1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Fixed that for you

bagforlife likes this.
  2. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I think talking about the whole of the SFA in general is another matter.
    Speaking of this season, in isolation, i dont think there has been referees out to get us.

3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I genuinely think over the past few seasons we have had a lot of decisions go our way and some go against us. Its important not to get what im saying confused with what has gone on historically.

I believe that the number one reason that we find ourselves in second at the moment is because our away form has been poor.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's the same official's..

So if they cheated us last year, then they've been playing fair so far this year?

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Again mate, i think you are going into the SFA as a whole.

in days gone by, definitely. I can think back to Bougherra repeatedly fouling Hooper and him getting away with murder.

But i dont think there has been an example so blatant in the past few years and over the course of the last few seasons, the standard of refereeing has been poor across the board and many teams have been up in arms about decisions not going there way at one point or another.

6. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Who cheated us? I dont feel that we were cheated at any point last year?

To put it differently, i do think that in years gone by there was definitely a pro rangers bias, but being frank i dont think thats the case now and if there is it certainly isnt near as prevelant.

i simply dont think we have been good enough away from home the past few games. Even at easter road with a penalty shout, we still had 20 odd shots and never converted. You can look at it as we dropped points because we never got a penalty (which we might have missed), or that our finishing wasnt good enough.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I stopped at the second question..

Jax Teller likes this.
  8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Im distraught about that.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I've just clocked your sarcasm. Explains the post's above now :50:

10. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Do you not remember referee Andrew Dallas, son of Hugh Dallas, being fast tracked through to the top flight. As if refereeing is hereditary?? Gave the huns 6 penalties in 2 games last year!!!

KRS-1888 and Sydneysider like this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    G Portillo "it should've been 7"..

12. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
  13. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    There was a game last season or the season before, they got 6 mins injury time first half coz they couldnt score. Then another 6 mins injury time second half. Explain that *!!

Sydneysider likes this.
  14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Yawn.. it all sounds a wee bit like hun obsessed patter.

I think theres a few on the high horse here and quite a few points being confused with the point iv made.

Is every instance we are not awarded a penalty down to a masonic conspiracy against us?

If we had beaten Livi and remained top, would we even be debating this?

we werent given penalties in europe this season too you know.. Maybe just taken off the tin foil hats for the euro matches

15. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Hugh Dallas apparently still has an influence on the selection of selecting refs for european ties. If this is true then it says it all. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind there is biased refs who will consciously or subconsciously (doesn't really matter) give decisions against us because they are sevco fans. It's pretty obvious to me. Arguments to the contrary are incredible imo. And I'm sure it was Keane who Bhougerra fouled all game and got booked late on.
    Some of the worst decisions i can remember
    Lafferty on Hinkel
    Lafferty on Ki
    Hill penalty claim
    Huns pen after breaking Lambert's jaw
    Cadetes offside goal
    Gazzas elbow on Pierre
    Schalkes pen fir Ross Cty
    Hartsons offside goal in cup final
    To name but a few
    Honest mistakes my hole

16. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Last season was bad for ref decisions against us, but for them. James tavernier scored about 16 penalties ffs. Name that * in any other league!! Doesnt add up. Its goni be worse this season going for 9 in a row. Wait till we win it, and then next season going for the 10, you will see how * blatant it is

Sydneysider likes this.
  17. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Hugh Dallas can sook ma hole!!! And his son can watch!!! Give him a yellow card coz its outside the box hahahaa

18. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We live in a country where the vast majority of the population see Celtic as the manifestation of sporting Catholicism.

This bigoted backwater of a country at its establishment core Hate Catholics and Hate Celtic.

The vast majority of referees in a split second go with their inherited bias and gut instinct. That gut instinct can’t help but favour the team they support and go against one they despise.

I’ve argued long and hard with a current official I know who is actually a Tim. He denies it exists, but my argument back is why he is not the man in the middle and is only a flouncing flag waver.

A few years back The Rev Mike McCurry gave one of the most perverse refereeing performances in the history of Scottish football. The media howled in his defence and called out the Celtic support in particular for casting aspersions on his integrity. My point I made to a certain Mr Spiers was simple. The media said that he was a “man of integrity” at the same time this “man of integrity” had been caught having an affair with one of his flock. I counter argued that if he was of such high moral fortitude then why was he having an affair? If he can cheat on his family then it’s a * formality when awarding penalties to his favourite team or chalking off goals against them.

The majority of referees support “Rangers” which is a fact not one person can deny. That right there is reason why they should not referee any of their games and none of ours.

19. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    what about Beaton at ibrox last season? Genuinely one of the most blatantly biased refereeing performances i can remember.

20. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Again, we are going back quite a number of years here. My original post was about recent years and this season so far.

Is the feeling here that we are second because the refs are out for us? Where do you draw the line between bad refereeing and an anti celtic/pro hun agenda?

you know a lot of fans from outwith us and sevco think that we always get favourable decisions against them?