1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moritz Bauer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Aug 28, 2019.

Discuss Moritz Bauer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Looks like he's about to burst out laughing in that pic.

Must have been taken as he was saying "unfortunately he caught himself a bit"

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I think he did.

paulie67 likes this.
  3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I love that, I'd really be sick if we were played off the park by them and our supporters highlight of the day was one of our players headlessly getting sent off. Dusts himself off and gets on with it . We really seemed to have recruited some really good intelligent heads away from football

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

WITH his long, swept-back blond hair, Moritz Bauer wouldn’t look out of place on the TV set of a medieval fantasy drama.

But he’s not so much Game of Thrones as Game of Throw-ins.

Bauer, 27, made his Celtic debut as a substitute against Rangers at Ibrox and didn’t put a foot wrong.

But the way he launched the ball into play took everyone by surprise.

On-loan Stoke City right-back Bauer has revealed it’s something he’s been working on for years.

Bauer said: “When I was converted to a right-back as a youngster at FC Winterthur, my Under-18 coach told me the throw-in can be a weapon.

The coaches said that as important as dribbling and crossing was to wingers, the throw-in was vital to the full-backs, because almost every ball that goes out is for the full-back.

“Of course, at Stoke City we had the world-famous Rory Delap.

We had competitions for fun at my old clubs to see who could throw it the longest distance, but I can’t remember what my record was.

“It’s a good asset to have because if you are 1-0 down at the end of a game you can get the defenders into the box and create some chaos.

“But while we kicked off against Rangers by kicking the ball deep into their half, we won’t do that all the time. We will try to keep the ball on the floor.

However, on certain occasions you can use that tactic to surprise the opposition.

“I haven’t spoken to the manager about it because when I arrived we had two massive games against AIK Stockholm and Rangers.

“We had more important things to do than watch videos of my throw-ins!

“But football is played with the feet, so I was judged on my skills with the ball on the floor.

“During the international break we had time to sit down and catch up and we spoke about the fact I can bring the long throw-in to the table.

“At Celtic we have Nir Bitton, Kris Ajer and Christopher Jullien, so we have some really good height and we can bring them up for throw-ins. Even if they don’t put it straight in they can get a flick on.”

Bauer couldn’t have had a better start to his stint at the Hoops. Apart from being smashed by red card sinner Jordan Jones at Ibrox, the Old Firm game was an ideal debut and he loved the 2-0 win.

Bauer said: “It really couldn’t have been any better.

“The atmosphere, the performance and the result.

As footballers say, there are no easy games, but that was something special.

“I’ve had many people coming up to me and congratulating me on the derby victory and telling me how much the win means to the fans.

“But they have also been coming up and asking if I’m alright too because they were worried, as you couldn’t have a worse start than suffering a bad injury on your debut.

As soon as everyone knew I was OK there weren’t any bad feelings towards Jordan Jones because it’s part of the game. You get body contact. It was a foul, Jones apologised and it’s all good.

“Fortunately, all of my debuts have turned out well.

“With Stoke City it was against Manchester United at Old Trafford where we drew.

“With Austria it was against Georgia, when we drew 1-1 in spite of being under pressure.

We didn’t lose and I had a good performance, so I was happy.

“Your first game is always intense, but this was an iconic fixture to start with, so winning at Ibrox was really great. That was a positive.

“When I went to Old Trafford or Anfield with Stoke it was different because we were always the underdogs, so the pressure wasn’t really on us and we had nothing to lose.

“We weren’t expected to win, but at Ibrox, while not everyone thought we would win, that was also a special atmosphere.

It was the first derby for many of our players and we put on a great display. I was proud of everyone and really happy to be a part of that win.”

Celts face Hamilton Accies on their plastic pitch this weekend, but that doesn’t hold any fears for Bauer.

He said: “Hamilton will be a different test of mentality, but we showed that we have great character in the game at Ibrox.

“Everyone comes to work with a smile and I’m lucky to be a part of that.

“Hamilton is the next test for this new squad as a lot of the players haven’t played together before, but we’ve grown in confidence from the Ibrox win.”

paulie67 likes this.
  5. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Really impressed with the calibre of character we've brought in.

I know it counts for nothing if you can't play but Bauer and Jullien in particular are clearly articulate, intelligent and driven. Can only be a good thing having these sort of guys around.

6. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Boli seems a solid guy too

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Can see him launching balls into Jullien, Elhamed, Ajer, Bayo etc.. we pick up so many throw-ins in dangerous areas he could be a serious asset.. will give our wingers more space too, when a long throw is expected he can just go short to vary it up..

Maybe see this on Sat, with Bayo likely to start and Elhamed probably playing CB..

Exciting times.

Rydo1888* and Whoflungdung like this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Think how annoyed you’d be if somebody said, in a completely reasonable manner, that he just got a wee bit emotional and dramatic.

Binning likes this.
  9. Binning

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm getting a wee bit emotional and dramatic just thinking about it.

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: “Moritz’s injury was trauma. He got a bang and twisted his ankle.

11. TheHappyLoss

Suddenly we have got a lot of good defenders

neilly1987, Garrymac1888 and Tommy25 like this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    And not one of them is called Boyata. :84:

Seán Mac D, Doogs. and TheHappyLoss like this.
  13. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Played well apparently ... although it's hard to tell over BBC teletext commentary :43:

14. TheHappyLoss

Some crosser of a ball too, maybe put him on corners and free kicks when he's playing?

15. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Excellent game, lovely set up for Eddy....as somebody said a few posts ago, suddenly we have lots of options.

neilly1987 likes this.
  16. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Looks good man, couple of slack passes but he's no played much so probably a bit rusty. Got up and down well, defended well, great link up play and assist and chucked a few good balls into the box too. Looking forward to seeing more of him and hopefully his ankle is okay. Good to have options now.

pete0301 and Garrymac1888 like this.
  17. CountyDownFaithful

He speaks French and has lovely hair (& pace)

Sign him up!

bagforlife, aliceinsound and Tommy25 like this.
  18. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Better hair than Armstrong

19. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    good to see a few superheroes in the team tho, Thor on the right, Superman in the middle and the Black Panther up top.

bagforlife likes this.
  20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Impressed with him today, what a pass to the big man for second goal. Looking forward to enjoying him when he gets up to speed. Hope he was not injured yesterday.