1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Minimum expectations for the season

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 25, 2019.

Discuss Minimum expectations for the season in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Minimum expectation is that they
    It's yer aul da here form the 90's son

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Some * have forgot we signed Willo Flood anaw!

3. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    What exactly is absolute * about thinking the league is the bare minimum and there would be chaos if we lost it?

If you are happy about scraping by in the league and neglecting everything else then the regression and mediocrity is already palpable.

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Maybe you’ve missed the fact that winning the league isn’t our * given right. My point is that I couldn’t give a * about cups or trebles this year or the next, getting the 9 then 10 in mines and in lot of others opinions is a priority.

5. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    The league is not a * given right, but there are minimum expectations at Celtic at this point. Losing the league would be a sackable offence for many.

It shouldn’t be the case that we are choosing between the winning the league or winning the cups/progressing in Europe. The converse it true as well.

We have been riding the 10IAR wave for a few years now, so this season is no more different than the last few season in terms of pressure or expectations.

I cannot say that I would be happy that we could go from winning a treble treble; 2 CL appearances; 2 European campaigns after Xmas to just winning the league and doing nothing else. It would ultimately underpin the regression at the club.

That is not to say that we have a * given right to win a treble, but we should, at the very least, be trying to win all competitions.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Ok I’ve picked you up wrong on not winning the league if that isn’t achieved then sadly yes Lennon should go, but to say this season isn’t any different really isn’t true is it? Being at 8 in a row is totally different to say 5 or 6. We aren’t as strong a squad imo to go on all fronts so I’m prioritising the league, there is no wrong or right answers here it’s people’s opinion.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  7. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Win the league. Wipe the fler against the huns in each game we play them and leave them in no uncertain terms we’re the top team in the country.

Sadly the bar is set so high with the treble that is what has to be aimed for, however, losing a cup to somecunt other than the huns may not be the worst thing to happen. If I had to choose between the league cup and qualifying from the Euro diddy cup groups, I’d take Euro progression. It would stand us in better stead for heading in to CL qualifiers next year.

BE PREPARED FOR NEXT YEARS CL QUALIFIERS AND TO SECURE 10 STYLE. (No more * excuses)

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  8. celtic warrior

A * and a pancake.