1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Minimum expectations for the season

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 25, 2019.

Discuss Minimum expectations for the season in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

League is the be all and end all for me.

Both Cups would be nice as well but they're bonuses. Winning the League Cup could give us a nice wee boost in Early December which would set us up nicely for the final Europa game (should we make it) and games against Hibs, Aberdeen and the Tributes.

A good showing in the Europa group stage and qualification would again be welcome but we've been dunked out in the knock-out stages in the last 2 seasons and since then have lost several key players that we're yet to replace.

Elhamed isn't going to be able to play 60 games this season, he's already missed a few. Boli is still finding his feet. We can't expect Broony at 34 to keep playing at his peak for 60 games.

Our current back-up RB is our best CB and our current back-up LB is our best CM. Expecting us to win another League & Cup Double or Treble and Progress in Europe in those circumstances is being unrealistic in my opinion.

2. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    League is the be all and end all for the next couple of seasons. Say we were to win both cups and reach the EL quarter final, but not win the league. How many of you would be happy with that?

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Sighs.

Indeed what I posted is simple stuff but heyho. Well that'll be 2 of us then who haven't done that, lets see if the 2 of us can agree on this also - I have never walked out on Celtic when we have been getting beat and the thought of walking out after about 30 mins makes my stomach turn - I'm sure we will both agree on this, yes ?

Anyway, as usual your obsession with me has you quoting me again, while trying to be smart.. only for you to end up making a * of yourself again, seriously this can't be good for your own self esteem.. What surprises me the most though is you have previously claimed to have me on ignore .. and yet every so often you seem to magically see a post of mine you quote .. strange how your ignore function seems to work ...

They do say obsession leads to lying, LOLZ indeed :bye1:

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    You pulling any * up about lying is a hoot, maybe you could ask the mods how the ignore function works seeing as there’s a few on here got you on it. Obsessed coming from you is another classic, now back to the point how does wanting ‘us’ to prioritise the league equate to not celebrating previous success?

5. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Ooooh, and what have I lied about that would stop me from being able to highlight someone who has clearly lied and made a * of themselves ?
    At least if they have me on ignore they don't quote me, which is fine as it saves me from having to respond to them if they try to be smart - you could learn a valuable lesson from this son.
    You seem to have not answered about walking out on us, strange that, then again we both know the answer eh :52:

6. angusceltic67

* the cups, ten a penny mickey mouse *.

Winning the League and to be still in Europe after Christmas would be the minimum expectations for me.

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yeah I’d partially agree with this.

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I admit I left the PSG game SON! Just as you have admitted following the sheep shaggers giving it the big in. You figured out what the original question was on this thread yet or are you just going to waffle * as per?

9. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Winning the league a ‘failure’?

Oh how spoilt we are.

10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

So I haven't lied then ... glad that's been cleared up although we both knew that anyway, your insinuation was simply another example of you making stuff up, you aint having a good day here are you pal. Still at least we have cleared that up now as well, I won't even ask for an apology either, so that's good :50:

I confessed to having been a casual, about 30 years ago. I'll say it again - Anyone, with a few exceptions, who has a problem with that = tough, write to yer MSP or something because I'm certainly not going to worry about what someone like you has to say on the subject, that's for sure.
    Me, waffle * ?! .. hmmm remind me who has been caught lying and making up * again .. your day disna get any better it seems 'LOLZ' indeed.

Anyway while this has been fun, thanks for the laughs no matter how unintentional they were from you, but this thread has been dragged far enough off topic by your obsession in me, so here is my expectations to get the thread back on track -

League, EL with hopefully qualification although that depends on group we get, and at least one Cup. I think the LC is important for Lenny so that might encourage him to not have a Morton moment.

11. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

CL
    Europa League
    SPL
    Eredivisie
    EPL
    Serie A/B/C
    La Liga
    MSL

12. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    This is just like any other season in the sense that the league is the absolute bare minimum. Anything other than winning the league at this point would result in absolute anarchy. It would be a sackable offence for Lawwell, Lennon and many of the players if it transpired.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  13. Jeremie Frimpong

Some people have forgotten the 90s.

Ciaran_67 and Valhalla like this.
  14. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Some * have forgot 2011 ffs.

15. john2061

If the board don't get their act together we could be heading back to those days and still hoping they will back Lenny before the window shuts .

16. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    League is always the bare minimum, in the current scottish football climate it would be embarrassing for us not to win it considering the financial advantage we have over every other team and one of the biggest failures in our history.

I expect us to try and do better than just that though should aim to get out of the europa groups and better what we did the last two seasons and aim to retain the cups.

If given a choice i'd choose Scottish over the league cup but the fact is we play thistle at home next in a game we should be comfortably winning and if we do we're only two wins away from a trophy and no Celtic fan is going to accept us playing weakened teams in a semi final or final.

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Don’t talk absolute *.

18. Belgian_lad

1. League
    2. League
    3. League
    Right down to 10 all league
    11. Europe after xmas
    12. Scottish cup
    13. Lg cup

19. JCGE

Win the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  20. duffyfaedenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    then you get others that keep remembering the 1690s those ones can get to *.