1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mohamed Bangura

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by UsernameCeltic, Oct 21, 2015.

Discuss Mohamed Bangura in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dirk_Diggler

A dont for 1 minute think he was a bad player, larsson recommended him after all, he didnt get much of a run, he also got injured about 3 games in, if you dont score early at celtic the pressure starts, and a think it just didnt work out.

He played well against us for elfsborg as well he nearly scored a overhead kick.

Took big hartson about 11-12 games to break his duck for us as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He's * mate. Now playing for a second division Chinese team after already playing for a second division Turkish team.

Almost as bad as Amido Balde.

3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    We never really got to see him, he didnt really get a chance from what I remember compared to even Scepovic who hardly got a game either him and Bale probably played far more than Bangura.

I think he's more of a wide-forward who likes to cut in, in our current team hed play Armstrong position. He had pace and a bit of skill and was unpredictable but was never a striker probably not Celtic class anyway either though might have been a Dundee Utd or Aberdeen level player.

4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He probably went to China for the money though, there are people on fortunes in the Chinese even 2nd Division that guy on here who watched Brazilian football put in the transfer section the other day that one of the best players in Brazil signed for a 2nd Division chinese team. It was Jadson who used to play for Shakhtar Donetsk.

Seemed to have a decent season for AIK 9 goals in 35 games.

Robinho and some other good player play for the same team as Zheng Zhi as well who is captain of the team, think it might be that Alan who was shithot for Salzburg.

That Chinese team actually bought him for £1million.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

THREE starts, zero goals and a thousand post-it notes.

Those are the facts and figures of Mo Bangura’s ill-fated Celtic career.

Signed from AIK Stockholm for £2million in 2011, the striker was freed two-and-a-half years later without scoring a competitive goal.

Bangura, 30, is one of Celtic’s worst-ever buys, and even cost the club a fortune in stationery after Scott Brown covered his car in post-it notes.

But at least he will go down in history as the victim of one of Scottish football’s best pranks.

Bangura told SunSport: “Whenever I see a post-it note now, all I think about is the joke my Celtic team-mates played on me.

“It was so funny. Even at this moment talking about it, I can’t stop laughing.

“They covered my entire car with different colours. They even wrote ‘Mo!’ on the back window.

“I had never seen anything like it in my life, and I don’t think I ever will again.

“But I wasn’t offended in any way. It was a joke and everyone was laughing, especially me

“I saw the funny side and how could I not? It’s honestly one of the best memories of my time at Celtic.

“Scott Brown was the leader of the gang responsible for the joke, but I knew that as soon as I saw my car.

What can I say about Scott? He’s my guy. A great player, and a great personality.

“Scott is crazy, funny and annoying — all rolled into one. He has been a great captain for Celtic.

“There aren’t many players left at Celtic from my time there, but I am not surprised Brown is still playing every week.

“He was a fantastic professional, he worked so hard in training, and you can’t under-estimate how important he is off the pitch.

“You need someone with his attitude. When he needs to be angry, he is.

“But he also makes everyone happy.

“I enjoyed playing with Scott and laughing with him. He is a top man.”

Bangura is regarded as a Celtic dud, and can’t really have any complaints when you look at the stats.

He arrived eight years ago with a ringing endorsement from Henrik Larsson, Celts’ greatest modern-day hitman.

But Bangura never lived up to the hype, and eventually had his contract terminated in January 2014 without scoring a competitive goal.

There was also the controversial episode when he played AGAINST Celtic in a Champions League qualifier while on loan at Elfsborg.

Neil Lennon and Joe Ledley both publicly slated him for that, but Bangura holds no grudges.

Despite all of that, he claims he’d sign for Celts all over again if he had the chance.

Bangura added: “I have no regrets about moving to Scotland. It was the right decision at the time.

“I am not a guy who likes to look back, but overall I have mixed feelings about my time at Celtic.

There were good times and bad times. It’s fair to say I didn’t enjoy myself as much as I expected to.

“It was a frustrating period. I was injured, I went out on loan, and it just never worked out the way I wanted to.

“When I signed for Celtic, I was happy, positive and confident. I believed I could be a success there.

“In football, that doesn’t always happen. But I am happy I had the experience of playing for a club like Celtic.”

Lennon was the Hoops gaffer who signed Bangura, and his former player isn’t surprised to see him back for a second stint as Parkhead boss.

Bangura said: “When Brendan Rodgers left to go back to England, it made sense for Celtic to make that decision.

“Lennon was out of a job, he was available and he was the wise choice for the club.

“You just need to look at what he achieved at Celtic as a player and a manager before. He had a good record at Celtic and I expected him to get the job again. I wish Neil good luck for the future.”

Bangura had two spells at AIK, and is held in much higher regard in Stockholm than he is in Glasgow.

He expects a close contest over two legs of the Europa League play-off, but has backed Celts to edge it.

Bangura added: “It will be fun to see two of my old teams play each other, and it will be intense in both games.

“Looking at the teams, I think Celtic have the best chance to qualify for the group stages.

“AIK are a good side. They are the Swedish champions and it won’t be an easy match for Celtic.

“I am not good with predictions, but I think Celtic will go through by maybe one goal over the two games.”

Bangura is currently without a club after spending the last Swedish campaign with Akropolis IF.

He is currently battling a knee injury and doesn’t know what the future holds. He said: “I am spending some time with family and I will decide on my next move soon.”

7. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Jesus christ I thought he coming back

8. ladbroke8

9. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

not again from me.

10. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    ffs dont be bumping this nearly had a heart attack

11. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

His best game came when he got moved out wide. I wish we looked into that a bit more.

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Remember seeing him hit the post against (I think) Motherwell, was sat behind the goal and just thought 'this guy hasn't got it'.