1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic depress me !!!!!! But was there EVER another outcome after Treble/Treble?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Shauny, Aug 21, 2019.

Discuss Celtic depress me !!!!!! But was there EVER another outcome after Treble/Treble? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    [​IMG]

Well I know I am about to type what most are feeling just now. I said in a recent Podcast the COMEDOWN from the Treble/Treble could be AWFUL, and it's shaping up to be this way. 9 Trophies, a few decent European nights to wet the appetite, it was amazing times. Sadly we have gone backwards. The Treble/Treble is history, * I loved it, it will be remembered as one of the best periods in the Clubs history books, but for Lenny and the board it was always going to be a hard act to follow. But what a few years it was!! It was NEVER going to last!
    [​IMG]

Take for example Alex Ferguson stepping aside as Manchester United Manager. The best manager on EARTH was always going to fail, not one manager in the World could have kept Man United at the top of their game. With the Treble/Treble it's the same thing, how do we match it or even better, better it. Facts are we can't. I warned in July on a Podcast that a HUGE COMEDOWN was imminent if we didn't start well and especially not get into the Champions League.

[​IMG]

Should we not get into the the Europa League and get beat by THEM in a few weeks, absolute ECSTASY AND JOY of the Treble/Treble will turn into * for the Boardroom, players, manager and fans. I am always upbeat about Celtic and very rarely do I criticize as it's counter productive, you support or you don't. So even writing this is hard for the likes of me. But could the board have kept going higher, kept the club going up the way? I think they could have. We lost so many brilliant players and didn't replace with the same quality, by all accounts our new CB and LB are TERRIBLE, and this comes from within the Celtic dressing room. Check when Celtic play, nobody passes to Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo, the last few games he has been WIDE OPEN only for players to turn the other way, this is a sign his team-mates are not all too keen on trusting him. To think only a few years ago we fans were in dreamland demanding the Club 'GO FOR IT' and it was amazing times.[​IMG]

Now we are 50/50 for Europa League and we don't look clever at all at the back, the players in general look tired and their minds not right. The assured play we had a few seasons back has been replaces with a fragility and almost fear in the players, and this transfers to the stands. Empty stands for sure for many games coming. I love Celtic, but we MUST one day try to do more. Sure we are selling and buying players for more now, breaking records is our new thing. But to have £10M in 2 Defenders on the bench for the most important game of our season speaks volumes. Does Neil Lennon have the final say on who Celtic sign? My guess is no. He has said many times since the end of last season "This is the end of a cycle", basically players will move, and new ones coming in. He said when asked if KT was leaving "We have a contingency plan", I fail to see it. We needed cover for KT even if he stayed, so this is bad by the club. The new right back seems a decent player, but he too needs backup. This could be the season of utter come downs, or we could win the treble again and do well in the Europa Cup. Sadly it does not look like that is going to happen. I pray I am wrong.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shauny
    @ShaunyCeltic

Paul McAuley and Whoflungdung like this.
  2. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm not too bothered about the Europa League this season but a draw at Ibrokes is important. Don't want to fall behind them relying on other teams to take points off them.

3. annieroos83

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Rangers still aren't a good team, though; the two games we lost last season were down to them playing outwith themselves, and us being utterly dog-*. Even then it took some luck for them to get goals (the great Morelos still hasn't found our net).

4. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Big Gaffa is in the building

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Personally think we need europa badly. The house of cards are falling. * falling around us.

Signed squinty king.

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    How about a win?

7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Lawwell is downgrading us to a Europa league outfit, * if I'm playing along

8. oh bhoy

Quadruple treble is how you top it and it ain't beyond the realms of possibility .whoever decided to put Lennon in charge or not strengthen the team in any way is responsible for putting that in jeopardy

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I cringe looking at this

Screenshot_20190821_142534.jpg

Shauny likes this.
  10. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Chance to build and put these * in the rear view but typical Celtic back to biscuit tin

11. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Sadly I think they have improved going by their recent results and the run at the end of last season. We'll need to be at our best and switched on defensively. Then you have the atmosphere to contend with. The Referee will fold with our fans stuck in that corner as well. Discipline is key also on our part.

12. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    A draw away from home v them would do nicely putting us in pole position Minty.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd * love to empty that stadium by 60 minutes being 4 or 5 up.

Shauny, paulie walnuts and Moore like this.
  14. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Aww mate!!! My keggs would be at my ankles in the boozer to be honest...

15. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    They are not as good as the media would have you believe.
    We should be going there looking for 3 points.

Shauny, Moore and Jeannie960 like this.