1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    SFA have bent over backwards for years to accommodate those mutants.
    The Bougherra case is another eye opener of impartiality. No suspension, just a measly £2.5k fine!!
    Had that been our player, guaranteed ban I’m certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnboy19 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The contempt that wee * McRae showed when we done the invincible treble didn’t clap looked scunnered.

season before the look on the officials face waiting for Hibs to collect the cup

2015 the semi final, picture of the refs with the dodgy handshake then same refs who missed a blatant hand ball!

It is rife within the sfa like it was in the dockyards back in the day they Most likely walk down the corridors of the sfa whistling the sash!

Easter Rd Davie and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  3. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    just a thought - i wonder why players who retire early through (through injury or other reason) do not become refs. Its not a bad wage.

Same with the * pundits we have on tv. Would be far better having players who are currently injured commentating on games.. at least they play in the modern era unlike many pundits,

Or we start the Celtic FC International Referee Academy :fear:

Spring Time and johnboy19 like this.
  4. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Jozo trolling Kenny Miller :56::56::56:

Rydo1888* likes this.
  5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    To clarify..
    My post was specific to recent seasons in the SPL where i believe that we have had a relatively even amount of decisions in our favour than against us. Iv been clear about that from the outset.

at no time have i attempted to deny or ignore the obvious past incidents of the 80s, 90s or even 00s.

@Blochairnbhoy i duno why your tagging me on anything from 20 years ago. That aint my debate and certainly isnt my debate with you.

@StPauli1916 you are saying im trying too hard, but iv never denied ther still has been some awful decisions against us. Iv never tried to say we have got it all our way, but it seems like there are a few who are outraged to suggest some actually went our way.

Iv made the point about the awful decisions we have had in europe in recent years also, which very few if anyone has attributed to the refs being against celtic.

the point i was trying to make is that not every decision that goes against us in the spl will be because the refs are against us, as some will be down to an element of bad refereeing also. Im not so sure that in recent seasons the bad decisions has been proportionately greater domestically.

its a bit farfetched to even the refs who support other wee teams are out for us too and then draw from some kind of historical story that suggests an anti irish or catholic stance to try and prove a point.

it seems like a previous post from a member said that he has a friend who is an official and a celtic fan and suggests that he does not believe him that there is not an overt anti celtic bias, and maybe it is naivety on my part, but it would take a very weak man and to remain silent as an employee and celtic fan in the knowledge that all that is going on.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You haven't answered my question @G_portillo.

You said you believe previously there was an anti-Celtic bias but you don't think there is any more.

At what point do you think there was an agenda up until?

And what in particular led you to think that agenda had ended?

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The cheats from the 90s and 00s are the very people cherry picking the next crop of referees. With a bit of nepotism thrown in for good measure.

Sorry but anyone thinking this has went away is living in cloud cuckoo land.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The full Dougiegate thing and Dallas getting the sack for actually being factually caught with the anti-Irish/Catholic email’s was in the 2010’s, not 00’s.

9. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Probably dismiss the early 10’s now.

10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Referees strike was that period as well.

Gyp Rosetti and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We are close to nailing down a date though.

At this rate it will be about 9am this morning. :giggle1:

12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Again, iv clearly stated recent seasons from the outset.

Regardless, does the answer really matter to your argument, given that you clearly feel that the institutional bias still exists?

The main point i initially made was that i dont feel as if on the whole things have went against us over the course of the past few season. Do you deny that some decisions have went in our favour or is that simply inconceivable?

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    i have a stat for you from last season!

from a position of dropping points last season celtic benefited from 4 points from “mistakes in their favour” but mistakes against us cost us 6 points.

rainjurz benefited in 22 points from mistakes in their favour. And there was no mistakes that cost them points!

They complained about Collum to the sfa and what happened? He didn’t get a rainjurz game from September to May last season and in the same period he got 7 Celtic games and cup final!

but it was “just the way the appointments fell” lot of *!

the huns have had a helping hand since 1960’s onwards.

we live in a country here orange Protestant self entitlement is rife organisations such as rainjurz, dockyards and sfa where they are institutionally racist on the grounds of religious hatred!

masons, orange lodges all backwards as *!

refs are corrupt not just * corrupt as * go watch anyone but Celtic, read various books, speak to Celtic legends then come back with your argument they ain’t bias!

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

How recent? That's a very subjective definition to use.

It should be a simple question to answer. You believed we were being cheated and you now don't think we're being cheated. What was the tipping point?

Of course it's relevant. Regardless of the countless examples or points given to you, you're making excuses "Awk that was years ago" etc. then when pointed out the very same people are still involved you gloss over it.

As people have stated ad nauseam on the thread, some decisions will go for and against every team.

Do I think some decisions have went against us down to incompetence of the officials? Yes eg. Christie penalty v Rennes.

Do I think some decisions have went for us down to incompetence of the officials? Yes eg. Penalty v Motherwell in the League Cup Final 2018, foul was outside the box

Do I think some decisions have went against us because of bias? Yes, pick any one of the plenty examples above, some proven in a court of Law under oath.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    when i refer to recent times, Id say in the last 5 years or so.

Again it seems like you think im saying that nothing goes against us, and iv never said that. But i think its a bit harder to distinguish than to just say “dodgy penalty given to Hibs- awk another corrupt ref”.

Im well aware of decisions that have went against us, iv never denied them, but then you are calling me ignorant but not willing to accept that we do get decisions and that there are a lot of other teams who feel hard done by.. so does that make me ignorant?

And as i have also conceded im sure that decisions may go against us because of a bias, and no i dont think its right, but not all of them can be so easily attributed to dodgy refs.

16. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    This 1 minute pish has gotten well outta hand..

Everytime we're winning..

4 goals first half and can't wait to blow thus whistle on half time..

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's like the inverse of the Golden Age myth. I've been hearing how it used to happen but not anymore for 3 decades. No doubt the line was moving before that and will continue to be moved after I'm in the next place.

Liam Scales and StPauli1916 like this.
  19. jj81

No fair on folk who have a bet on over 2.5 or in this instance 4.5 , and cos the game is won the whistle goes early, joke.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  20. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    There is no excuse for it really. Not just in our games but there seems to be some notion that if a game isn't close they can just blow up when they like instead of adding on the proper time for stoppages. The only time I could ever see any justification for it would be in a game where things looked like they were getting out of hand either on the pitch or in the stands and they make a judgement call to not allow things to get out of hand. That certainly didn't apply today.