1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Greta Thunberg

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Sep 30, 2019.

Discuss Greta Thunberg in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Momo Sylla

That yacht was made from carbon fibre so the whole stunt was a complete contradiction. If you've seen her off script she has no idea what she's talking about.

Her parents and I'm pretty sure grandparents are activists. This is a depressive child with OCD and is autistic. It's pretty obvious that they have played up to her fears and her climate obsession is probably a result of the OCD.

I feel sorry for her. Her parents should be protecting her not essentially breaking her through anxiety.

This whole alarmist nonsense has led to children developing eco anxiety. Yes we have a serious problem but telling young impressionable children they're going to be dead in 12 years isn't helpful.

2. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I don’t believe the * buys into his own *. He just loves lobbing grenades.:giggle1:

Sean Daleer, Seán Mac D and JC Anton like this.
  3. Bonobhoy

I got to admit the whole Climate Change debacle over the last year is unreal.

Dont want to get into too much as i can see many people are taking it to heart,IMO though its irreversible now anyways regardless of what we do and bringing in stuff like Electric cars and Solar panels aint gonna do that much.

As George Carlin stated....The human race is just a batter of an eylid in the time we have been here,the earth has cleansed itself before and will do again once we are gone. We dont deserve to conquer another planet and infest it the way we have done this one.

As for Greta,not my cup of tea,i can see what shes attempting to do/say.....But why for instance wasnt it Climate Change Scientists up on that podium? rather than a 16 year old girl? Why all of a sudden does this girl have the "save the world" on her shoulders now?

Is she doing a good thing? Ye probably.
    Is she a saviour of mankind? No
    Does she have good points? Yes
    Does she have bad points? Yes

I just feel as if this is another social media movement whereas if you dont believe in it your some kind of Anti-Christ.

Feminism Movement a few months back,then Gun Crime Movement/ Brexit movement Yes/No campaign.....and then the Anti Trump movement.....Each month its something different.

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye mate, he’s been doing it for years....:giggle1: place wouldn’t be the same right enough,.

Sean Daleer and packybhoy like this.
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    All valid points that is good for debate. You could get 50 different people and all will have varying accounts on what they think.

6. celtic warrior

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You wid what?

8. celtic warrior

A wid, believe anything.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Your second paragraph there. That's not a great attitude to take.

Partly why weve let it get as bad as well is that sort of mindset.

Not saying I entirely disagree...but maybe I'm bias because renewable energy gives me my living! We have to at least try and make a change.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You can see the agenda a mile off. Poor kid with autism being used by her parents and shady individuals to further their cause.

As if someone on the spectrum cannot make up their own mind.

Some of you need to have a word with yourselves.

Funny thing is, this sick manipulated child would run rings round the lot of us in a debate on this subject.

That's why it's easier to discredit her and patronise her rather than engage in dialogue.

King of Kings and Marty McFly like this.
  11. Bonobhoy

The Irreversible part with electric cars and solar panels?

Depends of how much all these climate changers want to take it seriously? Electric cars also have batteries containing harmful substances.

What i cant grasp is that a majority of these people are watching this girl on laptops/mobile phones/Tv's,flying to see her at conventions etc etc......They want to save the world,but use current technology to do it?

Greta herself has used this technology that contains harmful substances,im pretty sure shes sprayed deodoarant in her lifetime and used public transport.

She went to the states in a carbon boat to which the rest of her crew flew to (her own crew) and incidentaly how she getting back home?

If climate changers really want to save the planet...start at home first ffs.

I dont disagree with what they are doing,if it works for them then fine.

The minute the planet was formed it was doomed either way,you can plug us all into solar panels...at the end of the day,the planet is * whether you like it or not

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I can see why people find her annoying and obnoxious. The abuse she takes, usually aimed at her looks, is disgraceful though. She’s a 16 year old girl and her message is absolutely correct. People can talk about her not being an expert in any field, and that is true, but if this was a 60 year old, grey-haired scientist conveying the same message then nobody would even notice.

Good lass. It’s ironic that so many of the people having a go at her or probably also be very quick to slate her generation for being social media obsessed narcissists.

13. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Do you not think that all those things highlighted like Carbon footprint and emissions are always the main topic on the agenda? Very rare to hear nuclear testing at the head of debate.

14. Bonobhoy

Totally agree.

Listen im not going to pretend i know everything about this,i dont and as someone stated earlier,Greta would wipe the floor with me on this no problem.

Im just trying to debate the fact (in other forums btw) that these people really want to stop this to near immediate effect,then we would need to go back to the dark ages for that to happen.....Buy people are what they are,we will use cars to drive,we will watch Peaky blinders on Netflix via Wifi and we will continue to test Nukes in underground caves.

I just dont think we can do anything that will drastically change the outcome here,humans are to involved with their technology/weapons etc.

15. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    It's mental the amount of idiotic pish that goes through some people's heads, just because their pea-sized brains can't process a few simple scientific facts.

It's as if just the phrase "climate change" Is too difficult for you to comprehend, so you've had to make up your own definition for it just so you could get angry about it.

Imagine fuming at Greta Thunberg for being intelligent enough to research climate change and give talks on it, meanwhile you're babbling about Netflix and underground nukes and calling anyone who can formulate a sensible opinion on the subject a "climate changer".

You don't need to come up with a name for people who understand the climate change crisis. It's a scientific fact, It's been proven. It's the * that don't believe in it that need a name. The same as * that think vaccines are harmful. Idiots, morons, something like that.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

She's an annoying wee *, and I couldn't give a * about global warming.

I drive a diesel car and don't use energy saving lightbulbs.

If the wee * has got something to say about it, I'll boot the autism right oota her....

Bonobhoy and packybhoy like this.
  17. Bonobhoy

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!

Im sorry i was under the impression aerosols,Wifi signals, testing Nukes (of which i was answering the above topic) all do damage to the environment?

No?

My bad.

Who said i was fuming with her? I stated shes not my cup of tea....why isnt a scientist up on that podium with facts and figures rather that a teenage girl reading from a script?

18. Bonobhoy

* the way this is going im gonna have to join the clan and start posting rebel song vids to get likes.

And btw do you think our nearest star is going to give a * about us throwing * in the ocean......When the planet was created our fate was inevitable,either way.

We are dead.

And before the mob come back in....i throw my rubbish in the 4 bins available to my disposal....aint my problem where it heads after that.

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    :56:

20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    It's been done already. Doesn't work. :39:

Bonobhoy likes this.