1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Another thing is our centre midfield is a serious concern.

2. annieroos83

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Looked like he was building up to - or fresh from - having a yelling fit.

3. Keano88

Definitely.

No doubt they’ll drop points and so will we.

But as we speak we’ve dropped points twice against diddy teams and they haven’t.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We've let them right back in to it..

100% gonna be a real title challenge now and likely gonna have to start chasing them after today..

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  5. Pogues

I know where your coming from but, for me, the red card absolutely changed the game. Sometimes you need to win the battle before you can play the football and I just don't see Sinclair doing that. I'm not saying Lennon is blameless, needed to rest some players and start with fresh legs and players prepared to battle. Forrest hid today imo.

6. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

A real title challenge has always been on the cards this season

Mr Shelby likes this.
  7. john2061

Celtic seem to be doing what the zombies did last year dropping points against the smaller teams and needs to stop now or we could be in trouble as we keep expect the zombies to drop points and it's not happened yet .
    So maybe the break might be a good thing and get the players a bit refreshed and Lenny needs to rest McGregor .

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Good when the manager of your football team says they ran out of ideas. Against Livingston.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    4 points gap and mental goal difference has been wiped out but if we maintained that kinda cushion in to December...the fixtures are kind to us and very difficult for them. We would've had a real chance to pull right away from them before the winter break..

Doubtful that will happen now. Think we'll be top then.....but only just..

10. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

On any other pitch I'd agree, but Livingston's is a nightmare.

Really hope that artificial pitches are banned soon. They gain a ridiculous advantage from other teams not being able to play the ball on the deck.

Pogues and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

Do we not have something like 8 games to play in December????

Dropping 5 points in successive weeks to inferior opponents is * poor, and Lennon and co must take as much blame for that as they do credit for wins.

I get the argument for playing the same team that won against Cluj, but we weren't playing Cluj ffs, we were going to a tight compact plastic pitch in the middle of Livingston in the pishing rain on a Sunday to play a team of tight compact lessers.

Fair play to them, they play to their strengths - but that's when the management have to use their brains and say - "Hey, this isn't a pitch or a team that we can play fast fancy football, we need to mix it up with them and play with a bit of directiveness and physicality"

But naw....

:s:

12. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Really disappointing day, but i guess you can't blame him for Christie's ridiculous challenge, i think we win that if it stays 11 v 11. We really can't afford to drop any more points until we face them, hayes is a good sub when we're winning but the complete wrong player to bring on when we're losing. Really hope we see Johnston back after the break

13. ddub11

We can win without performing well.

14. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    They have looked like dropping points - injury time goal against Killie and 1-0 St Mirren with free-kick goal. Also lucky to beat Livie 1-0 in LC. They'll drop points when they have to play the same away games we've been having lately.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    OK so in how many of those games where we were scoring 3/4 goals a game did you not think we played well ?

16. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    * in the wind with posts like that on here mate. No sense of perspective whatsoever from too many.

Mickmac likes this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye mate December us usually brutal but we've most of our hardest game's at home, including the Huns..

They've got at least 3 tough away fixtures in that month I think..

Aye it's even more baffling when we didn't make our subs til late on Thursday night...if we were just gonna go with the same side today..

Should've packed the midfield and played tighter. The sheep do exactly the same at their's and usually get a scrappy win in doing so..

I hate them. Knew it was gonna be a slog and we weren't up for it, and they were. It's that simple. Can't knock them at all for how they play....even though the pitch is a disgrace..

Scunnered with that today. Now have to wait it out a couple week's second going in to the international break..

18. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Some of his decisions confuse me. He will rearrange the team, having players out of position, to squeeze N'tcham into the team, but he won't rest McGregor or Brown to play him. For me McGregor hasn't been at his best recently and will be going off on international duty, no doubt to be played in both games, so why not rest him today ad start N'tcham?

19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    There's no doubt the huns have had the easier games so far. We've faced them away, Motherwell, Livingston, Hibs, Hamilton, and a tough game at home to Killie after an away game in europe, only tough games they've had is us and Kilmarnock.

Facing hibs and Livingston away back to back, with a european game wedged inbetween, is ridiculous, doesn't make the points we've dropped ok or anything but it's poor.

Mickmac likes this.
  20. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I know it sounds 'paranoid' but you get the impression the fixtures are set up to give them a good start to the season. It was actually the same last year. Just means they'll have a tough 2nd lot of fixtures.