1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Remember they got done for lateral movement..

That was a classic..

2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Lateral movement? I've heard the wording when regards to a company /organisation but what did Celtic mean by it?

3. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Aye, but wit do you really think :giggle1:

seanm likes this.
  4. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Haven’t heard Toytown for a while

5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Our support itself is so * fickle at times. The pyro displays are one thing most of us agree that there should be discussion or don’t use them at all in the stadiums. Don’t think there is a big problem using them outside among our own fans. As for politics, singing certain songs and banners, some of our support are brass necked. The Green Brigade are seen as a political wing within the club who give us a bad name. Also the line “they do not speak for me.”
    On here at the time of the game facing the Israelis and the Palestine display, some jumped in with voices of discontent and accusations of bringing the club down. Fast forward a week later and the worlds media, Pop stars, Politicians and most of the Arab world praised the club for remembering the Palestinians plight. Mr Lawell remained quiet after that and the same grumpy fans jumped on the feel good bandwagon.
    Also remember not too long ago what was supposedly one of the best displays at CP and up there in European displays on our 125th. How long did we talk about that. The avatars, pictures and all the praise. BARCA players were in awe etc, etc. Mr Lawell didn’t have the club pay for that but we fairly made money on the merchandise that came with this display. I won’t even get into the food banks and charity football tournaments.

bagforlife, JML67, Lochy1888 and 7 others like this.
  6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Ultras will always be under scrutiny, its a shame some clubs (Italian ultras are known to be violent and some of their clubs seem in fear of them), football clubs in England have a terrible issue with Racism, they don't hold their fans under such scrutiny. Most don't doubt the good that has and can come from the green Brigade whether it be political or moral. However silly little things c,rightly or wrongly, an undermine good works.

7. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

The club are covering their arses with Uefa
    The GB are spitting out the dummy.

We have this merry-go-round every season, frankly im * bored of both sides.

That being said the GB have * up with their "statement"... which was tantamount to sevcoism in its deflection and denial. Calling club out publicly for withholding their tickets now FORCES the club to act if the GB infringe again in ANY capacity. Shot themselves in the foot... much like they do at least once every season.

I love what they do. And i love my club. But both parties need to take a step back and grow the * up.

Ewang83, rkid, Xatraps and 4 others like this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. seanm

The board can't be all over the GB yet do * about resolution 12.*.tories on a * Celtic board.if my poor dad had lived to see Tories at our club he would have died of shame * bless him.

10. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    A whiff of self-importance about that GB statement, imo.

The pyro issue actually takes away from all the good work, political messages and charity that the GB does. That's a shame. As I said before, pyro is banned so whether you agree or not, by continuing to do it you're knowingly hurting the club financially.

11. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Genuine question here. What are peoples objections to the continual use of pyros?
    I get the safety issue. The answer surely is for the club to engage with the proper authorities to introduce safe pyro like other progressive nations/leagues. It adds to the matchday experience for me. Imo I love it.
    I honestly don't get the fans who continually moan about fines.
    FFS man the board more or less treat supporters with contempt with their lack of action in tackling key issues which we all know about.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You don’t understand why fans have an issue with their club being needlessly and negatively impacted, financially?

Keano88, FranceCelt and Seán Mac D like this.
  13. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    That's right mate I don't. Not when all member clubs were massively financially impacted by oldco being given a european license, and our board won't do * all on that, but will act on uefa being upset about banners and pyros. If you can't see the obvious hypocrisy in that I'm a bit miffed tbh.

Tommy25 and StPauli1916 like this.
  14. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Like a couple of kids they are. Relationship between them breaking down because the board take the * huff over the investment banner and the GB can somehow actually be that close minded to the other side of the Pyro arguement.

Point remains the club are well and truly at it enforcing section bans on 3 days notice on a support that travels from as far and wide as ourselves.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They suspended them for moving side to side..

Conlon and packybhoy like this.
  16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    The pyros would kill me with my asthma if I were anywhere near the GB.

Great atmosphere and visual display.

... The pyros, not my death.

17. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Keep seeing * say the GB need to stop damaging the clubs reputation :56:

Getting fined of UEFA for setting off a flare is hardly damaging our rep, unless of course your a EPL tourist fan boy or something. And let’s be honest the fines are peanuts.

Pyro will have to stop of course before we are punished more severely or even worse lose our great ultra group altogether.

Club should maybe look into the safe use of pyro.

Tommy25, Gully Sands and StPauli1916 like this.
  18. The67Sound

Awful, craven behaviour by the board. Actually looking to do us down in key games. Dunno why I expected better but I did. Rolling together the banners with the pyro issues is wrongheaded and dangerous.

Tommy25 and StPauli1916 like this.
  19. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If our game wasn't run by dinosaurs we would be looking at safe pyro. No doubt in my mind.

Luis1967 likes this.
  20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I get your point now you've elaborated but I think it's possible and logical to object to both.

The Celtic board are spineless cowards for not pursuing resolution 12 and I think they should be taken to task; but that doesn't mean I think the GB should fire up sparklers because they think they look good and 'cause we've previously lost money in the past. That's an incredibly weak argument.

Pyro does nothing for me personally but if the GB want talk with the authorities and club on implementing safe pyro then I'm all for that but in the interim the pyro should be binned.