1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate fans conundrum

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Gioventu, Aug 21, 2019.

Discuss Ultimate fans conundrum in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'll never ever ever ever give my season ticket up, it's my club not theirs. My son can now have a pint with me at the game and i love it, someday I'd expect to do the same with the grandkids, if my expected heart attack doesn't get me before it.

I ain't getting tickets for the Europa * if we qualify, that's my tantrum over this *.

Doogs. likes this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It is when they're being ran as such and we're trotted out lines of "resale value" being the most important factor in a transfer target.

There's over £50 million cash in the bank that's not being spent on a team that badly needs it, yet we're not doing so.

Anyone who accuses someone of not being a 'real fan' because they refuse to buy merchandise, food, festival tickets etc. because they're fed up seeing the team regress with no appetite to change it, is a clown.

Gyp Rosetti, bhoy81, Fully87 and 10 others like this.
  3. dmac

Think the only way to send them a message they might understand is when the renewals come out the supporters association tell the board that we will take the tickets but in August when we see a real some signinga and not another we tried but failed

blizzard bhoy likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Guess I’m no a true fan then.

Had to give up my season book because I lost my job a few years back.

Least I can afford getting the club top and then.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    freitassen likes this.
  5. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Here * here brother.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  6. scootz

No - that makes you someone who's down on their luck. I hope things improve for you and you get your seat back at Paradise.

But in the meantime, don't come out with daft * that has zero bearing on the discussion!

StPauli1916 likes this.
  7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

The two are completely unrelated.

Also, Celtic TV don't broadcast live games in the UK or Ireland (in order to force people to the stadium - where they'll buy tickets, pies, merch etc) which is actually backwards because people like myself who won't realistically go to games regularly (12 hr round trip) don't pay for CTV cause I won't get to see the game anyway... They force me to watch a dodgy stream.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Well this bit kind of has

they're not a true fan

It’s attitude like that annoys me.

People don’t know anyone’s situation so you canny judge them.

blizzard bhoy likes this.
  9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Ooft. Wondered where you were going with that for a second :rofl:

Random Review, Seán Mac D and Doogs. like this.
  10. scootz

Mate, no sane person would have a go at you for not being able to afford tickets, merchandise, etc. That's a completely separate issue and nothing to do with whether you're a 'true fan' or not. Nothing at all!

Sean Daleer likes this.
  11. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Imagine being a blind Tim reading that in Braille :56:

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye well that bit * annoyed me.

Like I said no * knows anyone situation.

So this true fan stuff is pathetic.

13. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Not a true fan because you withhold some money from the club. See if the board turned round and said to fans, we are doubling season ticket money but every single penny extra is being reinvested in the team, we would pay it. Or the majority of us, in decent financial positions would. The real shame is we are on a forum, after winning 8 in a row and treble treble, talking of ways to withhold money because of the negligence of a few Tory * who want to make a few extra quid on their shares. The only way these * will take notice is if their pockets are being hit. This isn’t something we want to do, we are being forced to do this. That’s the biggest shame of all. * cut it with that disgusting attitude. I’ve been blessed with a good job, a wealthy wage. I think of myself no better than someone who has to give up theirs or can’t get to games. We are Celtic fans, that tag doesn’t stop at someone owning a * season ticket.

freitassen and cfc_kenny like this.
  14. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think he means actively choosing to refrain from buying merchandise as opposed to not having the funds to do so.

Either way 'fan' is fanatic - you can be fanatical without going to the games.

Doogs. likes this.
  15. scootz

What I'm saying is that no true fan would deliberately sabotage their club (but you know this!).

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:50:

scootz likes this.
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Well that can't be true. Lawwell purports to be a lifelong fan yet has overseen the regression of our team from a point of being undefeated by Pep Guardiola's Man City side over 2 legs, to being turfed out of Europe by AEK Athens and Cluj, all while a literal mountain of cash sits collecting interest in the bank.

Sabotage seems like an apt description though.

Doogs. likes this.
  18. StevieBhoooy!

You could argue that a ‘true Fan’ might be one that DOES ‘turn their back’ (metaphorically speaking ).... they would be sacrificing their ‘football fix’ in order to try and benefit the club in the long term ... while the one who never reacts and would never deprive themselves of their football needs (financial or otherwise) is just selfishly allowing a damaging situation to continue or get worse.

Different situations, different viewpoints.

Fully87, dmccourt95 and Doogs. like this.
  19. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

General consensus seems to be along my line of thinking - couldn’t bring myself to give up my season book but at the same time I’m absolutely * sick of getting taken for a ride by the board year in year out.

Cluj game was a big turning point for me. Final straw in terms of the sheer disregard for improvement shown by the board as well as the naivety in that they believe we should sacrifice our own income to watch 2nd rate * whilst lining their own pockets with profit.

I’ll be at the league games this season but decided after Cluj am I * going to the Europa league games.

20. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    How many transfers Windows recently have we all said no way can they not make signings this window yet it continues. Im now actually thinking the board are Huns sent to sabotage our club bcoz if they're genuine Celtic fans they have a strange way of showing it. I don't know what we as fans can do but we need to find a way bcoz they are allowing a pish rangers team to close a gap that should have got wider and wider.

Gioventu likes this.