1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Rather than go round in circles or answering some of your questions that you can get answers to online, I'll put it back to you @G_portillo.

You said you think there was previously a bias against us but you don't think there is now?

When did that change?

When do you think we were being cheated up until and when did you think we were treated fairly?

Sean Daleer and StPauli1916 like this.
  2. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Don’t concern yourself, we will still win it. Even though we are still being cheated.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  3. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Blows my mind that people can see all the evidence piling up and still not believe it.

4. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    They wouldve ended up with at least 3 or 4

5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    So Refs are stopping us beating off form Hibs and Livi? Lol.aye okay.

I'm never sure with some refs but that should be a small side issue.

At least if we were playing well and had these type of incidents then fair enough but hardly that.

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Who said that? They really do need pointing out, so can you tell us who they are?

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

So being denied two stonewall penalties which would have won us the game, didn't stop us winning the game.

Should have expected that from you though. My bad for biting.

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I am sure all clubs could put together a list of dodgy decisions.. due to the complete incompetence of the officials
    However, i would be astonished if any clubs list came close to Celtics. Granted most of us on here do not watch all other clubs games but
    a quick look on football forums would seem to show that there are much fewer than we have.

Technology is the way forward but in Scotland we will always have a problem finding neutral officials to make the final call.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’d be very surprised if other clubs could point towards the likes of Farry or Dougiegate

10. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Aye well put...and they cant !!

Sydneysider likes this.
  11. Heb Celt

That's the hard evidence right there for any fans who are doubting If we have fans doubting there is an agenda against us then what chance do we have convincing anyone else.Its an issue thats always been there and always will.

Sydneysider and Liam Scales like this.
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Or a canteen culture of anti Celtic/Irish/Catholic running right through the heart of Scottish football, as testified by 3 former employees of the SFA at a tribunal.

Mind you that was about a decade ago. I'm sure 100 years of attitudes and prejudices have disappeared since then..

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Imagine there was a fair few top Celtic supporting ex official's (no laughing at the back) who went around CSC's/functions telling us gleefully how they cheated the huns in our game's..

Aye I'm sure it happens all the time right enough.......

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They hounded Tony McGlennan out of the SFA compliance officer post because of a blog post he had made 12 years before he took office.

Compare that to the revolving doors between Ibrox and Hampden in the noughties....Ogilvie, Gordon Smith, Andrew Dickson (responsible for lying to SFA re wee tax case to obtain a UEFA licence) still to this day a member of the SFA congress.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    It's beyond ridiculous..

They hounded Clare Whyte for being a Tim, even though they won every appeal (must've been a world record) going last season..

Bent the rules for Morelos so that kicks and stuff weren't straight reds anymore...even with intent...but had to be excessive force. Yet he wasn't sent off for jumping on Ralston. Kent wasn't sent off and faced no punishment for Punching Broony and the wife beater Flanagan got nothing for Elbowing Broony..

Go figure. The old making it up as they go along when it comes to that mob is as blatant as ever....despite camera's everywhere and close ups..

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You forgot their 'Not acting in the best interests of association charge' that they made up to try and punish Broony for holding out his arms.

Deciding allegations of racism on the 'balance of probability' against Tonev.

Banning Meekings for his handball as appeasement for 4 officials cheating...only to later rescind it.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    There is literally endless evidence..

Like the top one on Broony which was a belter..

Yet still though...we have some with fingers in the ears..

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Scotland, where outstretching your arms to celebrate victory against 'Rangers' isn't acting in the best interests of association football but operating a mass tax avoidance scheme over a period of 11 years, paying over 80 players, managers, directors, SFA board members and Blackburn Managers a total of £47 million, is absolutely fine in the interests of association football.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  19. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    When they tried to do broony for that trumped up charge (after being himself assaulted twice in said game) they couldn’t do him with obscene gestures as they had already changed that rule to allow josh windass? a free pass to play us after giving the * sign to st johnstone fans a few years back if i remember correctly?

20. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    As @Jax Teller stated earlier I just can't get my head around that this is still a debate and there are some on here denying it!! @G_portillo I hope we can look back at this season and say that was a fair split of dodgy decisions......however personally I've seen enough already to know if anything it's getting worse!! I think you're a no bad poster usually mate but sadly I think you're well wrong here though!! Well wrong!!