1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player/fan interactions, lack of communication on the park?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 17, 2019.

Discuss Player/fan interactions, lack of communication on the park? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Went down early today with the wee man to greet the players coming off the bus coming into CP - probably a cupla hundred folk gathered either side of the Celtic way - bus comes up, folk cheering and clapping. Lennon gets off first and gives a wee wave, fine - then every single other first team player for today (and subs) get off the bus, not even as much as a glance up or a single * wave towards the kids or adults standing giving them applause - ignorant * every one of them, all trudging off with their stupid * cordless earphones in not giving a *.

Then, sat almost on the touchline today - players almost every single one of them quiet as a mouse during play - no communication, no dictating, no shouting....nothing! Well, I tell a lie all you could hear every now and again was Callum McGregor's wee squeaky voice shouting for the ball. Big Gordon at the back was the only one I noticed the whole time offering any sort of guidance - when he ran out 25-30 yards to consult with Ajer after Jullien almost cost a goal, again.

Then the celebrations, or lack there of. Struggled like * today, and the majority of them players (Forrest aside, maybe on or two more) looked like they had just been beaten.

Where the * has the passion gone from this team? Where has the guts and guile gone? I dunno, but for * sake what a bunch of miserable looking * we have wearing our jersey this day in age.

*edit* fair * to Scott Bain - arrived on his own by the looks of it after the team bus had arrived, walked around outside getting photos with kids, gentleman*

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

They are still hurting from Wed too I guess, but aye worrying times.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Fans and players just looks utterly depressed. No wonder.

4. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    The whole mood today was just depressing.

5. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Auch that's * especially as you had your boy with you, good of Scott Bain to be a gentleman

TIART and freitassen like this.
  6. Mr. Slippyfist

The wee fella didnae know any different, it was the other poor weans who were upset not even getting as much as an acknowledgment from any of the players who they were shouting on.

bagforlife likes this.
  7. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

That's poor from them as they are idols to the weans, despite that did you and wee boy have a good day

8. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I imagine they got told to just focus on getting inside and not interacting with the fans in case they were still angry over midweek. Either that or they themselves wanted to show some determination and just get the job done. Still * poor from them though.

bagforlife likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The whole thing just felt horrible..

Was listening to sportsound whilst watching what I could and it sounded quiet as *....unless the crowd was booing or getting anxious..

10. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye it was pure pish mate, outsung and out atmosphere-d by the travelling support.

Fair play to the wee bunch of * with the drums up in the top section, whoever the * they are? Never stopped the full game. All 40 of them.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    At least your wee man got to see a winner bud :50:

The Bhoys I think that lot are..

12. Mr. Slippyfist

Naw he never, wee * ended up watching cartoons on ma phone for Mikey's goal, and wanted to go home at about 60mins :56::56::56:

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    :giggle1:

I know the feeling. Took my nephew (Palace) for a home game against Sheffield Wednesday for his birthday year's ago. Freezing cold and nil nil. * poor dull game so I took him up to Wimpy as he was greeting and heard 2 cheers on the way up..

Palace scored 2 with 20 to go :56:

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @Mr. Slippyfist got to agree got it on video today and the players didn’t acknowledge one fan!

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Horrible horrible atmosphere today