1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Oh my fukin welt has just hit the floor.

* off Charlie ya attention seeking *.

Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Nah. Fannies have more depth.

Artorias and Liam Scales like this.
  3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Who gives a * how he celebrates, he’s a French kid playing for a Scottish club hardly gonna go nuts after every goal. Nicholas talks utter * at times.

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    At least you and Charlie have something in common!

Luis1967 likes this.
  5. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    what is it with these ex-players constantly talking * about us like they want us to fail.

Nicholas has done it for years. Davie Provan is another one and also Craig Burley. Its like they've got a chip on their shoulder to do with the club for some reason.

And as for Nicholas its us who should be bitter at him no the other way around. * off as soon as a club waved money at him then coming crawling back to us in the mid-nineties cause he'd nowhere else to go. That was ridiculous our board at the time sanctioning those signings. Bringing back these has-beens and letting them * about ticking the time down to their retirement. I.e Nicholas, McAvennie and Andy Walker.

Rydo1888* and Gully Sands like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Dziekanowski88 Thig Ar Latha

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jacki Dziekanowski
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Make no mistake about it edouard has the makings of a better player than dembele at lyon.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I think that sums it up perfectly...nuff said

Rydo1888* likes this.
  9. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Frankie Bhoy is a true Tim and Charlie is a chump whose celebrations were champagne fuelled but Walker has totally lowered the bar of disloyalty for a weekly bowl of soup and should be banned from getting anywhere near Celtic Park,

I have actually been enjoying our old school celebrations this season, not that a spontaneous somersault isn't fun now and again but sometimes watching football it looks like players have been practising their celebration more than their finishing.

Man, I sound like my Celtic Da :56: :ynwacelti

10. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Huns keep bumping their gums about Morelols being in same class as French Eddy.

Morelols gets goals no doubt about that. However i am really struggling to think of any open goals, total sitters or Must Score opportunities that Eddy has missed - i am sure there are a few but there wont be a 10 minute highlight reel on YouTube

Then you think about Morelols and realize you could make the same 10 minute clip of his misses just in the games against us

Wee Fat Boy misses some amount of chances. This is where class will always tell,, Eddy has class while Morelols has none

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTTISH football history is littered with players whose comparisons to world-class stars has acted like a millstone around their necks. Stevie Fulton never quite reached the level of Roberto Baggio. John Fleck may have made the English Premier League, but he won’t leave as indelible a mark on the division as Wayne Rooney did.

So, it is always wise to treat such predictions of potential greatness with a pinch of salt. But when Christopher Jullien contemplated whether his teammate Odsonne Edouard could reach the level of Kylian Mbappe, he was serious about the prospect.

It’s not that the players are similar in style, with Edouard lacking the electric pace that marked Mbappe out as a genuine superstar in his mid-teens, but Jullien believes that his complete skill-set marks him out as someone who is destined for the very top.

When asked if Edouard could reach the same sort of level as Mbappe, Jullien said: “I think so, yes. “I’ve played against a lot of strikers and I have definitely not met many who are complete like Odsonne.

“He is quick, skilful and powerful. Sometimes there are really powerful players who are not so skilful. he is a complete striker and he can compete against a lot of strikers.

“He is a striker who can really do anything. He is really good with the ball, he has improved his ability to keep the ball in front of the defender, he is stronger and that is really good for us.

“He is on his way to being, for me, the bets striker in our league. He is going to show that in European games too.

“Sometimes when you are a defender the striker is always with you but Odsonne can go everywhere. He can drop deep, play a little bit with the midfielders and sometimes have contact with them. As a defender it can be hard when the striker is getting away from you, it’s like he disappears from you.

“Then he might come back, dribbling from another part of the field. It’s a really difficult.”

Perhaps the more obvious comparison to draw against Edouard is between that and his predecessor at Celtic, Moussa Dembele.

“I played against Dembele last season,” he said. “They are different. Dembele is more a real No.9.

“I think Odsonne can be that No.9 who can just move everywhere. That is so good for our team because we have a lot of players who play with the ball.

“He is different to Dembele, but they are both unbelievable.”

12. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

I wasnt suggesting that the Frankie Bhoy wasnt a true Tim. I was just saying we should never have re-signed him when we did - half way through the nineties. Thats how embaressingly bad we were run as a club in those days. He had just escaped a court case to do with drugs, no one else in England wanted him and he was about to sign for Partick Thistle when our brilliant board offered him a contract.

That was their tactics they seemed to think that by re-signing players that had played when we actually won trophies, that they would make us win trophies again. Forgetting that these players were now washed up and only wanted to tick the time down to retirement.

tarboltontim, Tommy25 and Lilac Wine like this.
  13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sorry, I guess I just seen the first line of your post and didn't realise you weren't saying Frankie was talking * about us although you shouldn't have dragged him into a post about ex players being * :giggle1:

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  15. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I want to adopt him and just sit him at my window for all to see.

16. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s changed. Less a laid back cool as a cucumber type. We’re now seeing a guy with determination, drive and a personality shining through on the park. He looks like he’s got some serious fight and desire, showing some attitude.

I guess Lenny’s fire is catching French Eddy.

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  18. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    His link up play was * incredible tonight.