1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think the criticism is justified. Tactically we were very poor, but what’s really been troubling most of the support for some time isn’t the Cluj result in itself, it’s how disorganised we’ve been off the field for what really has been a couple of years now.

It doesn’t really matter who you pin the blame on - Lennon, Lawwell, Rodgers, Congerton, the new DoF etc - it’s just important to recognise that things need to change and change quick. Judging by the way we’ve gone gone about business this summer, I’m not sure we’ve quite recognised that yet.

2. CountyDownFaithful

Agreed

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What did he expect.....back slapping and loads of praise for his tactical masterclass where we scored 3 but got pumped 4-3 at home to some old bang average skint Romanian mob?

Hysteria it most certainly is not..

Was a terrible performance. He got his selection horribly wrong. He didn't change it when we went ahead. He left the subs far too late..

Seems to be too much of this we played well. We scored this amount but no enough about the glaring errors and weaknesses in this side..

How about telling us why our squad is so lopsided and we haven't got fullbacks in that we want. Or why player's we've paid a lot of money for, can't get on or even make the bench..

I've said it before but he's very very defensive now and his excuses won't wash with anyone..

Still, * still we don't have our target's in. I know that's no only down to him but it's * ridiculous now after the amount of * we've been fed..

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s got a point to be fair.

The reaction can be over the top at times.

:fear:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  5. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don't think it's hysteria, it's sheer frustration with the ineptness of the club to make progress and to adopt a transfer strategy that covers all positions on the pitch.

The Cluj game wasn't an isolated result, it's the constant regression and lack of ambition to improve.

Realistically, we wouldn't have all these players at the same time, but a team with Van Dijk, Wanyama, Dembele, Tierney etc.. would build a squad worthy of CL football. If you manage to sell them for a huge profit, invest it in quality and continue building.

I can understand from an outside perspective it must look like we're spoiled fans 'won the treble treble and it's still not enough'. Domestically we've been spot on, but let's be honest, only because everyone else is so pish.

It's as if we have accepted that every couple of years, reaching the group stage and gaining a couple of points is enough. Realistically, we won't win the CL, but we could at least use our abundance of resources to be a force in Europe and an attractive proposition for top quality players.

We're getting fed up with the recycled rhetoric from the board, it's like * groundhog day.

thailandceltic likes this.
  6. Mr. Slippyfist

Lennon really needs to shut his * mouth!

How * dare HE attempt to have a go at the Celtic support over our frustration and downright anger over the Cluj debacle - are we to accept 2nd best or mediocrity? Well, despite going by how this * is trying to paint it, we * do not!

That's weeks now we've been listening to his * over how many players he "wants" in, or how hard him and his crew are "working away in the background" - no * is interested in yer soundbites Neil. How about you do your * job and get us the players in to make this squad better, get the team playing better fitba and start producing results.

Not the first time he's treated fans with utter contempt - maybe actually try taking some of the blame for your shortcomings ffs.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We are close....

8. dmccourt95

That’s twice he’s tried to dismissed fans concerns as if we are all idiots. Keep doing that and being useless tactically and see how far that gets ye

9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Said it once and I’ll say it again, I’m really starting to dislike the Lennon. He’s a * Celtic fan, he should understand what pressure is on the team from the fans with regards to CL and incoming transfers. Not once has he taken any responsibility for the Cluj disaster.

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sounds like he's a midge's * away from the sarcy WGS-esque responses

Artorias and cfc_kenny like this.
  11. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I do like Lennon, he's usually candid and amicable, probably great at motivating. Unfortunately his appointment always appeared a step backwards to me. I think Deila began to implement new ideas and a culture to the club which were the perfect stepping stone for Rodgers to come in and develop. Once he left, there was an opportunity to kick-on again and aim high. However, I'm concerned that whatever we were building has been scrapped and rather than continuing to evolve we will regress to square 1.

Agreed, he would get a lot more respect if he held his hands up and said 'I made some tactical errors in the game and have to take some of the blame'. Instead it's been 'we were poor first half, great 2nd half (conceded 3 goals). 'We scored 3 goals' etc..

1 goal would have been fine if we'd won the game.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  12. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Some of his comments are ridiculous tbh... ''We've lost one game, and we scored 3 goals in it. It's not all doom and gloom... '' * sake man :87:

13. Mr Diggler

I am not sure it is wise from Lennon to describe reactions as hysteria. I think for many- me included the one real positive of Lennon getting the job was that he was here for 5 months at the end of the season and had got to know the players, had been involved in transfer targeting, had a good 2 months to get in players we needed and had some goodwill if not universal after the cup final. But now the continuity that I saw as a real positive means nothing. Dumped out of the champions league, very poor transfer business and contradictory press conferences are creating a bit of a toxic mix. Lets hope the players answer the critics tomorrow night. A good performance can get most back on board. A poor one and well its a long way back..........

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

So he's lying?

15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Think Lenny needs to get off his high horse to be honest. He used to say some daft things last time round, but there’s an arrogance about him now I don’t really like.

We need reinforcements and results, then we can talk about criticising fans who pay their hard earned cash to give Neil and others at the club the nice, comfortable life’s they live, while they struggle to get by.

Had high hopes for this season but it looks like it’s ready to go * up, big time.

Artorias likes this.
  16. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That's what it reminded me of. We have been going into qualifiers for literally years with makeshift back lines. Years. We have actually got weaker at the back as the window has gone on. Same old trick of punting top talent on last day of window(Tierney deal was done weeks before the English window closed. They have a contingency plan tho...)

I think they are lucky there will be people turning up to upcoming games. Sick to death of the board.

17. murphy88

Wow. "There has to be sense of perspective." "We scored 3 goals, it's not all doom and gloom."

We conceded 4 goals at home to an aging and bang average Cluj team and got papped out the Champions League in the process. All this whilst playing McGregor out of position. I would say the ciritcism is justified. Astonishing that Lennon hasn't accepted that he played a big part in the defeat.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I don't blame Lennon for being sarcastic. Some of the abuse is way over the top and everyone knows it.

19. Martybhoy53

3rd September 2019 " we are actively trying to bring in 3 or 4 players". NL :blahblah1:blahblah1:blahblah1

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He could still bring in 3 or 4 out of contract players on the 3rd.

Seriously though does anyone think he is lying and is happy with the business up until now?

Course he isn't. I believe Neil believes we will get these players. People out with his control keep making him look like a mug.