1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Robert Gumny

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Von_Esper, Jan 25, 2019.

Discuss Robert Gumny in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team To Play For
    :banned:

2. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Spot on with this mate.

Said the exact same thing on here before that a bit of investment goes a long way in getting that huge reward. We could easily spend £10-15 million+ in adding quality additions every season and that would still turn a big profit for qualifying for the CL groups.

The board just like taking unnecessary risks. They never learn and never will.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No chance he's coming now..

Bin thread..

Rydo1888*, Artorias and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  4. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    More chance of gummy bear after last night

5. themouth1888

Aye you can lock this

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It was fun.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Might aswell change it Stephen O’Donnell

Artorias likes this.
  8. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

I’m depressed enough , dont even want to think about that

Tommy25 and Murph-E like this.
  9. saltire78

You're fundamentally wrong, which is why you're confused by the board. Our board aren't willing to take ANY risk. They won't spend any funds that they ALREADY HAVE in order to take a chance on funds that they MAY collect. They spectacularly lack vision outwith the business end of the 'company'.

They banked all the season ticket money, unloaded wages a d pocketed the Tierney money. Spending to reach the CL is a gamble of those funds as far as they're concerned. The only time in recent years when they reached out was to hire Ratgers, and that was on the back of the Scottish Cup defeat, where season ticket renewals were at stake. With us reestablishing dominance their 'risk' factor is back to a low. They MAY spend again at Christmas if we look in danger, but it's unlikely without selling someone else first.

We're just a cash cow to them, and our absolute unwillingness to fix our defense proves that. Out scoring teams allows us to showcase our forward players fir resale, since they sell for more...

10. D'Ecosse

You know what? I'm not blaming the board here - this is right down to Lennon.
    We already have a squad that should be more than capable of getting past CFR who have a fraction of our budget, with players who posses good talent without costing an arm and a leg and are simply much better coached. I'd take Petrescu in a heartbeat if we had chance to get him.
    Why are we constantly getting beat by teams who are minnows? Let's not blame the Qualifying schedule either - actually I think the opposite, we are * lucky to get those early qualifying legs in to get up to speed in competitive situation. And it proved well from a fitness perspective, so in my book those are a BONUS not a detriment. Yes, I would prefer not to play ANY qualifiers, but how bad COULD it have been if we HADN'T had those games? The SPL games proved that too, that those legs were valuable.
    We had £10 million in two players SIGNED THIS WINDOW to be starters left on the bench FFS!!! Either they are * and should never have been signed to begin with or it simply was a ridiculous decision.
    Mikey Johnson is going to be a fabulous player, but should never have been in a game of this magnitude. And how does he get replaced by Morgan???? Don't get me started on the McGregor thing - take our BEST creative midfielder and play him at left back? - already a proven failed experiment under Rodgers. I think this game was certainly calling for Ntcham but he should have played the 10, with Christie out left. McGregor where he belongs in midfield. Then either Jullien for a 3 centre back set, or Bolingoli at fullback.
    And having gone 3-2 ahead I thought right get Jullien on NOW and make sure we keep it tight at the back, while still being able to counter on the break, as they needed to come forward so we would STILL have had opportunities, especially from our front three.
    I'd have personally gone with three at the back and five in midfield with Christie off Eddie at that stage (or even vice-versa/interchanging) Boil and James on the flanks and Brown Ntcham and McGregor in the middle three. That would have been a solid defensive formation with the explosive quality from the flanks to break on the counter.
    So I'm not buying that crap about needing another goal at 3-2 to be safe - yeah? How did that work out, Neil? If it wasn't already obvious at 2-1 surely it was screaming at 3-2 to shore it up!
    It's easy to say - and I hate being down on NL because he is Celtic man through and through - but this is absolutely his fault, just tactically inept from both the starting line-up and the subs and formation. And our other Celtic man - John Kennedy - is the same. I was disappointed when he got the job that we didn't reach higher, but respect for the man 'hoped' he would bring great things to prove me wrong
    Our Offence is actually pretty good - three goals AT HOME should give you a win any day - Defence LOSES you games - it's easy to blame the players, the formation was just flat out wrong and inadequately coached (I'm tagging Kennedy with that)

OK - I'll reverse my opening statement - it IS the board's fault but because they took the easy/cheap way out (even if it was rewarding loyalty) by making NL the manager and JK the assistant, to begin with.
    Sorry Neil - you always have place in our hearts, but you're not the man we need to take us forward.

Back to the main theme - there's still £25M that has to come in from KT - we had better be spending that wisely and not buying dross to make up the numbers. You could only spend half of that and still get some quality (Gumny & Meling) and still some left over from that 12.5 for a right good midfielder. I'd be OK cashing in on Ntcham to enhance the pot if we get silly money for him and can sign a value (that does not mean cheap!) replacement (although would prefer him to stay if his head is straight). Which brings us to next point - can we can a decent scouting system in place? An out of work temporary CONTRACTOR with a TBD future, FFS????

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  11. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Good post:50:

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic target Robert Gumny is reportedly the subject of a move from Fiorentina.

But the Serie A’s side package is set to fail, with the terms not likely to be accepted by Lech Poznan.

Fiorentina are said to be tabling a bid of €5million plus Brazilian defender Gilberto for the right-back.

But it’s understood the Polish side want a bigger fee and are not interested in a player-exchange deal

The figures quoted for Gumny have been £6-7m.

Although Celtic have already signed a right-back, they are in the market for another one and Gumny is believed to on the club’s list of potential transfer targets.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    NOT A CHANCE

14. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Might aswell close this thread we’re not signing him now

Dannybhoy81 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  15. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  16. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  17. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    oops - missed that one.....
    might as well forget about it then :(

18. CountyDownFaithful

RB was the priority coming into this window and yes we have signed Elhamed who looks very competent and impressive so far.

But we have somehow managed to create a more urgent need for a LB by selling KT and bringing in Boli who looks very shaky (defensively!).

As it stands if Elhamed and Boli were to get injured we would only have Ralston and Hayes to fall back on. Get the money out and get the targets in - we are Celtic for * sake, we should be able to snap players up from the Polish and Norwegian leagues!

19. northeast67

How hard is it to scout and find a left back and a right back who actual know how to play the position, this boli looks like a massive mistake if be was signed to defend, he's rank rotton at his job.

20. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Gumny Bears