1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Livingston v Celtic, Scottish Premiership, Sun 6th Oct, KO 12:00. Sky Sports Football.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Oct 1, 2019.

Discuss Livingston v Celtic, Scottish Premiership, Sun 6th Oct, KO 12:00. Sky Sports Football. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. y_n_w_a

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Paul McStay,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y N W A
    That was the nail in the coffin for me! I'd love to bop him on the nose

Harry Caray likes this.
  2. StevieBhoooy!

Pity Livingston haven’t actually got any fans to celebrate their historic win!

Rydo1888* likes this.
  3. dmac

Elbow on Jullian in the box could have been a penalty lunging tackle should have been a red lots of bad refereeing decisions today but the team don't seem to be able to cope with teams that are over physical and press high gave them 2goals first one no one is marking the guy that scores 2nd one keeper should either be out clearing it or stay in his line does neither bad day move on for the team and for *'s sake learn from this or there will be no 9iar

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Stop messaging me and let me get on with it then.

I just love it when we lose, so I do.

5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Thing was aswell, after our performance on Thursday and they cuntz losing last minute against young boys, they were starting to get frustrated again, get on tqverniers back for his defending, getting on Gerrard s back for making him captain

After our result today and tav bangs home 3 penalties , he’s captain marvel again

Our attitude from kick off was stinking

270 minutes against a team of limited ability who got promoted through a play off last year

Home and away and we can’t score once against them

That’s * shocking

6. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Ye but being at least two clear today having had our fixtures and theirs would have seriously have left us a bit of room to heap the pressure on them .

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

7. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Jesus Christ that was *. Even before Christie inexplicably gets himself sent off, we just didn't look at the races.

So similar to last week because once again we let ourselves get dragged into a scrap and it just doesn't suit us. We're a side packed with players who want to get on the ball and control the game, because that is their strength. We shouldn't be getting dragged into a battle like this.
    We spent so much of the match just pumping long balls from back-to-front but that's exactly what teams like Livi want us to do! Even with the likes of Bayo, Edouard, Jullien and Ajer we didn't really look dangerous from crosses. We were at our most threatening when we got it into Edouard's feet, or when Elyounoussi was able to run at a full-back.

For their first goal we fail to close down two players in the build up and allow them free passes, as well as not tracking the runner. Jullien loses Dykes for their second and Ajer has drifted way out of position so can't cover him.

The style of play under Rodgers was too slow and ponderous at times - I get that and I understand why Lennon wasn't so keen on it - but we can't be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. If we get a hold of the ball and start to control things we can pin teams back and put real pressure on them. Instead, in our last two away games, we've panicked when we've gone behind and then the game becomes about winning aerial battles and competing for second balls.

Has to be better from the manager and the players.

8. Jeffrey

We don’t need to be doing it every week then no

Callum McGregor likes this.
  9. Liam Fraser

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Hope so.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. Keano88

I don’t think anyone thinks that tbh.

It’s just a bit concerning we’ve now dropped 5 points against Hibs and Livingston whilst they’ve only dropped points to a superior team in us.

They’ll drop more points and so will we if we perform like that away from home.

Random Review likes this.
  11. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    * sorry I forgot Zombies do not eat Fruit!:56:

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Bullshit

Mickmac and paulie67 like this.
  13. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Only saw the first 20 minutes which was pretty brutal. Normally I'm the first on moaning but I wasn't even that bothered about drawing with Hibs, still think we will win the league but it is a worry to drop 5 points against 2 honking teams in consecutive weeks. No point pumping the huns in their own midden then going and doing that. Folk are right to moan.

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Too many thinking they can stroll it.

Still basking in Thursday night's glory thinking about what cool pictures they can fire on their Instagram after today. Not realising that we have a game to win against a dogged in your face awkward gang.

If you want to play in Europe you have to win these games first. Exaggeration I know. I'm * raging at Ajer and Jullien today. They got in their heads. And decision making was *, all over the shop. Even Broony was ragdolled.

Shambles of a display.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I've been in * for ages pal. I got a tent in * and I'm happy as Larry.

I won't lose my * over a defeat.

Every single one of you hysterical fannies were saying the same * last season at this time and what happened?

Honest to * you should take a mouthful of my *, at least then we won't have to listen to you.

16. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Folk cannot blame the pitch, red card, ref or anything else.

Celtic Football Club should be able to field any set of players to win any domestic game, home or away, regardless of circumstance or opposition.

We could buy every single Livingston youth and senior player, all their coaches, physios, doctors, club secretary staff, all their stewards, pay all their policing costs, buy their stadium, car park and training ground and still have more than 50 million * quid left.

Utter utter disgrace.

Account Deactivated likes this.
  17. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Gads.

After Thursdays game NL should have rested players. Particularly Christie as he covered every blade of grass on thur.
    Ajer was bullied by dykes all day. Shocker.
    We just handed momentum to they shower of * *.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    * was that . Got bullied from the first minute sometimes think the players think all they have to do is turn up and we win . Even with 11 we were rubbish we need to sort out our mentality for these away games thats 2 on the trot against teams who have been in poor form and we havnt turned up

19. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    agreed

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    More player rotation is needed after European games. Even the best players get tired.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.