1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

It's not upto the club it's in the laws of UEFA. Just don't use pyro, it's a pretty simple way to stop all the bullshit.

2. freitassen

If is not the pyro it will be something else. We were fined for having training bibs of the wrong colour, someone standing in the aisles, literally every team gets the same costumary 10k fine, regardless if it is a flare, racist chants, or massacring the away fans live on TV. UEFA is a * joke. We have the only board that take those fines seriously and go against their own fans as if it was a big deal, literally every other team defends their fans or ignore the topic when it is possible (and sometimes even when it goes totally against the reason).

Not that I think it is wise to have flares every game but * sake, no need for sanctimonious statements against our own fans for this bullshit.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic has ultimate responsibility for the safety of all our supporters and it is a responsibility which we take very seriously.

We need to tackle any behaviour which can compromise the safety of our supporters including the use of pyrotechnics, overcrowding and offensive chanting or banners.

Following the latest UEFA disciplinary decision we can confirm that there will be a partial closure of the rail seating section at Celtic Park for the forthcoming match against Rennes.

All those supporters affected will be notified and will receive a refund.

This decision follows similar significant sanctions being imposed against the Club already this season for the use of pyrotechnics during the matches against CFR Cluj and AIK Stockholm.

The Club also faces another UEFA charge for the use of pyrotechnics during the match in Rome recently and this will be heard on 12th December 2019.

Regrettably, these charges and sanctions continue to damage the Club’s reputation and this behaviour continues to threaten supporter safety.

UEFA’s rules and the Club’s long-established ground regulations are very clear. Indeed, the Club engages in regular dialogue with all supporters groups to ensure these are well known and understood.

We have considered this matter very carefully. It is disappointing that behaviour which is unsafe and which we all know will breach UEFA and Club regulations has continued.

4. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Easy way to stop the use of pyro.
    If someone starts to use it then Celtic threatens to ban that whole section of support in that area.
    That ban includes threaten of withdrawal of season ticket and also ban from gaining European tickets as well as Cup matches and games against the huns.
    To perpetrators, what would they rather have:
    A) A brilliant atmosphere but risking serious injury to themselves or other Celtic supporters with pyros and being banned from matches for breaking those rules or
    B) Not so good atmosphere but fellow Celtic supporters are safe and those innocent Celtic supporters are not banned just for being in same section as perpetrators who decide that they dont care about safety of fellow Celtic supporters.

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    UEFA didn’t shut the section though that was the board off it’s own back. Maybe if they were as forth coming in the fair running of our game I would actually respect the *.

Gabriel, freitassen, KRS-1888 and 2 others like this.
  6. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    They need to get it through their heads that it doesn't matter what they think, UEFA rules state that flares are banned and that's it. Personal opinion doesn't come into it, and the debate about the pros and cons is completely irrelevant. Flouting this rule gets Celtic in trouble with fines and ultimately reputation. It's costing the club money and could impact such things as insurance premiums etc.

I'm not sure how anyone could blame Celtic for taking action to ensure the club isn't further harmed by this...

Icicle, Mickmac and thailandceltic like this.
  7. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Celtic United FC, call me crazy but that could work.

8. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Bend over Celtic fans, the board are siding with fascists and fascist enablers.

What a way to kick the fans in the teeth, surely needs brought up at the AGM.

9. freitassen

A serious question: for the more that pyro is that dangerous and a serious issue that deserves to be ahead of racism, match fixing and crowd violence in UEFAs talking order, how many people were injured, or even died (because by the histeria around it you should almost expect a few deaths) of it in Europe, specifically that type of stuff most fans use that is just a flare that emits a coloured light?

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Well a lassy was in the paper the other day at a concert and got her * burned off from a coloured flair, otherwise donno no heard any. The * part probably got my attention though :56:

freitassen likes this.
  11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Actually thinking about it, the timing is probably correct.. We've qualified, last home game of the group.. Has to be a European game as that's where we're picking up the fines.

Club has to be seen to be doing something or we may be forced into a partial closure by UEFA.. And * that when we are in the KO stage.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Can't disagree with the point that the board weren't so pro-active in tackling SFA/Rangers corruption or the living wage.

That said we've got to a point that we're getting fines every single game and the Green Brigade insisting that they'll keep on doing it despite these, something has to give.

Personally I don't think a 30 second sparkler or release of coloured smoke brings anything to the atmosphere whatsoever but I get that others think differently. The choice is clear from here on in, keep doing it and you risk the GB section being shut and the club lose money that could go on better things...or stop doing it, the team benefit from the songs that the GB start, there's no fines and there's no reputational/sponsorship damage to club.

13. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Stop with the pyro in Europe. Easy solution.

Punished for it consistently yet the same morons continue to light it up for the sake of being rebellious.

I have few issues with the GB outside of this I should add.

14. Ryan19

Things have been rocky since the banner at Stockholm at home, timing of it is deliberate from them as it means AGM tomorrow will be more about this than Res 12.

Pablo87, Seán Mac D and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Here he is back in moaning soon as something Happens.

:56::56::56:

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Don't doubt that for a second. The AGMs are always managed to avoid scrutiny about real issues but irrespective it's time to give up the Pyro.

17. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Well if they keep doing it they better no bother girning when they get banned as it will be their own fault.

FranceCelt likes this.
  18. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I've only moaned about pyro. I love what they bring to the atmosphere. What's your point?

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Soon as something happens you canny wait to stick the boot in.

20. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Criticising them for ignoring consistent fines and repeating the behaviour that caused them isn't sticking the boot in. Regardless of your opinion on pyro (I've previously stated that I personally don't mind it), it's stupid to continue to use it in UEFA competitions when we know that it's going to result in punishment.

On the whole I have no problem with the Green Brigade, but their continued use of pyro is ridiculously juvenile.

Mickmac and thailandceltic like this.