1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rod Stewart doing the huddle!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Aidzo 09, May 15, 2011.

Discuss Rod Stewart doing the huddle! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeremie Frimpong

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Jeremie Frimpong

@Cupid Stunt claimed that there are lots of places where people only know of Celtic because of 'Sir Rod' - who happens to be in Hamburg, a city renowned for its connection to Celtic. If anything, he is riding on Celtic's coattails.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Really thanks for the info.

Didn’t know we were connected to Hamburg thanks to St Pauli.

5. Cupid Stunt

Show me where I specifically mentioned where he was in that photo?

You're either purposely missing the point/being a * about it or deserve my username.

The guy travels all over the world and almost always has his Celtic drum and brings up Celtic no matter where he is.

You think losing that will have zero impact on the brands visibility around the World?

Edit:
    This was possibly the part of my post you missed/chose to ignore, "in lots of cases where people probably wouldn't have a * clue who Celtic were or even heard of us otherwise."

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    No bother mate :50:

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Got sent this from my mum at his show in York tonight
    0D744924-3B69-409C-89BA-B35C7A303AE1.jpeg 2710447E-D180-4876-A1AE-30A83A881B93.jpeg

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Canny wait to see him again on 26th November!

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Another one.

E3DF723B-AE53-4627-B711-AE9032F8A9B1.jpeg

packybhoy likes this.
  14. TheHappyLoss

Buy us a right back ya gravel voiced *

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    To me, to you!!

bagforlife likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Rod Stewart has blasted the Green Brigade for lighting flares at Celtic’s Euro glory night in Rome.

The Hoops-daft rocker, 74, fears the ultras group stunt could see the champs clobbered with Uefa sanctions.

Sir Rod, in the stands for Thursday’s 2-1 victory over Lazio, said: “We’ve got to be careful. We don’t help ourselves.”

The rock idol also told how he watched on in horror with Celts chief Peter Lawwell as some of the 9,000-strong travelling army lit flares inside the Stadio Olimpico.

Sir Rod reckons the club could now face tough sanctions from Euro footie bosses following the powderkeg trip, which also saw three Bhoys supporters stabbed by masked Lazio thugs.

The Sailing star said of the pyro display: “I looked along at Peter Lawwell and I said ‘We’re in trouble aren’t we?’ And he said ‘Yes we are’.”

The Parkhead club have been carpeted eight times in seven years for fans letting off flares in Europe, including a £10,000 fine following last month’s home clash with CFR Cluj.

And Thursday’s flashpoint came two weeks after the Green Brigade ultras sparked a Uefa probe by unfurling a banner in the reverse fixture of Benito Mussolini’s body.

Social media snaps also appeared to show Hoops fans mocking the Fascist dictator’s upside-down corpse dangling from a garage by doing handstands to celebrate the last-gasp 2-1 win.

Sir Rod, who said he enjoyed “four days to remember” in the Italian capital, insisted a minority of Celts diehards let themselves and the club down.

He said: “I think the Mussolini thing may have been over the top. The vast majority of supporters were so well behaved.

“We were in a restaurant in People’s Square and it was a gorgeous sunny day and there were Hoops supporters everywhere.

“I was hiding away having some spaghetti and some wine when I heard these lads singing You’re In My Heart in the restaurant next door.

“They hadn’t spotted me as there was a bush between the restaurants.

“Then someone saw me, then someone else. But they were great, getting selfies for their mum and being polite.

“Then we were out on the street and did a version of Grace. The police just looked on and gave us a round of applause actually. It was really good. I was so proud of those supporters.”

But the Hoops-daft crooner — who posed with Lazio’s eagle mascot Olimpia before kick-off — slammed knife thugs who ambushed fans in bars.

Twelve Italian men were nicked in the city centre. Sir Rod said: “It’s a * shame about those f****** supporters. But I couldn’t have been treated better by everyone at Lazio.

“Of course I was worried, but it still wouldn’t keep me away.

“I was staying in a lovely hotel at the top of the Spanish Steps so I was pretty safe as I didn’t go in any bars. But I was out singing on the streets.”

Sir Rod jetted into Rome on Monday with showbiz pal John McLaughlin.

He revealed he ranks Celtic’s first ever win in Italy as good as their famous victory over Barcelona in 2012.

And he told of his thrill at sharing the glory night with Parkhead supremo Mr Lawwell, right, and the squad.

He said: “It is one of the most wonderful moments. We followed the team coach in and Scott Brown and Neil Lennon came over to shake hands. I said, ‘Go on Neil, let’s get a point here.’ And he said ‘We’re going to win’.

“And he was right. It was fabulous. But I had a flight booked for straight after the game, so I didn’t party on.”

Sir Rod also saluted Rangers, who dumped Portuguese aces Porto 2-0 at Ibrox to leave them on the brink of joining their Old Firm rivals in the Europa League last 32.

He went on: “I am over the moon for Rangers. It would be great if we played each other in Europe further down the line.”

The chart legend will return to Scotland for four gigs at the end of this month. But he has no plans to ditch his leopard skin outfits despite his 75th birthday looming in January.

He added: “I’ll keep going as long as is physically possible and that the voice is still as good as it is now.

“So long as I’ve got the energy and don’t embarrass myself I won’t give up. But I don’t mind embarrassing myself as I love coming out in silly outfits.”

18. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    * up Rod.

19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Rod Stewart can * off

Sick of the sight of him at every big game

Rydo1888* and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Don't mind embarrassing yourself..

We can see that. The whole article is embarrassing..

Rydo1888* likes this.