1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Karamoko Dembele!!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by DEADEYECFC, May 29, 2016.

Discuss Karamoko Dembele!! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RockhardBoss

It's a bit of a double-edged sword, I guess - do you cash in while your stock is high or gamble on your ability.
    I was just reading The Guardian's segment on the 40 'wonderkids' they'd picked out and where they're in 5 years. A few made it (Tielemans was one) but some have completely vanished into lower leagues.

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd play him more, Forrest at times looks like he needs a rest and isn't getting much luck. Arzani and Shved are no where to be seen, surely bringing Dembele on for 20mins or so is better long term for us.

He either explodes and it propels are season, to which he may leave for big bucks. Or we see he isn't the messiah he is painted as, and life goes on.

3. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Get this bhoy playing.!!
    If he doesn't start getting games it will be real easy for the bigger teams to steal him from us.

Get him playing in europe in front of 60,000 fans at Celtic Park and get his value up.
    Let the bigger teams see right away what this young guys potential is, at the same time he gets a taste of things to come.

Lenny needs to play this right with the young bhoy. Get him playing.!!

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

There's nothing more we can do as a club for Dembele so we're at the mercy of his and his families decisions.

I know we've been stung with Feruz before but Karamoko appears to not only have his head screwed on but wants to make inroads here.

Playing him before he’s ready to stave off interest isn’t the answer.

Dalbeth3, Rydo1888*, Hammy89 and 4 others like this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Get the feeling he will be here till he is 21/22 and move on in the footsteps of Tierney and Dembele.

However, I do fear if we don't start to play him, he may become discontented. A big club will soarkle any interest with a big bid/wage and the lure of playing first team football sooner.

If Barca (I know I know I know) an give Fati time, surely we can give Dembele some time.

paulie67 likes this.
  6. Jeremie Frimpong

Three-years is the maximum contract length for 16-year-old and 17-year-old players, mate.

Dembélé turned 16 half way through the season, which, I assume, is why the contract he signed was for two and a half years, rather than three.

7. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I see what you're saying...

I just worry like what Damian said above...
    That the wee man will become discontented and start seeing possibly the benefits(or not) of moving sooner rather than later.

Peej likes this.
  8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I only want him in the team if he’s good enough and ready. Regardless of his talent it’s still a big step up from reserve football.

9. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    From the glimpses that we've seen, surely he's ready for 15-20mins here and there.
    I'm just so excited to see this wee guy play.

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Great point about Fati. Not only is he getting a chance but the elites of football in that side are giving him the ball, as they would Messi....as they know he is the difference..

I wasn't overly keen on throwing him in because of his size...but he really is good enough. He showed at Celtic Park against the diets that he isn't fazed by the occasion..

The reason he's here and wants to be here just now, is because it's an easier pathway to first team football. If he isn't getting it this season, then it'll be no different to him being at an Arsenal or whoever....but with loads more money every week..

I think it's vital he starts getting game time this season..

Valhalla, FCBarca, Tommy25 and 3 others like this.
  11. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Surely its a management decision to play the lad, a tight league and as we progress harder Euorpa games may well diminish his potential first team game time..??

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    From what we have seen already, we know he is comfortable on the ball and can dribble and create space, sure the hammer throwers in this league will be out to get him, but I think he is quick enough to create that yard of space to steer clear.

The alternative is to wrap him in cotton wool, and we run that risk that he gets fed up.

He offers a different outball than Forrest, who needs rested some times. I'd be giving him a chance.

Tommy25 and paulie67 like this.
  13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He should be utilised, but you couldnt have put him in away to Livingston or Hibs. Livingston would have kicked him into the stand. Home to Ross county is perfect game to put him on bench. He has been injured and was missing from academy games bar a recent cameo off bench

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

14. The67Sound

Forrest's shoulders are broad.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  15. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Hopefully we move up a few gears and are 2/3 goals up in home games to give him the minutes if we plan on keeping him.

16. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Games like Ross County at Home, there is no reason that we couldn’t get him involved, would even start him in such a game. No point playing Forrest every game and burning him out. The amount of games both he and McGregor play each season is ridiculous

Whoflungdung likes this.
  17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    He's more likely to get game time here than anywhere else.

A great shame if he moves on. Plenty of time. No rush to move on yet. He'll get his move.

Tommy25, StPauli1916 and Maestro 08 like this.
  18. Maestro 08

If he's struggling for game time here at the minute then he definitely wont get any at the club's he's being linked with. If he's patient, he will eventually establish himself and then he can look at other horizons if he wishes. Dembele, Tierney, Wanyama & Van Dijk will all testify to what we can do for his career LONG TERM. Guys like Feruz took the quick buck but then ended up being swallowed up & spat out by the academies down there.

eire4 and StPauli1916 like this.
  19. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    He will move on at one point, but now is not the time for his development!

20. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Quality is there and the maturity appears to be at the appropriate level for senior football. From there it really depends on the player & his entourage/family/agent - I felt this at the time he got his 1st team cameo, he was ready to play at this level and of course the club made certain to give his professional contract last December (At 15 years of age) thru 2021. If player pushes for minutes, he can go elsewhere to see if it will be better & of course there will be no shortage of suitors - it's the era we live in now where kids are pushing for minutes

He appears to be level headed and settled at Celtic with ambition to succeed here so might be a year early to worry about him pushing for an exit but there's no question that it's only a matter of time before he should be promoted fully (By summer 2020 tbh)