1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Am still waiting on our actual transfer business kicking in

2. Keano88

I’m still waiting on the 3 in before Cluj!

merthyn, Fontaine, Murph-E and 3 others like this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye Anno mate that has to be the best one yet!

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I could even understand it if we brought in a few SPFL players ffs lol, but not a thing happening as the days go by and we near the end of the window, working hard behind the scenes ?

My * ! :93:

Hammy89 likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's made far too many excuses now..

Just pure *..

Busy preparing for game's. So our ceo or Hammond can't sort it out whilst a game isn't going on?

English window..

Happy with the squad..

Needs more quality..

3/4/5 in by the weekend..

You could go on and on and on..

It's pathetic how long it's taking us. Then are we just gonna skip the part where we've had more knock backs than last order's in Sub Club. I've never known a club as big as us to have so many failed bids and player's turning us down..

Mr Shelby and Hammy89 like this.
  6. Roskopicachu

ourdaywillcome! and Antz1888 like this.
  7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Check the nick of those names. Where we signing them from, Game of Thrones?

Artorias, MacEwan, Fontaine and 6 others like this.
  8. jambo_cfc

9. celtic warrior

Why do we even bother.

I dunno really, maybe it's because of pressures in my life outside of football that i just don't have time for this type of *.

I love the club, but everything going on right now just doesn't seem right, something seems off, we've failed countles times in a managers first season to qualify for CL but i think after years and years of the same pattern and routine fans are getting fed up with it all and it's really starting to show.

I can't put my finger on it, so that what i say makes any sense. I'm just tired of * and i can't be * with transfers anymore.

Edit: it's looking more and more like Snakes recruitment and success was the anomaly and just papering over our cracks for 2 and a bit years

10. Keano88

13 days now until the window closes.

RB and LB required as bare minimum.

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye and a CM and CB

12. Keano88

I think we could get away with what we have at CB if we were to sign a decent RB. We’d then have Ajer, Jozo, Jullien, Bitton and Elhamed as options.

I don’t think CM is that urgent a priority as we have at least 6 who are capable there. Maybe the lack of signing there will give a chance to an Eboue, Henderson, McInroy or Connell to break through like what happened with Christie last year.

At this moment I’d settle for just a LB and RB.

greengrocer and MickeyyMack like this.
  13. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    And a new manager :fear:

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  14. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    3 in, 5 out..

KDS..
    Usual grain of salt.
    :giggle1:

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brilliant.:56:

16. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    At a guess, Eboue, Ralston, Hayes, Hendry and Miller as the 5 out? I don't see us selling any big players, maybe Ntcham if we go out of europe.

The Thumb likes this.
  17. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Right come on to * Celtic even a LB and a RB as a minimum and I’ll be able to bare it :31:

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  18. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

No gonna lie, I’d prefer to keep Hayes cause I’d feel a lot more comfortable with him at LB than Boli. Early days I know.

19. Keano88

[​IMG]

Genuinely think we’ll sign him on deadline day.

Cover at LB and RB — two birds with one stone.

20. Foley26

3 in would be better than nothing but will still leave us short especially if Sinclair and any other first team squad members go such as Ntcham.

Badly need a left back Meiling seems a good shout but will probably only happen if Rosenborg lose to Dinamo Zagreb (which is pretty likely). Birk Risa the Norway U21 captain could be a good alternative Big Ajer could put a good word in. Say between £1.5mil to £2.5mil

A CDM is another must someone who can tackle and bring energy to the midfield and read the game well, none of our midfield track runners or read the defensive side of the game. Someone who can do that would work well with McGregors quality on the ball and Christie’s energy, guile and goal threat. Cifuentes seemed a good fit although is largely unknown, same with Quintero (but Lennon dismissed that). I would take the two Cifuentes say around £3mil and Quintero £1mil top. A more costly option would be AZ Alkmaars Teun Koopmeiners possibly out of our price range. Kevin N’Dorum or Junior Sambia of Metz and Montpelier may be just about affordable to us and offer good sell on value.

A back up right back is needed just in case El Hamed gets injured or loses form. Gumny looks good going forward but not sure we will pay what they are looking for around £6mil?

A CB particularly if we don’t sign another RB then good options could be Kolodziejczak (Tim) seems like a good option on a free who had a good loan at St Etienne last year in Ligue 1. Still only 27 and can also cover Left back. Another option is Denmark U21 CB Asger Sorenson at Nuremberg wouldn’t cost too much perhaps £2.5m?

Then a Left Winger/forward firstly not sure how far away Arzani is but I would like to see him get a go. Also Johnston is an exciting prospect but don’t want to burn him out playing 50+ games in his first full season. If we are looking for quality a loan move for Celta’s Sisto or a permanent but may be costly. They are keen to sell and I think he would bring quality to our team. Another option is RC Lens left winger Mounir Chouiar he is in French U20 team so Edouard may know him and has made a good start to Ligue 2 season. Or Coman from the Romania U21 team of the summer is still at Steua Bucharest and looked a real talent. Any of the above would improve our options for the left wing.

Another option if we are looking to go Two up top and Bayo doesn’t seem trusted would be either Tino Kadeware a 23 year old scoring for fun with Le Harve in Ligue 2 who looks a real talent and could work well with Edouard. Le Harve signed him from Djuargarden in Sweden for 2mil Euros what was a record transfer for them so I wouldn’t imagine he would be too expensive say £4-£4.5mil. An alternative and more of a penalty box striker, he was last seasons Czech league top scorer Nickolay Komlichenko. A Russian Striker who is 6,3 and scored just shy of 30 goals last season for Mlada Bolslav so probably wouldn’t cost a fortune.

Dazzler86 and tarboltontim like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.