1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liam Morrison (Academy)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MickeyyMack, Aug 17, 2019.

Discuss Liam Morrison (Academy) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Iain Kennedy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk on
    Is this not us in a nutshell,the academy politics are incredible take it from someone who knows,we never show the boy enough until it's too late usual want to wait too see then if no interest we hold the cards but on reverse off that we lose like this one ,I wish we would put money were we should and not wait all the * time.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Wee Dembele won't sign a new deal over the next season other two and Henderson will want away..

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Henderson’s dad didn’t want him to sign a new deal here in the first place but Rodgers promised him he was going to get a chance.

The club were adamant he was going to be involved in the first team.

Midfield have been shocking and he’s nowhere to be seen...

4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Has he not paid attention to David bates lol

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Where did you hear that about Henderson?

Not the case as far as I'm aware.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    In the case of Morrison, Lennon needs to seriously just watch what he comes out with.

Pressers have been a car crash.

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Truth is nothing we could have done to stop this, it’s an opportunity too good to turn down.

Lennys comments didn’t help matters tho.

Dembele is slightly different, he’s signed a professional deal with us and may have featured already this season if he wasn’t injured.

Henderson will get a chance too, but should have been in the squad for Dunfermline, Lenny had no issue utilising him last season. He just needs to be patient like any young player..

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Liam Morrison hopes a shock move to Bayern Munich can nudge him closer to his dream of becoming the best defender in the world.

The 16-year-old from Ayrshire stunned Scottish football when he quit Celtic to seal a move to the Bundesliga champions last week.

Handed his first team debut in a 6-1 pre-season friendly win over Pinkafeld in Austria Morrison admits the SPFL champions did what they could to keep him

Describing a move to Bavaria as a no-brainer, however, the talented teenager harbours a long-term ambition is to follow in the footsteps of another former Celtic player, Virgil van Dijk.

'The final goal for me is to be the best defender in the world,' he told Sportsmail.

'That is the ultimate goal. How I get there is by constantly trying to make myself a better player.

'Playing alongside great players can only help me in that respect.

'I take inspiration from Virgil van Dijk. He has been unbelievable since moving to Liverpool and you could see even when he was at Celtic what a great player he was.

'It needs so much hard work and I know I have a long way to go to get to where I want to be. I have to keep my feet on the ground and stay grounded and work hard.' Offered a professional contract at Celtic Morrison admits he thought news of Bayern's interest was a wind-up by his agent.

The strapping teenager signed a three-year contract on Saturday after spending the last month in Bavaria waiting for red tape to be resolved.

'It was surprising when I heard. My dad and me were sitting in the livingroom watching football when a text came from my agent David Moss saying Bayern were interested 'I turned to my dad and said, 'no way.' 'We decided not to read anything into it because it might be a daft rumour or something.

But David contacted Bayern and came back the next day to say, 'yeah, they want you to come over and see the campus.' 'It was a dream come true for a club the size of Bayern Munich to be interested in me.' Also linked with Hoffenheim Morrison has already started German language lessons admitting: 'Ever since I started playing football as a little kid it was always my dream to move to a new country and learn a new language.

'Celtic tried hard to keep me but my decision was already made as soon as Bayern came in.

'I loved every minute of my time at Celtic and I have to thank every one of the people I worked with who helped me so much.

'But when the Bayern offer came along, it's not really a club you can turn down is it?

'It was such an attractive offer. It was a no brainer for me and my family.' The only downside of the move was breaking the heart of his Celtic-mad grandmother.

For the last six years or so Francis Dickson has attended Champions League games at Parkhead with a shadow by her side.

Morrison was a Celtic academy player by the time the pair watched Bayern Munich win 2-1 in Glasgow in October 2017.

One day, she hoped, her own flesh and blood would walk out to the Champions League music in a green and white shirt.

The idea of him doing so in the distinctive red kit of Bayern Munich, back then, would have seemed improbable

I went to all the Champions League games with my gran, she is an absolute diehard Celtic fan.

'We were right at the front of the stand for the Bayern game.

'Gran is really gutted to see me leave. It was her dream to see me walk out at Parkhead to play for Celtic but she understood that Bayern was what I wanted.

'It was hard for the family at the beginning, when I left. But they realise it's an opportunity I had to take and that it was impossible for me to turn down.' His dad James, a former Aston Villa trialist, has always been his biggest source of encouragement, providing a kick up the backside when necessary. His mother Louise made sacrifices along the way, while his grandparents Francis and Gus Dickson and John and Jean Morrison seek regular updates on his progress.

'I get text messages every single day from relatives telling me how proud they are of me,' he admits.

A year younger than Jadon Sancho when the England international left Manchester City to join Borussia Dortmund in 2017, the winger's explosive progress in the Bundesliga convinced Morrison Germany was the place to learn his trade properly.

'When I first saw Jadon moving from Manchester City to Borussia Dortmund I was surprised.

'But over the last two or three years he has really impressed and is starting to kick on a lot.

'If he was still at Manchester City I'm not sure he would be in the place he is now.

'German culture football-wise is how I want to play.

'I love the way the centre-backs play it from the back. They are so comfortable on the ball and when they need to defend they defend.

'Jadon made the big step and it clearly worked for him. For me there is nothing to be afraid of.'

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTTISH starlet Liam Morrison was praised by German legend Miroslav Klose after making his first start for the his Bayern Munich youth side.

The 16-year-old defender moved from Celtic to the Bundesliga giants earlier this month in a surprise transfer and immediately pledged to learn from the best in Germany and make an impact.

Morrison has been put in the Bayern Under-17s side and his manager is Klose – the World Cup’s all-time top goalscorer with 16 goals in four tournaments.

Morrison came on as a sub last week in a 3-0 defeat at SV Wehen Wiesbaden, but was handed his first start in Germany by Klose for a league game against Hoffenheim.

And he helped Bayern keep a clean sheet in a 0-0 draw, with Morrison one of four players making their first starts for the youth team.

Klose said: “All in all, we can be satisfied with the performance.

“The new guys showed the right attitude and did well.