1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The outer worlds

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Raoul Duke, Dec 8, 2018.

Discuss The outer worlds in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    It's basically fallout new vegas in space. The world maybe isn't as immersive as New Vegas but the writing and story is fantastic.

The Thumb likes this.
  2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Loved new Vegas. Will need to get this. Hopefully dont need to find a cowboy hat, to enable the game not to crash and * my save to enter new Vegas... :56:

3. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I dont have many issues with the game but the one I do have is a big one, it's too colourful so colourful it's hard for me to play for any decent length of time without having too give my eyes a rest from looking at it. I'm still on the first world but it feels very 'no mans skyish' with the colours and re used assets everywhere. Hopefully I get used to it because the rest of the game seems great.​

4. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

I'm still on the fence about this game. I'm enjoying myself as this game has fun characters and dialogues, but have the feeling this game could have been so much more. Looks a bit like lazy game developing to me as made in some game maker software. The same sort of buildings/crates/vendig machines/enemies etc. throughout the game. (At least as far as I got into playing it.) The fallout/New Vegas vibe is definitely there, but a bit too much imo.
    Playing it on normal and most enemies don't even notice you until you're on top of them (Giving you a big advantage every time you get into a fight.)

Still fun to play though, but hope it still will be in a few hours on the road.

5. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm getting more used to the visuals but I'm still not a big fan on the general aesthetic, also theres very little sense of exploration because the maps are so small.

Artorias likes this.
  6. M 67

Is t like fall out in that you can recruit volunteers and build settlements?

7. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Nope

8. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You can have up to two companions that follow you about like in fallout games. But it isn't like fallout 4 where you can build big settlements, the world is alot smaller than fallout games.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Got this on Thursday. Obsessed with it.

It's like Mass Effect meets Fallout. A beautiful combination.

The Thumb likes this.
  10. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I beat the main campaign and most of the side missions I think and the companion quests, overall the game was pretty good I think nothing special. The story was interesting albeit very short and the dialogue in the game was its strong point but I had a few gripes with the game which stopped me really enjoying it first of which is the general aesthetic of the worlds which I thought was horrible looking and I never quite got used to it, reminded me of no mans sky with abit of minecraft thrown in with the reused assets and bright colours everywhere. Second issue with the game was that the lack of exploration, every planet had a few small settlements with absolutely nothing in between them, if you see a big a open area on the map theres no point in going there cause its empty space with maybe a few creatures and trees dotted about to fill it up, and that leads me into the final issue I had was that it felt incredibly repetitive to play. The gameplay loop of go here do this get that and bring it back is pretty common but because the worlds are so small and empty with nothing interesting inbetween them it means I ended fast travelling everywhere so I spent a huge amount of my time with the game looking at loading screens which are long as * btw, it felt like a chore sometimes playing the game. Also the enemy placement is * retarded at times , you'll leave a settlement and literally a few yards from the front door you'll see a bunch of boxes sitting in the middle of the road with enemies standing amongst them and once you kill them you'll walk further up the road and see the same thing again and again until you get to where your going. I know I'm in the minority because most people seem to love it and I can certainly see its strengths but for me it had major issues stopping me from enjoying it more.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  11. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Tried playing it but just couldn't get into it. Thought the combat was brutal.

Might give it another go next weekend.

12. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Ain't too impressed with it this far either.