1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ddub11

Had a few hours to take to today's results in and its still annoying as *,hopefully lenny can get us back to winning ways sooner rather than later.
    Been plenty of opinions on here and i think the one thing we can agree on is today amongst other things we were not able for the physical side of their game.

Have to say this was something which surprised me and i hope we can learn from it and be a bit more ready for a battle in the future,julien struggled a bit today and id love to see the fans give him a bit of vocal backing in games to come.

2. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    No doubt, the last couple of results were woeful, but...
    There's only 2 points in it right now, worrying for sure, but I'm not overly worried.

I have every faith that Lenny and the team will learn from these results and put it right.
    Christie for sure made a bad mistake, but he really needs folks to get behind him and show him some love.

He's not the first one to make an error of judgement and he certainly won't be the last.
    There's no-one that'll be feeling worse than him right now.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  3. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    When they all come back he has to sit them down and roast them for there attitude in our last two domestic games . I said it in the match thread it seems they think they have won the the game before it starts and its a shock that the opposition are in there faces from the off . The mentality has to change big time

Whoflungdung likes this.
  4. Belgian_lad

I cant believe that is a football pitch. Its ridiculous and shouldnt be allowed.

5. CountyDownFaithful

Yesterday will hopefully be a big wake up call.

We’ve enjoyed a good start to the season but the last two league results have brought us crashing back down to reality.

We are now behind the monkeys. We beat them comfortably but they’ve won all of their other games. There’s no point in beating them if we are going to drop ‘silly’ points to ANY team especially the worst Hibs team in decades. The red card made yesterday very difficult but we should still be securing at least a point in my opinion.

We cannot afford to drop any more points between now and Xmas. European football is massive for us but the league should be priority number 1. Lennon needs to find a balance between the two and make sure he can rotate the squad effectively and get results.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    People worrying about 2 points * me!

2011/12 we where 15 behind at this point and went top by new year!

their run of games has done them a massive favour not to mention a red card or 2 for the opposing team and a few penalties.

Lenny will be fine, few rockets and we will get back on it in the end of month and into November!

december is crucial for both teams our next 8 league matches anything less than 22 points is unacceptable and they * ain’t taking 24/24!

jimbobers likes this.
  7. john2061

The zombies were level with us last Xmas and after the January break they fell away to * so nothing to worry about at present and let them have their wee day at the top of the league as they will find out it's harder to stay there .

8. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

It's usually you who is * and * the bed the most on here :giggle1:

HoopyT and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  9. Jeffrey

Not being concerned falling behind they * is the attitude that gets ye beat. Dropping points happens but we should never accept it two games on the trot. It’s no panic stations but defo a wake up call. Would rather have lost during the week than in the league.

10. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hmmm I think your memory is obscuring the truth a bit here. By this time last season we had lost to hearts and Kilmarnock and drawn with st.mirren.

To a degree I get where your coming from with not panicking as soon as we go a goal down. But given Rodgers had dropped 8 points Vs Lennon's 6 points am quite happy for Lennon to keep approaching it with this direct style.

No need to panic here either, the EL takes its toll on every club involved, over the course of the season we will see our quality in depth drive a gap between us and that zombie cluster *...

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It’s October

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m concerned by the last two domestic results but I believe we’ll win the next few.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  13. Jeremie Frimpong

I agree with @CountyDownFaithful. We can't really afford to drop any more points between now and Christmas.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    See I am not minty.

vs Hibs they done * all the full game and got a deflected goal. We where denied 2 stonewall penalties and where up against a serious rearguard action.

vs livi we where lacklustre but going to 10 men * it. I said at the time would have taken 0-0 minute Christie got sent off.

we did look off the pace yesterday. More annoyed than concerned with yesterday.

need to be at these teams straight away minty. Early goal * these teams game plans!

Whoflungdung likes this.
  15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agreed 100% but they do have a seriously tough end November and December!

angusceltic67 and Whoflungdung like this.
  16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Ultimately we shouldn't have to be worrying about the Huns run of fixtures/results as we did the hard part beating them and creating a gap.

To let them go top a month later is disappointing but plenty of time to retake top spot.

Anymore dropped points is going to pile a lot of pressure on us though. We have to go on a winning run after the international break.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It would certainly be nice to win every game from now til then but I don't understand the logic in us not being able to afford to drop any more points.

We have 11 more league games til Christmas and various cup and European games to navigate to. A record of 19 played, 17 wins, 1 draw , 1 loss would be the 2nd most successful half-season ever (only beaten by 2016/17 invincible season) How can that be the barometer?

For what it's worth I think we will drop points between now and then, as will the huns. We will be top by the end of December. Bookmark this post.

18. Jeremie Frimpong

Why would I bookmark your post?

We cannot account for other clubs' results. I believe that we need to take maximum points in the league between now and the Glasgow Derby at Celtic Park. If the table changes in the interim, I may revise that belief.

Tim-Time 1888 and Valhalla like this.
  19. wulliebad

Or if they allow them they have to be of a much better standard,but i do understand why small clubs use them....few years back murderwells pitch was in a * of a state and there was loads of their games called off and it caused all sorts of trouble and that was grass.

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This is the start of * weather season, and we need to adapt our play style. This weather will hurt Rangers too, as they will try to play a better standard of football than Livingston.

Whoflungdung likes this.