1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. joemc

We seemed to lose the midfield and they passed through us too many times ,this was down to taking Christie out of a central role ,it affected out pressing too and took the aggression out our attacks ,we snatched at some very good chances because the team obviously felt the pressure to keep 100% record intact and this didnt help ,this was defo a game for griff to make the difference ,unfortunately he is not available .

JC Anton likes this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Whilst I agree about Christie, Griff struggles to make a difference v Hibs.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  3. joemc

Was really referring to the fact he would pop up with a game winning goal when needed and we are missing having another threat like him , he is a big loss to the team no matter how well we are doing ,he is still the best striker of a ball in our team .

thailandceltic likes this.
  4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

We have loads of players that can pop up with a game winning goal. Unfortunately the referee prevented that yesterday.

5. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We seem to be playing with a holding mid (Brown), a box to box mid (McG) and an attacking mid (Christie) this year as opposed to 2 defensive mids and 1 attacking under Rodgers. I like this formation but I wonder if switching Christie to the box to box mid and putting McG further forward to where he used to play and get in the box more etc would work as Christie has more pace and workrate than McG but McG maybe has a bit more guile than Christie in and around the box.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: We have to try and maximise the home advantage. I’m looking forward to a European night under the lights again. It’ll be a big atmosphere in front of a big crowd and I hope the players connect with that and respond to it.

NL: "We know it’s a game that got away from us and there’s always an opportunity in football to right a wrong. We’ve started the group well and it’s important to take the home advantage when we can.

NL: "We can use the last game as motivation but it’s important the players don’t get too over emotional. All in all it’s going to be a tough game but one we’re ready for

NL: "We’ve been on a good run since then and have more or less won every game. I’m delighted by the reaction, style of play and the motivation the players have.

NL: "We need to start better than we did last time. We weren’t up to our usual standards and we need to address that

NL: "Mikey has trained the last couple of days but may be a doubt to be in the squad. Nir should be okay. Leigh isn’t up to speed yet either so he’ll miss out. We’re waiting to see how Tom is

paulie67 likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Jeremie Frimpong

Fantastic performance and result tonight. Lennon and the team deserve huge credit.

Exciting start to our Europa League campaign.

9. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Lenny got everything spot on

Sweet sweet revenge :57:

10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    * love Lennon. Never doubted him for a second.

The football we’re playing just now is excellent.

Mickmac, Gabriel, Derrybhoy1 and 7 others like this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I * love the man.

12. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He has made some fantastic signings and it showed tonight. Some great experienced players brought in and they're making a big difference. Defence looked far better, the midfield of Brown, McGregor and Christie was full of energy and Edouard is becoming the complete centre forward.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

We are a joy to watch right now. The team is chock full of proper football players.

The difference between Cluj qualifier and tonight was night and day. Additional players brought in, team bedding in, far more street-wise and assured, solid at the back and causing problems every time we go forward.

14. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Lennybhoy... you have them playing the "Celtic way". :50::50:
    Great management... and performance from the whole team tonight.

Thankyou Lenny.

HH. :ynwacelti

Mickmac, Rydo1888* and Seán Mac D like this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Always bounce back. To be honest we haven't really needed to do that much to be fair though..

Excellent going forward. Solid at the back. Really good to watch and didn't see any opposition player's laughing and smiling facing the main stand pre match tonight!.

Was * off the weekend but there's no question we're moving in a positive direction. This side is still in it's relative infancy. This team will only keep getting better and better..

The depth as mentioned. It's night and day..

angusceltic67 and Mickmac like this.
  16. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Got the line up spot on tonight. No messing about trying to shoehorn players in, just played the best players available in their best positions. More of that please Lenny.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: It was very exciting. We wanted a strong performance from the team and we got more than that.

NL: "We should have won by more. From one to eleven we were excellent."

NL: "I think there is more to come from this side. I'm delighted for the supporters to enjoy the game which was exciting and we created a lot of chances.

NL: "Brown, McGregor and Elyounoussi were outstanding. Edouard was doing things no other players can do, but as a unit we were very strong.

NL: "It's very tight in the group but from the performances we've had in the two games, we can look forward to the rest of the group.

NL: "It wasn't about revenge or anything like that for us. It was about playing well and winning the game."

NL: "We've got a good depth to this squad. The starting eleven were outstanding and we had a lot of quality on the bench

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Never a better time to come out, than after a great European result, i wish yersel and Lenny awe the best ! :giggle2: :yeah:

19. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Brilliant Lenny.

Kinda got * off at the lack of subs when they had a good period but I'll let that slide :giggle1:, great result

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member