1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

U.S. woman kills English teenager and flees

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by packybhoy, Oct 7, 2019.

Discuss U.S. woman kills English teenager and flees in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Anne Socoolas a 42 year old mother of 3 from Virginia. Driving the wrong way and has a head on collision with a 19 year old lad on a motorcycle and kills him. Gets interviewed and tells cops she is not leaving the country. As a wife of a diplomat she has claimed diplomatic immunity and * off back to the states. Seems her husband is possibly a spy and she was driving off the U.S. communications base they were temporarily living on in England. * shocking. Poor kids parents are planning to go to the states to get the * back. Can’t see it happening. Selfish * was probably drunk or on meds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-49961679

[​IMG]

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Seen it on the news earlier..

Ridiculous how she can get away with that. A case of who you know strikes again..

They can try and try but she won't be doing any jail time for that..

Johniebhoy. and packybhoy like this.
  3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    She won’t see the inside of a Cop shop. But every news agency and political commentators seem to be out to shame her. All * but in this case she deserves everything coming her way.

Johniebhoy. and McChiellini.. like this.
  4. Johniebhoy.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Johnny thompson song
    An out and out * of a human being,probably a pillar of respectability in her locality.

packybhoy and Aidan O’Shea like this.
  5. M 67

Special relationship my *. If it were the other way round...

packybhoy likes this.
  6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Doesn’t make it right but I don’t blame her for doing that, anyone with the chance to avoid punishment would if they could.

7. PorchBhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It doesn't really make sense to provide diplomatic immunity to anyone. Feels much more like a blank check to do whatever or not be held to account for anything.

8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Well then that’s her conscious decision to make. She is raising 3 children herself and karma will reach her. I definitely know a 100% I would face the consequences of my actions but then maybe that’s my own problem there.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Noone should have any protection after committing a crime.
    She should be in jail.
    The diplomat she is married to should be banned from coming to UK for good or until that * is in a uk jail and serves time for her crime.

10. Onefootwonder

She shouldn't be above the law for something that isn't related to the duties of her husband.

It does add to the amount of incidents with foreigners driving on the wrong side of the road.

Should people really be able to fly to another country and jump into a car with zero understanding of how to drive in that country?

11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Aye when you put it down on paper it seems too easy to do. At least an aptitude test of some kind but most people who drive abroad would be against this.

12. Sydneysider

FFS !! Happens all the time. I read a paperback years ago detailing the worst Immunity outrages Worldwide, child *, child / women trafficking, rape, visa fraud all went unpunished and not even pursued..

Serious motoring offences were commonplace. They never pay parking or motoring fines, no Congestion charge for them either.

IIRC the UNs huge xxxxing useless "community" were the worst offenders.

There are about about 23000 people in the UK alone who can ( and do) claim it,

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  13. Sydneysider

Its not what you know... That obnoxious * Matthew Broderick admitted careless driving in NI in 2003.. Similar circs to this but WORSE, he killed a young woman and her mother in a high speed crash in Enniskillen and the wonderful Orange justice system gave him a 150 dollar fine.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Why didn't the police seize her passport at the time, just to ensure she never fled ?

15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Don’t think they can with diplomatic immunity.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  16. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Just listened to a former UK diplomat talking about this case and he doubts that the Americans will send her back due to the precedent that could set regarding diplomatic immunity. He reckons diplomats do need to have this as a form of protection when in certain countries.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Diplomatic immunity is meant to be a safeguard against state persecution, not a get out of jail free card for reckless driving that results in a young guy losing his life.

She's a mother herself and yet she can't put herself in the young lad's mothers shoes and give them some closure.

18. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    More like impunity, moreover the husband is not a diplomat but a spy - would seem a subtle difference but certainly should not be protected from manslaughter

packybhoy likes this.
  19. Onefootwonder

I had to Google it and got loads of different stories and dates.

It was 1987.

Somebody killed in an incident doesn't automatically mean jail. Going back to the 80s and 90s loads of things were just dismissed as accidents. Even some really serious incidents

It's more so in recent times they aren't even called accidents and some amount of effort is put in to investigate serious collisions. It's quite amazing the science can work out accurately what happened. Back then it was a guessing game.

Now these days people are held far more accountable for their driving, but there is still people who have killed others and not given time in jail.

The case you're talking about sounds like poor driving conditions and Matthew has partially ended up on the wrong side of the road. It was an 89bhp BMW 316 he was driving.

I don't know the full circumstances of this case either, but it's a really tough one. Obviously the family are going to be devastated at the loss of the young lad. They'll want and deserve answers.

From what I've read they drive around the base on the right side of the road. That's silly. She's then left the base and travelled 400 yards in the wrong lane before killing the guy.

She really should come back and face up to what she has done. I do see lots of people demanding she is sent to jail for a long time.

It's pretty much a certainly that the woman has made a driving error and didn't mean to hit the young guy.

I'm not fully convinced that sending a parent to jail for what was a basic error, with no malice or intent, is always the fitting punishment.

20. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

This seems to have been aimed at my post, while I clearly never said nor implied it was a get out of jail card (neither did the diplomat who was interviewed) the point he was making is if they waive the immunity, in this case, it sets a precedent. Now while the uk has obviously not set her up, she does indeed appear to have questions to answer to establish if it was reckless driving or not, that doesn't mean another state wouldn't set up a diplomat in this way, hence the reasoning for diplomatic immunity in the first place I guess.