1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mince.Charming

Get a * grip, ya pair of fannys !

2. Mince.Charming

* never thought I'd see the day tbh.
    * makes me raging !
    The one guy that should be giving time and understanding.
    He just won the treble, no matter how much * try and discredit him.
    Do people actually blame him for having his back up, when he sees the way some of our so called fans are turning on him.

3. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    You read from all these people moaning in the Tierney thread about a lack of loyalty but you can see on here the respect given to a person who showed great loyalty to the club despite risks to him and his family. If this is the thanks you get then players should just follow the dollar. It's legitimate to express your views on his limitations/ability but to ridicule a great servant to the club should just not happen.

4. Mince.Charming

Exactly mate. * sheep, no class, respect or understanding for a Legend.
    It's worrying if this is the way our fanbase is heading.

5. Bonobhoy

Yep,i had to take a break for a few days,* sickening stuff from our so called own.

Lawell is the MAIN problem here,Lenny has to stand up a little more and stop playing * tactics/formations.

As said the other day,Aint interested in EL,playing Thurs/Sundays....We need a bit of stability and an easy run of games with players playing far better,in Europe we get ripped and it doesnt help,plus the money is * anyways and it all goes in Lawells pockets anyways.

Concentrate on League and Cups,eventually pray we get rid of Lawell and bring in people that have a better outlook for us in the futurre as a great force at home and in Europe.

6. Murph-E

Nope, it's actually still a lot of money. Our players won't develop solely playing St. Mirren and Ross County over and over again, either.

It's very important we secure Europa League football if/when we * up CL qualifications.

Mickmac and CydonianWaffle like this.
  7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    July...* me. I'll edit my post.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm sure he is putting pressure on Lawwell. It's not as simple as airing all our dirty laundry in a PC.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Wanyama banned * from here. :56:

Slaw likes this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

That actually him? * like a broken record.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye it’s him.

12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Lennon could air dirty laundry on Lawwell, through third parties.

13. murphy88

He can't be furious at the lack of backing. Lennon took the job knowing fine well what like this board is. It's the reason he walked out on us before. He is in the job because our board went down the cheap option route and Lennon was in no position to turn it down as he would never have been offered a job anywhere near as big again.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  14. SuperZidane

Spot on. Some of the criticism of Lennon on here is unacceptable and descending to personal insults which is just not on.

However, we are back where we were in May with a lot of reasonable debate on Lennon and a few extremists on either side.

There are a few on here that simply cannot abide any criticism of Lennon and have an excuse for everything. I personally didn't want him back - his record since leaving us is pretty woeful and a lot of the football since he returned is poor.

IMO - he simply does not have the tactical ability to a manage a club like Celtic today. He was schooled tactically by Steve Clark's Kilmarnock and also by the Huns (the backroom team as opposed to SG). In that Rangers game - we were tactically outplayed for 93 minutes - Lennon and co were not able to make tactical changes and resorted to like for like substitutions. Contrast that with BR when we went down to 10 men at Ibrox - he changed the shape, brought on Edouard and we won the game.

Like most people on here - I could write volumes on Lawwell. However, this is not an excuse for Lennon. He discussed terms, budget etc with Lawwell and signed on the dotted line so that's on him.

If Lawwell is reneging on promises then Lennon should make a stand but IMO he won't - let's face facts - he was out of work in Feb and, if he did make a stand or leave - there is not going to be a queue of clubs waiting to sign him up.

So he either knew about this strategy when he signed up and/or he's happy to go along with it and keep his job.

One thing that hasn't changed is his inability to accept any form of criticism - he never could. I'm afraid the last straw for me was his presser after the Cluj debacle - nothing is ever his fault.

I completely respect Lennon's contribution to our club - that's why I wish he had gone after the Cup final. You cannot live on past achievements - if the situation doesn't improve, it will end badly for him which no-one would wish to see.

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That wouldn't be good for Celtic and would be a bit of a weasel move that, frankly, wouldn't fit with his character.

16. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It reminds me of a Lenny quote not so long ago when all of what you mention transpired - the tempering of fan expectations etc.
    It went something like:
    “We’ll be looking to add to the squad but we may need to move some players on before we bring any in”

That statement coming from Lennon felt like he had to quell the supporters expectation to bring in more player immediately.

Another statement in an interview, “not qualifying for the CL could hamper our squad strengthening efforts”

Shoot the messenger IMO. Lawwell should be out with some statements of intent to support the manager and be the face of the strategy given we haven’t qualified for the CL yet again.

He just wouldn’t, he only comes out for the parties.

17. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    It could end badly for all of us.....................on the other hand it could end up brilliant.....

18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Undermining Lawwell is good for the club, since he is the one holding us back.

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The board are holding us back in tandem with lawwell.

Bankier for me is the * here, I said years ago when he attacked the fans at the AGM he shouldn’t have been allowed to leave that room as the chairmen of Celtic!

He is the one going on about

“value for shareholders”
    “Economical stability”
    “Cash for infrastructure”
    “Money is in bank for club”

Let me put that in our language

Big dividends
    Must run at profit
    Build a hotel, disco lights
    Not being spent on first team

Lawwel is a * but Bankier is * Tory *!!!

20. Murph-E

When was the last time our manager or board came out with a strong, emphatic statement about strengthening the squad? Not "maybe", "hoping to under the right terms" or with a "but" at the end. Just a clear "we WILL be strengthening our team" statement with no add-on.

seanm likes this.