1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Lazio, UEFA Europa League, Thu 24th Oct, KO 20:00. BT Sports 3.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Oct 19, 2019.

Discuss Celtic v Lazio, UEFA Europa League, Thu 24th Oct, KO 20:00. BT Sports 3. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Even though I miss being in the CL and getting some scalps, this competition is definitely our level. If it wasn't for the money difference I wouldn't even mind not qualifying for the CL - we'd have got pumped silly in that group Slavia are in just now.

Last night was a proper game of football against two similarly matched sides - great to watch!

Marty McFly and Whoflungdung like this.
  2. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Buzzing. * Lazio. Don't think we would have got anything from that game under rat features.

3. annieroos83

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Was just thinking this. Can't really think of another time where we'd have come back from a goal like that in Europe. It was a sucker-punch, we foundered for a bit, then we found our spirit again and went on to win. Just incredible!

bagforlife and neilly1987 like this.
  4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Apart from a few games he was brutal in Europe, yes the opposition was of a higher standard but he seemed clueless on how to approach or change games.

5. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Just pure arrogance and a Plan B is to do Plan A better mentality, which doesn't really work when you're up against teams that can actually press you and keep the ball under pressure and not Motherwell or Dundee.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  6. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I was sitting there at 1 nil and we were looking lost and was thinking this was never going to be our night, defensively Lazio were too strong, they then hit the post and I somehow knew that was the turning point, the game after then was utterly brilliant until the last seconds when big Fraser made that save, sometimes games can hinge on a certain moment and that moment in the second half was definitely it, I walked out drained but the sheer joy in everyone’s faces around me were testament the Europa League should never be sniffed at again by a minority of our support.

Superb night and one that I can say I felt privileged to have been part of.

Rightfully praise for Julien, Ajer and Big Fraser but also a special mention to Broony, he was immense at times and we should never take him for granted

7. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    And Ryan Christie ??

8. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Couldn't even get on this thread post match last night. Unbelievable result, wasn't perfect at times but the heart and endeavour was 10/10.. it's nights like last night that make us an attractive location for transfers and talent, encourages the underage players too. Filters right across the club and now hopefully we can win Sunday which is a massive away game. As many have said above and I thought it last night , not a chance in * a Rodgers Celtic come back from 1 down last night. The whole dynamic of the game and the whole dynamic of edouard and Christie's performance changed when we went 5 across the back. Edoaurd was smothered by Lazio defence, they sat so deep and made it fairly difficult in/around the box, that all changed when Lennon changed formation and brought rogic on

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

tarboltontim likes this.
  9. kenyan_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Can anyone help me out with the full match?:39: I'm looking for a copy for my brother who missed it :(

10. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That guys never a Celtic player in a hundred years mate :yeah:

11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Nights like these are just class

12. James Gold Member Gold Member

13. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I think you maybe missed one mate!!:84:

What a night!!

14. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Hope all the * who left early missed the goal

kinglenny, Bonobhoy, JML67 and 4 others like this.
  15. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I don't buy that we'd be 'pumped silly' by Barca, Dortmund and Inter. I don't think there's a massive difference between those sides and Lazio. * even Slavia had over 20 shots on Barca this week and drew away to Inter.

17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Was a tremendous night and when I got home watched it again, was euphoric but something I never noticed as much at game and seems to be kinda overlooked is the * horrendous 100% straight red for the studs up right up mcgregor s leg , was a terrible challenge, mcgregor was lucky not to have been worse

instead of giving a red the ref booked him then decided to book the nearest Celtic player to him for no reason whatsoever

18. oh bhoy

English * on bt sport highlights letting on we hanging on the whole game,after sitting through the English clubs highlights you could see why they are all jelly.
    we were the better side in the first half think the way we lost the goal maybe spooked us a bit yes they had a couple of good chances but that wasn't the story of the game ,we didn't play that well wanted too much time on the ball. if we are a bit sharper we will win away

Whoflungdung likes this.
  19. scootz

I think there's a distinct possibility that they might have.

:56:

20. Markybhoy

Great result. Nice to hear '* Lazio' raining down from the stands for most of the match too.