1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pearse67*

Rodgers style would have invited untold pressure onto us, we would have lost both lazio games imo.
    Under lennon there is fight, common sense, he actually matches up against his opponents and has a plan b, both games we went 1 behind but still won, fantastic!

Rydo1888*, Gabriel and Fully87 like this.
  2. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    saw what you did there :57:

Slaw and Seán Mac D like this.
  3. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    YES ! I was one of the " a step back brigade " my feeling was the board got their yes man …. in my disappointment I forgot about the MAN !! . Would love to be a fly on the wall when Lenny presents his " this is what I want in the JANUARY transfer window to have the Europa League winners in the best possible position for a run at the Champions League 20/21 … thanks "

4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Honestly mate this was always my argument, I just never could understand people who took Lenny as a shy wee cowardly yes man. I know people didn’t use those exact words but that’s what they were explaining to me. He’s been around the club for nigh on 20 years now.

If there’s one thing about him that we should be absolutely sure about, it is his character.

Trailing old ground and I’m speaking generally and not directly to you here but as he’s probably my favourite ever Celt, it still * wrankles me that.

Lilac Wine, Rydo1888*, Scotia and 4 others like this.
  6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    When he came out to the support after the match last night he deserved all of that praise. Goosebumps when we were all singing ‘only one Neil Lennon’. A historic win.

7. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Agree with you here Dev, while I wasn't overly impressed with getting Lenny full time I did have a laugh at those who gibbered on about him being a yes man for Pete, that * was embarrassing.
    On the subject of Pete I haven't seen any of our 'have a go' CEO's or anyone else girning about him/board offering Lenny the job in the showers for a while now either ... funnily enough :giggle1:

8. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
  9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not my work, but aye its class :50:

10. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    That result wouldn't have even been conceivable under snake. Gwan Lenny, true Celtic man.

11. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon has added a steeliness to what was already a good Celtic side. The players/previous manager got a lot of credit for turning up when it mattered domestically, but we were still soft and a bit naive in Europe a lot of the time, and we looked that way against the Huns at Ibrox last season.

Lennon seems more pragmatic - a dirty word under the last manager - and has varied his approach for certain games and it's definitely paid off. We are a lot more streetwise this year and it's great to see. 3-1 in Bosnia, 1-1 in Romania, 4-1 in Sweden, 1-1 in France & now 2-1 in Italy is an incredible set of results. Throw in a controlled 2-0 win at Ibrox and it's clear to see the impact Lennon is having.

Apart from a handful of games where we abandoned what we're good at in favour of launching crosses into the box and shooting from distance )Dunfermline, Hibs & Livi) we've been excellent.

12. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Strangely all the talk of chips and bad diets has disappeared from this thread. Our unhealthy team seem to have no problem getting through the 90 minutes and even coping into injury time. Maybe its the irn bru

13. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Absolute master class with tactics both home and away.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    kinda * I should learn to laugh at but it gets under my skin, with everything he goes through and has went through in this country we’re the ones who should know better.

It’s a media narrative, because there is zero reality about it at all.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Out unhealthy team were far, far fitter than the Italians last night. They were dead on their feet, we were still going strong.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Good points. They were totally shattered and we certainly looked the fitter..

That wasn't by luck. We knew we had them. You could see it all over the pitch second half. Everytime we had a freekick we were playing it quick and going for it..

Genuinely a joy to watch..

Gabriel and Liam Scales like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: Not really had a chance to reflect on the result, we got in very late this morning. The immediate feelings are of immense pride and happiness

NL: "The qualification is a huge feather in our caps and the performances in the four games from the players have been immense."

NL: "I didn't think we'd qualify as quickly. They showed great resilience last night. Some of the football we played and the chances we created, it was a real step in the right direction."

NL: "A huge credit goes to the supporters. It felt like the real Celtic. That connection with the fans and the players was there. There was a real pride for me last night. To send them home happy was as good for me as getting the result

NL on performances: "It's the sum of all parts. We've got a great young and dynamic coaching staff here. Their work ethic is fantastic and the players themselves are playing brilliantly

NL on #UEL knockout round: "It's a long way off, it's after the January window and we'll look to strengthen again. Going forward we are a threat against anyone."

NL: "It was a proud night and one to savour, but we have an important game on Sunday. So we'll park last night and prepare for a tough test."

NL on Motherwell: "They're are having a brilliant season. Stephen Robinson is very flexible with their tactics. He's been to cup finals and performing consistently well in the Leauge

NL on injury updates: "Griffiths could feature. Rogic we're hoping will be back and Mikey has a small chance too. Hatem will get a scan tomorrow but we don't think he'll be fit for the game."

Rydo1888* and tarboltontim like this.
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ‘And we’ll look to strengthen again’

Doesn’t miss a mark from a position of power there.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  19. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    saw that video this morning , when he blessed himself I felt so much pride !!

20. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    :57::57::57::57::57:

Liam Scales likes this.