1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Serie A 2019-20

Discussion in 'World Football' started by StPauli1916, Jul 1, 2019.

Discuss Serie A 2019-20 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Why’s this still happening in Italy ffs.

2. Jeremie Frimpong

Curva Nord's open letter to Lukaku is a disgrace. He should walk out on Inter after that.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

[​IMG]

PorchBhoy67 and Marty McFly like this.
  5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  6. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
  7. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I genuinely can't believe that letter, absolutely unbelievable. I didn't realise the problem in Italy was that bad that if you're racially abused your own supporters would defend the opposition fans?

PorchBhoy67 likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

It’s been bad for years.

Take Lilian Thuram was ready to move to Lazio from Parma

Even met with the Irriducibili told him he would be welcomed

And told them to * off in no uncertain terms
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/2211130/lazio-fans-plead-with-thuram

PorchBhoy67 and Clint Eastwood like this.
  9. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Italians are crazy, ultra-nationalist nutcases. Especially when it comes to football. Or pretty much anything :giggle1:

Backing the opposition over your own players man :56: * bat * mental.

PorchBhoy67 likes this.
  10. Smithy

I skim read the statement but from what they're saying, i.e. monkey chants to put the player off taking a penalty, then why do they never do monkey chants at a non-black player?

PorchBhoy67 likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Statement from Banditi Rossoneri on Lukaku

"Hi Romelu,

I'm writing this to you by my own initiative. I'm a lad in love with this sport, and I've been following my Milan across Italy with the immense Curva Sud for a few years now. I'm really sorry that racism is an everyday occurrence in this country, and I'm even more sorry that those who should defend you are downplaying the situation.

You need to understand that Italy is an extraordinary country, but unfortunately it's also inhabited by extraordinarily ignorant people.

Here, cowards howls at you in the stadium, but then ask you for a picture if they meet you on the street.

Here, many fan bases care more about insulting the opponent rather than supporting their team.

Here, the real issue is that we're downplaying these episodes because "it's just a little booing, and a banana thrown on the pitch means nothing".

Here, if a player jeers or makes fun of an opponent, he's due to be the target of racist chants for several games thereafter, because "he was looking for it".

Here, to "insult" opponents, some people bring banners depicting Anne Frank wearing the opponent's jersey to the stadium.

Despite all this, Romelu, please remember that there are a lot of us that aren't like that at all.

They wrote you "there are several of us belonging to different races" and this is terrifying to read in 2019, because there's only one race and that's the human race.

Unfortunately here, with the excuse of being in the stadium, a lot of people think they're entitled to say whatever they want.

Unfortunately a lot of people are convinced that racism doesn't exist in Italy, and hence it can't be a problem. This willful ignorance is actually the worst thing.

Racism doesn't come from the fear that you may score a goal, as they wrote you. Racism comes from ignorance.

The 21st of September, I will be as usual in the Curva. I will whistle at you as well as at all your interisti team mates, without any distinction.

Because we are Milan, because San Siro is the house of the Devil, and because as you can see from the picture, we are those from one city, two colors, seven Champions Leagues, but NEVER will be your skin color a reason for me to insult you or jeer at you.

One more time

Forever Forza Milan, forever forza Curva Sud."

12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Fiorentina have had sooo many chances here, all over Juve who have been *

Hopefully pressure pays off

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Rodrigo De Paul sent off for slapping Candreva

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Andrea Agnelli claims Juventus were blackmailed by ultras as it is alleged they threatened to sing racist chants if they did not receive free tickets.

Twelve leaders of Juve ultras groups were arrested yesterday for criminal conspiracy, blackmail, money laundering and violence.

The Bianconeri have been working with authorities in their investigation, and Agnelli admitted his club had been pressured by hardcore fans.

“Juve have been forced to adhere to the demands of the ultras, aware of the possible negative consequences such as racist chants and other conduct likely to result in fines, bans or closure of the curva,” the patron told prosecutors in Turin.

The arrests were followed by a banner that read, “the Curva Sud is dead,” amidst speculation it had been rolled out by the group ‘Drughi’.

‘Drughi’ was described by deputy prosecutor Patrizia Caputo as a ‘military-type’ organisation, whose members have ‘a lifestyle of violence’.

In the meantime, ANSA reports Juve’s home match against Verona this Saturday could be postponed due to rising tensions amongst supporters.

“Saturday’s game was one that already caught our attention,” warned Turin police chief Giuseppe De Matteis.

“They are two fan bases with different ideologies. Now the risks are increasing because reactions are predictable.”

packybhoy likes this.
  16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Buzzing for this.

Think Inter will pump them so get your money on AC.

17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Verona are absolutely crazy *. Remember being stuck next to their supporters buses for about an hour in a traffic jam just outside Verona. How none of the buses didn’t topple over and they never stopped for breath jumping and banging windows. I was wishing I was on the bus. They were squeezed on like the Indians on trains, that was 1988. Always kept an eye out from there. They have just got crazier.

18. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Atalanta took a hammering in their first CL game in Zagreb.

19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aren’t many players in world football as good at switching the play as Brozovic.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Inter goal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.