1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Phew, I was starting to think I was the only one who seen him do that :giggle1:

So if that had been moreloss you would be interpreting it as favourably then aye..

2. Keano88

No?

3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I can assure you it was. Someone more tech savvy than me might be able to show you the recording.

4. Keano88

You’re right actually.

Just watched it again slowed down and he does connect with the boys chin on the final push.

Probably would have been off with VAR in that case. Although, I still wouldn’t be sending a player off for it personally :50:

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It would have been harsh, but ultimately it was stupid, giving the ref a decision to make. Thought a yellow was right.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

It gives the ref the opportunity to send him was my main point.:50:

Keano88 likes this.
  7. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Aye there was an angle on bt sport on Saturday that showed it clearly but can’t seem to find it anywhere else online. I agree with you yellow is enough

8. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Is it possible that a guy called Kevin Clancy could be a HUN ? if so someone took the wrong turn somewhere along the way!

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He is mate aye.

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    If we were cruising at 3-0 they penalties would have been given.

Funny that the huns seem to get a ref with supervision anytime they go down in the box(or outside it ala last season), yet we get birdbox refs in our games.

11. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I accept that we will drop points in a game that we might dominate or if we had a lot if injuries etc, but i would have expected it from a team of the ilk of an Aberdeen, Motherwell.

The bottom line is that Hibs are brutal atm and we couldnt have played them at a better time. If this season didnt go as planned, which im bot saying will happen, that result would be one that stuck out as a bad two points dropped.

It seems there are a few siding on the “these results happen” which is cool. Im just being a bit more objective and will agree to disagree.

12. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    That's fair enough if that's what you expect, however it is not how it works in any league so it doesn't really matter. We should have won, however we should win every league game but that is not going to happen and the chances of us dropping points to Hibs as opposed to Aberdeen or Motherwell are far more likely than you seem to think.

13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Well quite clearly it does matter because we need points to stay top of the league and if a few more results of these kinds of results crept in, it would be an issue. The league will be closer this season than it was last season.

If Liverpool went away to Newcastle and missed two pens and dominated the game, yet still drew, it would be looked upon as a game they should have won and a bad two points dropped.

I stand by my point, it was a poor two points to drop against a woeful hibs side who will continue to struggle this season and will most likely sack their manager.

tarboltontim likes this.
  14. StevieBhoooy!

Anyone who thinks that VAR will bring any clarity or honesty to the refereeing of our games is as deluded as those who think there is no evidence of bias In the first place...

The EPL (and elsewhere) is showing it to have flaws when implemented without agenda.

Can you imagine the SFA version?

Three former grade 1 referees sat in a wee van wearing aprons and sashes trying to agree on penalties for / not for Celtic or the Huns ?!?

If anything ... it will be their green light to legitimise their ‘honest mistakes’.

This is the organisation that sacked (reluctantly but for the greater cause) a head of referees and known bigot, for distribution of foul, sectarian, bigoted and libellous material via the SFA email system...

Same dignified fellow manages to get references good enough to see him elevated to a deputy position in referee management at uefa ....

His sort should be scraping dog * off the streets for a living .... not being tasked with being judge and jury on the most critical decisions in football matches.

15. joemc

Annoyed the * oot me listening to the phone in last night ,guy on saying we should lay off refs and stop the badgering letters like Celtic are doing ,and I include my own team rangers wae collum , sounded wae too professional ,and put a great point across by including both teams as a deflection from the fact that we understand most refs to be huns at the top end ,thanks mainly to the SFA , most on clyde calling them "honest mistakes "

16. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I meant it doesn't matter that you feel 2 points dropped against Hibs is so much worse than 2 points dropped against anybody else as you are wrong. As if you look at any league in Europe any season that is not how things happen season on season league after league.

Spring Time likes this.
  17. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We all perceive the Honest Mistakes are getting worse but just take a moment to consider how bad it must have been before tv replays!

VAR wont be coming to Scotland any time soon. The masonic links in refereeing circles will be 100% against this. Having a transparent & level playing field has never been part of Scottish Football and there are too many 'Secretive' racists/bigots who would be exposed by VAR.

A * shot caller in charge of VAR ... no doubt he will be arriving on a white Unicorn.

Sydneysider and joemc like this.
  18. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    [QUOTE="bkk bhoy, post: 6471890, member: 34846"]We all perceive the Honest Mistakes are getting worse but just take a moment to consider how bad it must have been before tv replays!

VAR wont be coming to Scotland any time soon. The masonic links in refereeing circles will be 100% against this. Having a transparent & level playing field has never been part of Scottish Football and there are too many 'Secretive' racists/bigots who would be exposed by VAR.

A * shot caller in charge of VAR ... no doubt he will be arriving on a white Unicorn.[/QUOTE]

Them were dark dark days mate !

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

What about after they installed the floodlights in 1959?

bkk bhoy and johnboy19 like this.
  20. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    your due a boot in your gonad aul son !:boxing: