1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Livingston v Celtic, Scottish Premiership, Sun 6th Oct, KO 12:00. Sky Sports Football.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Oct 1, 2019.

Discuss Livingston v Celtic, Scottish Premiership, Sun 6th Oct, KO 12:00. Sky Sports Football. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Hibs did exactly the same to us. Harried us while parking the bus in the penalty area. It's pretty hard to score a goal with ten players in the box. Ironically, we play better against better teams so I think we'll do the blue mob by 2 or 3 when they come. We just need a way of breaking down these park the bus teams. Still a * result but a long way to go still.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  2. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Didn't see the game ( worse for wear after last night …. never again ! ) * happens , at least we have plenty of time to right the last week .

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  3. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Well at this stage last season there was absolute panic which wasn’t exactly warranted. The major difference is that the likes of myself knew that Hearts were never realistically going to keep it up last year (no it wasn’t “Birthday caird pish”)

The Huns were 6th at this stage last year. They actually look half decent this year so it becomes problematic because they look unlikely to drop points regularly.

Being 2 points behind the Huns at this stage is far more concerning than being 3 points behind Hearts last season, for me.

bhoy81 likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I know that, that’s what I was getting at in my previous post.

Random Review likes this.
  5. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Lots here have been spoilt and happy with no realistic challenge for the last 9 years. Bring it on, should keep players on there toes, fans on there toes, like yesteryear. I can see some have thrown toys out the pram, whereas those who rememeber nearly a decade ago always knew it was like this every season with it sometimes going to the wire. We will still prevail but certainly makes it more exciting.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I remember Martin O’Neill going to East End Park when they had AstroTurf and the ball was hardly on the deck and won 4 nil. Thing is we need to adapt to these * pitches because they aren’t going away as these teams know it’s the leveller.

7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I know what you're saying; but we had some * off big strong players back then. No team wanted a battle against us, because they knew they would lose.

Though not as extreme, even Lenny's first stint we had the biggest and strongest team in the league.

The current squad... Not so much.

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Add Man City v wolves to that

StPauli1916 likes this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Definitely.

Trying to bring the ball down to play football on that monstrosity when you have a ref letting every shove, kick and push going is never going to work.

Get the ball up, win the 2nd ball, go from there.

Gyp Rosetti and Artorias like this.
  10. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Unstuck .....I'd fire it into the depths of * if I could :mad:

11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We should still have the personnel to adapt our play and see off Livingston mate, If we can’t we may aswell chuck it imo.

Random Review likes this.
  12. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I remember even the invincible season- playing Hamilton plastic pitch - mcgregor got sent off early doors- we still went on and romped it 3-0 with 10 men Armstrong and dembele

Total agree on a plastic narrow pitch playing wide wingers doesn’t work

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Mate it’s the fact that we have played them 3 times recently and one of they games was at Celtic park and not only have we failed to win any of they matches we haven’t even scored 1 goal against them

That’s poor against a team of that calibre

Keano88 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

On reflection it's a horrible place to go and play, we saw that last season and it'll be the same again this year. That Livi side will cause us and them problems when we have to go there - no doubt. Small pitch, poor surface and a physical, prganised team.

Already this season we've had to go to Motherwell, Rangers, Hibs & Livingston. I may be wrong, but I don't think we won at any of those grounds in the League last season? Throw in the Accies game and that's 5 away matches in our first 8 games - and 4 tricky away matches included in that.

We don't need to panic, but at the same time it needs to be better. The way we've played against Hibs & Livi played into their hands, so we really need to be sticking to what the players are good at.

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye that’s a fair point.

16. celtic warrior

What a * Sunday.

Rydo1888*, bagforlife and Artorias like this.
  17. joemc

As said ,we need to get it out our heads that teams will not go for their scalp like they would ours , dont fear the challenge ,love it , make the most of early moments in games ,be smart all over the pitch , we were being tackled bullied ,held off ,go down under these challenges .

18. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Christ what a nightmare. :31:

I'm not buying the pitch excuse, we just played jobbies. I honestly can't think of anyone that takes pass marks today.

I include the manager in that. He's took all the love being dished out to him the last month, so he needs to take the responsibility today. Honestly, somebody * explain that Forrest / Bayo substitution to me? Take off the guy with most assists in the league?

Why not just take Bauer off for N'Tcham and go back 3 with Ajer on the right?

Doesn't help that Bayo is * as well.

Pass the whisky ...

19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I know mate even worse a just tuned in to see huns score 4-0 and aw they mutant zombies dancing and singing to beautiful Sunday- * boke material should show that to the Celtic players

buchanbhoy likes this.
  20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Cuntz actually saying will Hamilton and Aberdeen do us a favour- the huns are pumping they teams at home now- last few years we weren’t giving a fuvk about their games and the fact that 4 weeks after destroying them at ibrox we even have to be mentioning that is a bad joke