1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Rennes v Celtic Thursday 19th September 17:55 KO BT Sport 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 14, 2019.

Discuss Rennes v Celtic Thursday 19th September 17:55 KO BT Sport 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Great away performance, Lenny has made us a lot organised defensively and quick at counter-pressing, then most importantly not * about at the back, get the ball into one of the front 4 as quick as we can. His style suits Europe so well.

Our home games are gonna be huge, we will be out for blood against Cluj and I think it’s important to put our mark down against them especially after they beat Lazio.

2. Quacksandpiper

Great result and performance.

Here are Lazio actually a bit *?

3. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Looking at their team last night , a good few main players were missing , Parolo , Marusic , Lakuku and Immobile

4. Quacksandpiper

Aye fair enough. Cluj were all over them in the second half which surprised me. I suppose that explains i a bit.

5. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Great result away last night. Not sure if the Lazio game finished 2-1 to cluj but lazio are beatable Home/Away.

PorchBhoy67 and Tommy25 like this.
  6. Smithy

Little bit gutted we didn't win that tbh, Rennes don't look like anything special at all. Still a point away from home with a * of a ref is a good result, well done to the players and Lenny.

Can we appeal Bayo's sending off? Or is it only if it was a straight red?

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    If you had offered me a point before the game kicked off I would have taken it but then watching it? We were definitely the better team. Christie, Brown and Julien were * superb. Don't know what Ajer is playing at. Terrible penalty to give away. Less said about the ref the better. * was absolutely *.

8. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    No, can only appeal if its a straight red

Smithy likes this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I don’t think they watch the game. It’s always the same folk they interview.

Wee old guy saying it’ll be easy to get through. No bother mate.

A point there is huge. All five games left are going to be far from easy.

10. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Aye I thought like against the Huns, the players gave a pretty decent account of themselves. The ref was card happy and shat it with their noisy crowd.

Mickmac likes this.
  11. angusceltic67

So you reckon they traveled all the way to France for a Youtube interview :giggle1:

Wee old guy has a point, that was arguably our second hardest game in the group and we came a way with a point (should have been three).

Sean Daleer, Tommy25 and moravcik1888 like this.
  12. Quacksandpiper

Ajer did have a bad game though, he struggled with Niang all night.

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. Lecs

I thought we were excellent last night. Really took the game to them, should have won it. Defensively very sound other than Ajers moment of madness. Can't pull guys jerseys in the box and get away with it. Very clumsy tackle.

I rate Ajer but he has to get cuter and smarter with his play, that will come with age and experience though. Delighted with our organisation and overall play. Lennon has set us up much better than Brendan did in a Europe. We just never adapted or changed under a Rodgers, where as Lennon has us playing to our strengths.

Referee was a * bell end btw. Cheating diving * goalkeeper. Disgrace. Referee was just whipping out cards galore. *. Anyway I think we can qualify from this group, I really like what I see.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I think they love the sound of their own voice and look for that guy to do the interview while they are out there.

Ok he’s not old. The wee baldy guy. “Rennes away, hardest game.” Then he says we could go through easy. Absolute walloper of a guy. Lazio away is the hardest game and we’ve got 5 hard games coming up.

The “If Rodgers was here we’d have lost” patter is * too. Both of them are in the first minute and a half of the video.

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I enjoy it, I would far rather hear the views of the supporters than the so called 'experts' in the media. Although Im sure if you had been interviewed you would have enlightened us all with your pearls of wisdom of course.

jpb, Lilac Wine, Sean Daleer and 4 others like this.
  16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Fairly confident we will get 4 points off the Italian huns and 4 from the Romanian hammer throwers.. Draw at home to those cheating french * and we are sorted

17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

After last night I'd be surprised if we don't beat Rennes at home.

Sean Daleer and Tommy25 like this.
  18. kingpenman1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    * Niang apart from the pen was absolutely honking. Apart from one moment of madness Ajer was great. I've seen some amount of * on this forum but this honestly takes the cake.

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. Quacksandpiper

He let him
    He let Niang run in front of him from a corner kick which flew across our box. That was dodgy as *.

Ajer will improve, hes certainly not the finished article, but hes also not immune to criticism.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I don't agree with that. I would have had absolutely no confidence in a Rodgers team going into that game last night.

Quite simply we were humming away in Europe under Rodgers. It felt like you were watching the same game over and over again without any tweaks or pragmatism.

16/17 (6 games): 0 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses - 3 goals scored, 13 goals conceded

17/18 (7 games): 3 wins, 0 draws, 4 losses - 10 goals scored, 17 goals conceded

18/19 (7 games): 2 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses - 7 goals scored, 9 goals conceded

Liam Scales likes this.