1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Livingston v Celtic, Scottish Premiership, Sun 6th Oct, KO 12:00. Sky Sports Football.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Oct 1, 2019.

Discuss Livingston v Celtic, Scottish Premiership, Sun 6th Oct, KO 12:00. Sky Sports Football. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Can’t play anyone with 10 men. Gollum isn’t biased he’s inept,end of. They played well, harassing us for 90 minutes which some sides can’t, but they were allowed to push it to the limit by being niggly,to put it politely, by a * poor ref. * happens, move on. Huns will be our only rivals this year and it’s a long race not a sprint. :ynwacelti

Mickmac and NakamuraTastic like this.
  2. celtic warrior

Well, it could be worse.

We could all be Man Utd fans.

3. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Yeah lol! As I have a one month sky £10 pass, I thought I'd watch that. Man alive, they are awful. We'd easily beat them on a Europa night now! Livi in Europe? I'm not so sure lol!

4. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Shocking surprised ole still there , some results today, apparently guy on sky sports said if you’d stuck a £10 treble on Livingston, wolves and Newcastle you’d be 24grand richer by now,as if you would though

I noticed 4 of our next 5 league games are at home to Ross county, Livingston Motherwell And st Mirren hopefully get us back on track with the sheep in between

5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    They must have 4 away fixtures, hopefully gets them slipping up early ko away after Europa league tie and it’s our turn

6. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree with the long race part mate but saying you can’t play anyone with 10 men

We’ve won many times with 10 men, won League’s with 10 men, beat the Huns at ibrox with 10 men for most of second half 17/18

No saying it’s easy but a better effort than we put in with 11 and 10 today would be expected

7. Renfrew_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail! Hail!
    Aye, no point losing the plot, it's only the EPL that's a foregone conclusion..no league bar that one is ever won in October. No doubt there will be a LOT of noise from that side of the city now, so we can enjoy Comedy Central until our next game the whole thing reminds me of an old Sinatra song( but I changed da lyrics): "That's life, that's life, that's what all the people say, They're riding high in October...but we'll have em SHOT down come May HH

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  9. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    3 games, 270 Minutes + Injury Time, 0 Goals, 0 Wins

This record against Gary Holt's Livingston is ridiculous and unacceptable.

Todays performance was unacceptable and not good enough

Artorias and sidepocket like this.
  10. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

we struggle away against tight wee teams like ross county livingston far too much over the years

they play hard park the bus and our players dont seem to fancy it

it is frustrating though that even with a big squad that we usually have we always seem to end up playing the same eleven game after game, i understand it but i also think why pay to have all these players if your not going to play them

11. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The pitch excuse is a nonsense, we train on 4G and like someone else said, every team in the league will play there at some point.

The European hangover is a load of * too, we were playing at home, not a lot of travelling involved besides out squad is big enough to rotate - which is something Lennon's not utilising properly.

Blaming Willie Gollum is daft too, aye he's a * ref, but was definitely a red.

Livingston didn't park the bus either, they went to to toe with us and deserved their win. Gary Holt's never lost to Lennon so perhaps he's just got him sussed.

I reckon winning the Europa League game mid-week has taken the pressure off a bit, but definitely need to smarten up domestically

tarboltontim and y_n_w_a like this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

This post is nonsense, a load of * and a bit daft.

Mickmac likes this.
  13. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    As opposed to your insightful reply that was expressed with intelligence and originality.

Do you feel really superior now?

Rude *.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Thought it was a fairly accurate post tbf

15. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    • Diving
    • And the referee was outae order

16. celts67

If I could back and make 3 changes man El Hamed over Bauyer Rogic over Christie and a fit MJ instead of Elyounssi but can't fault Lennon man .

17. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    A lot of lessons to be learned today by new players.Lennon will analyse that and get them mentally focussed.
    The performance was disappointing,but there will be points dropped by them and us over the season...we have a much better squad.Im confident we will go again.There have been many close league campaigns I've seen in my time,our squad and manager will succeed.Supporters have to keep going through the bad patches....HAIL HAIL

Mickmac and paulie67 like this.
  18. angusceltic67

I agree, we will drop points this season so will they, guaranteed.

This lge will be won or lost on the derby games and in that respect we are still in pole position given that we have won the first away fixture and have two home fixtures remaining, get 9 points off of them this season and the rest will take care of itself IMO.

Mickmac and Hope N Ur Heart like this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You've just slated other people's opinions without actually looking at them and addressing the points they made.

The pitch was a factor yesterday. It is easily the worst in the league. It's no coincidence that their home record is far superior to their away record, they train on it 5 days a week, it's telling that they don't try to play passing football on it, they launch it long and hope for an unpredictable bounce that causes an option mistake. Celtic's 4G surface at Lennoxtown is far superior, I've stood on both.

That said, we knew what the surface was like, Lennon referenced it pre-match, our team to combat it wasn't right but it's still a factor.

Willie Collum also had a bearing on the game. The red card wasn't his only involvement. He allowed Livingston to kick, shove and pull any time they wanted to. Including twice in their own penalty box as the ball was in the air. Should we be good enough to overcome pish officiating? Aye but it's still a factor. He referees us differently than he does the opposition. Look at the Pittodrie game last season for another example.

I agree with you on the squad rotation part, I think McGregor should've had a rest sooner than this and I think yesterday's team wasn't the most effective we could've put out to combat the factors above.

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Didnt see it yesterday but can take a guess at how it was.

Terrible result but a long way to go and we need to bounce back after the break. Good game to come back to when the Huns have a game away against a Hearts team who could really do with a win and a statement - so you never know.

Some big overreactions across the board, but granted our record against Livingston is unacceptable really.

Mickmac and StPauli1916 like this.