1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Keano88, Jul 3, 2019.

Discuss Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Why's Lukaku got bolingoli in his Twitter handle, this has passed me by..

2. Mr. Slippyfist

His full name is Romelu Lukaku Bolingoli.

He's Boli's full cousin.

3. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    That's a disappointingly obvious reason.

johnboy19 and Captain Brown like this.
  4. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy

Well I obviously have to do the same

5. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    No doubt, i think he'll be a jewel in the future for us.

© Boli did the goalie, do it again...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    johnboy19 and Whoflungdung like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Happy chappies.

8. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    I have a good feeling about Bolingoli. The way a lot of people jumped on him after only a couple of games was daft. His performance at Ibrox was brilliant for a debut in the fixture. Problem was I think was that everyone was going to immidiatley compare him to KT. Whoever stepped into that position was in for a roasting if they had even a slightly poor game.

I think he's gonnae prove to be a great signing. Maybe not as deadly as KT going forward. But I think he'll prove an able replacement and a good signing

9. jamiebhoy67

Agree with all of this but I actually think he could be a bit more lethal in the build up play hes always cutting inside and finding his way into the box

paulie67 likes this.
  10. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Once he get's his goal, i think we'll see a more settled and solid defender.
    He wants it so bad and you can't fault him for it, after all, KT piped in a few important goals for us.

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Oh Bolingoli
    Used to be toley
    But now he's good
    He slapped about Morelos
    And the Huns went aff their heid
    He's super Bolingoli
    And he sings the Huns are deid

12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    In the arms of Jesus’ mammy.:102:

bagforlife, Rydo1888* and Marty McFly like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

PLAYING for a team like Celtic can take some getting used to, as Boli Bolingoli has discovered since joining the club this summer.

The move, and the pressure which comes with wearing the Hoops, has been unlike anything the Belgian has experienced previously, but now that he’s found his rhythm, Bolingoli is eager to show Celtic fans the real Boli.

It’s been just over two months since Bolingoli made the move from the Austrian capital to Glasgow. The Belgian defender progressed through the Club Brugge academy system before signing for Rapid Vienna.

As is always the case for Celtic, July and August have been a hectic couple of months for the Scottish champions, so the international break has given Bolingoli the chance to take a breath and reflect on the whirlwind summer of change.

“So much has happened in such a short period of time so this past week has been good to reflect on all the change,” said the 24-year-old in an exclusive interview with the Celtic View. “I am getting to know the city better and I’m really enjoying Glasgow.

“The weather is not as enjoyable, though. Here it doesn’t really feel like summer with all this rain. In Austria you had the difference between summer and winter. In the winter it was really cold and in the summer it was really hot.

“I’m staying in the West End of Glasgow. I spent the first three weeks in a hotel and then the club helped me find a place, so I’m feeling settled now. Three weeks in a hotel is quite long so I’m enjoying having my own flat now.”

Settling in on the pitch has been a different challenge entirely. The expectations thrust upon players when they sign for Celtic are unparalleled in Scottish football.

That alone is a huge challenge for any new arrival to wrestle with, but Bolingoli has had even bigger shoes to fill. The left-back position has, for the last three years, been the domain of Kieran Tierney whose performances set the bar high for his successor.

“When I arrived I had to be ready right away,” Bolingoli said. “There were very important, competitive games before the league season had even begun so as a new player coming here you need to be perfect from the beginning.

“I was playing games right away and you need to show your qualities when you come to a new club. The fans expect to see your qualities immediately, and that’s normal. It’s not always easy when you come from another country because the style of football changes from country-to-country and it takes time to understand that.

“It's important to stay positive and calm while working hard. If you surround yourself with positive people, work hard and believe in yourself then you will achieve your potential. There will always be negativity, so you need to focus on the positives. The only effect the negative things should have on you is to give you more motivation to succeed.

Cult hero Boli Bolingoli didn’t expect an easy time as he fought to settle at Celtic.

But now the Belgian has successfully come through his integration period at Parkhead, the left-back is determined to build on his early work and become a key part of Neil Lennon’s squad.

Bolingoli has come through a challenging two-month examination to start life in Glasgow.

Having signed from Rapid Vienna for £3 million with Kieran Tierney unfit and subsequently heading out of the door to Arsenal, the 24-year-old was thrust into an unenviable position.

Not only was he required to replace the club’s prized asset, Bolingoli had to try to do so instantly whilst at the same time settling into a completely new environment.

In terms of tests, it was as tough as it can get.

Bolingoli had to adapt and quickly. In the beginning, it was not comfortable with his performances being scrutinised and his mistakes analysed in minute detail.

However, despite being placed firmly under the microscope, the defender has coped with the stresses and emerged from his first period in the Hoops with plenty to be satisfied about.

Accounting for the fact he was left out of the Champions League encounter at home to Cluj, Bolingoli has an undefeated record for Celtic having played in a dozen games without a single defeat at home and in Europe.

Greg Taylor’s arrival from Kilmarnock has added a fresh complication and competition for Bolingoli in the left-back area, but, given the situation he's had to cope with through his opening couple of months at the club, he feels he’s now right into the swing of it with the champions and ready to kick on in the coming months.

Assessing his first weeks at Celtic, he said: “It was not easy for me to adapt that fast, I also didn’t expect it (would be).

“But we did quite well, me and Hatem Abd Elhamed and also Christopher Jullien.

“All the new players adapted really fast. You see it on the pitch how we are progressing every game, getting better and better.

“If we can help the team like this, hopefully we can only become better. Now we have a few days off it feels good after that busy month in August.

“I’m very happy that the adaptation went very well like this and we are all very happy to be here at Celtic of course, too.”

Bolingoli, of course, signed off from part one of the campaign in the ideal style with their win over Rangers.

Plunged into the Ibrox cauldron for an Old Firm debut alongside Jullien and Elhamed, it was the acid test for him and the new boys on the domestic scene and they passed with flying colours.

It was the type of day which can make a Celtic player and it felt a special moment for Bolingoli as he performed admirably in the game and partied with the punters with equal polish at full-time.

Speaking to Celtic TV, he said: “Everybody is happy right now, me as well. After last weekend, you can be only happy if we win with that result. It was a nice result to go into the break with.

“When you are a new player, to come in to a club like Celtic with these kind of fans, it’s amazing. This connection we had after the game felt good and, hopefully, it can only become stronger in future.

“Scott Brown is a big leader, he’s a legend for me. How he plays every game, you can only look up to him.

"In the derby, I was looking at him like, *, that’s a real captain. He’s helped me a lot. He’s cool and we have a laugh. He gives a real positive motivation.

“It was such a great performance across the whole team. You saw that in the players, they were ready. They were ready to go fight and if we continue like this with this spirit in the future, we can make a lot of people pay, you know?”

Securing top spot in the Ladbrokes Premiership table with a 100 per cent record, Celtic also have the group stage of the Europa League to enjoy having overcome the Cluj failure to grab a consolation spot in the Continent’s second competition.

Although it’s not the top table, the Scottish champions are still dining with some exalted company having landed Italian giants Lazio, French outfit Stade Rennes and their Champions League conquerors from Romania.

Bolingoli is relishing the challenge and he said: “We can be really satisfied in qualifying for the Europa.

“Of course we wanted more, but now we are in the Europa we can be happy with that and, hopefully, we can do something.

“I’m very confident that we can reach something and go really far in this league with this team as we have a lot of quality in there.

“I’m looking forward to it as in the Europa League, every club, even the smaller clubs can be dangerous, so we need to be ready for that.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  14. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Thought it was quite interesting to read how scott brown kinda' took him under his wing.
    This has been noticable during and throughout our games so far.
    He's gonna' be just one of many in a team that are full of fan "favourites" throughout.

My thoughts... Celtic are looking stronger this year.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Tommy25, Crilly and bagforlife like this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Love how he keeps trying skills and step-overs when no one's near him....just for the sake of it :giggle1:

16. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Looking great in the first half. Looking sharper each passing minute

Tommy25 and Crilly like this.
  17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Thought he was good, he adds so much to our attack.

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    A loveable guy that's prone to the odd clanger.

Not Efe Ambrose. Bolingoli.

19. Keano88

I thought I was seeing things but he definitely took the ball out of the air with his back heel near the end didn’t he? :giggle1:

Legend.

Tommy25, JML67 and M.E.T.H.O.D MAN like this.
  20. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Improving every game.

Tommy25 and Random Review like this.