1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Channel 4. Walter Presents.....

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by packybhoy, Nov 24, 2019.

Discuss Channel 4. Walter Presents..... in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    C4 Player has a section for foreign dramas. TV from Spain, France, Italy and Germany etc. They have picked the best and called the section Walter Presents. I am working through them and have really enjoyed. Remember they are subtitled, so not everyone’s cuppa.

Deutschland 83 & 86.
    Spy drama between East & West Germany during the years in the title. Started a bit slow and I left it for about 2 months and went back and was hooked. Deutschland 89 is in production at the minute. 8/10

No Second chance.
    French series where it starts with a murder and a baby kidnapping for ransom. Haven’t finished it yet but fast paced and exciting enough. 8/10

Mafia only Kills in the Summer.
    Just finishing this off atm and it is brilliant. Based in 1970s Siciliy and mostly a family’s struggle against normality and how corrupt society is with the Mafia running things. Pretty dark comedy and acting is brilliant. You get tied up with the characters immediately. Think it’s biographical. They dedicate the series to anyone who has stood up to the Mafia in Sicily. 9/10

Gabriel likes this.
  2. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Is Deutschland 86 a sequel to 83 or a stand alone? I've watched 83 a couple of years ago. The other 2 I've never heard of though I keep an eye out for non english language tv.

packybhoy likes this.
  3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Aye 86 is a continuation and is better than 83. Other 2 I finished last night. Both very good but mafia one sneaks it.

Gabriel likes this.