1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Secret City (Oz Netflix Series)

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by D'Ecosse, Sep 27, 2019.

Discuss Secret City (Oz Netflix Series) in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. D'Ecosse

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4976512/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Stuck for another drama to watch, did a search on "Australian Mini-Series" and found this - it was billed as a Political Drama, reminiscent of "House of Cards"
    We blasted through Season 1 and it was well worth the watch - lots of intrigue and second guessing on 'who really are the bad guys?" (or maybe a question of bad, badder and baddest?)
    In one of the early scenes, the character of Kim Gordon appears - not a 'handsome' woman by any stretch - I immediately said to the Mrs, that looks like Dewey Crowe (Damon Herriman) of Justified - figured HAD to be some relative (sister maybe?) and immediately went to IMDB to check out her name - well turns out it IS Herriman, playing a transgender. He is a native Australian - you would never have thought from his character in Justified where he plays a Kentucky hick! Very talented individual.

[​IMG]

Had never seen the lead actress before - Anna Torv - she is excellent in this.

[​IMG]

Just started Season 2 which aired earlier this year - first episode not quite as instantly gripping as season 1, but have to acknowledge was watching it late and both the the Mrs and I nodded off a bit - more the effect of the vino I think rather than the quality of the show. :D It does introduce some interesting new characters. Will probably watch that episode again to give it a fair shot, before progressing to the rest of that series.

2. D'Ecosse

Blown out Season 2 - definitely also very good. Conclusion maybe seemed a little rushed, but still worthy