1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liam Morrison (Academy)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MickeyyMack, Aug 17, 2019.

Discuss Liam Morrison (Academy) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Celtic youngster Liam Morrison has completed a move to Bayern Munich.

The stopper, 16, had been tracked by the German giants for a number of months.

And the club confirmed they had completed the deal this afternoon.

Morrison will join up with the Munich academy side.

The youngster’s coach, Jochen Sauer, revealed his delight at snapping up the teen.

He told the club website: “Liam had many offers from well-known European clubs.

“We are very glad that he has decided for us. He is a robust, physically strong defender who also brings a lot of quality.”

It is understood Hoffenheim were also keen to land the player before he opted for Munich.

Don’t think we should be letting academy players move on if they are deemed Valuable prospects for the future.
    We have brought through a long list of Academy players and long may it continue.

2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    * Shambles, he was very highly rated as well!

MickeyyMack likes this.
  3. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Don’t understand it, We should be keeping a hold of our Talented Academy players, not sending them to Europe to be developed by other clubs who then reap the rewards in the Future.

4. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Did he have a contact with Celtic, maybe he didn't want to stay

5. Gurru 991

BBC saying that he hadn't signed a contract with Celtic.

simpy likes this.
  6. Mr. Slippyfist

If he wanted to leave, then * it he's gone.

It is what it is, we take academy players and highly rated players from other teams, it happens in fitba.

Good luck to the lad, but * it he's nothing to do with Celtic anymore.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

When talking about Morrison literally weeks ago; The Hoops boss said: "That’s not going to happen.” His exact words.

Like I said, Lenny’s public comments are both contradictory and consistently bizarre these days.

8. saltire78

Days of slave-like contracts for the youth players is gone, so statements like that mean nothing. Also, a quick snippet like 'that's not going to happen ' is so out of context that we don't even know what he was asked...

He's a kid, he's free to move, offered a bigger club, he's gone... the world keeps turning, the club carries on...

9. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Bayern or Celtic, * would you choose. Mini Dembele will probably be offski next after we give him * all game time, our attitude to the youths is shocking, especially when almost every senior player is *.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Correct it means nothing, so why say it?

"There is interest from Germany but Liam’s our player and we want to develop him.

"We're not accepting any – or are open to any – offers for him. I think we’re un negotiations over a new contract."

There’s the rest, need any more context?

You also seem to have quoted me then went on a rant about how the world keeps moving? I’ve not said a thing about the wee guy or the fact he’s moved to Bayern....

11. Mr. Slippyfist

Lennon is an intelligent guy, and is well spoken.

But to be honest, I'm thinking his pressers and soundbites are as cringeworthy and embarrassingly inaccurate as any of the * Fraudgers hit out with.

Both absolutely full of crap.

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Agreed mate, my entire point.

Thing is, he was never like that in his first stint. He’s developed it when he’s been away or he’s copying the weasel.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

Nah, he's always spoken * to some degree - I remember the first time he was here as manager and he described Shaun Maloney's performance (in a right awful game where our entire team was at best *) as "world class" :43:

He's also in the past spoken about a particular set of the Celtic support with complete contempt over Republican Views, and after they spoke out about UEFA, something along the lines of "not real fans and not welcome at the club".

But aye, for someone who words his wording so well, he's extremely incoherent when it comes to consistency.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’d lock anyone up with that opinion of that wee * :fear:

15. Mr. Slippyfist

'Bout time that Roberto Martinez was put in his place...

16. saltire78

Ok, firstly, I didn't quote you as any kind of attack on what you said, so if it seemed like that, I'm sorry.

Secondly, I didn't see any direct quotes, so didn't have any context, but the line repeated back is useless to make, and given that Lennon is usually great with what he says I'd have been amazed if he'd just said it arbitrarily. In a context like 'just give him up without trying to keep him? That's not going to happen!', then yes.

Third, nowhere in the quote you just posted does he say 'that's not going to happen' which was my exact point. My concern was media manipulation of what's actually said, to fit a narrative of defeat when the inevitable occurs. We're under a serious propaganda attack of negativity at the moment.

Lastly, reading the end my own quote back, it does sound a bit snippy, but it wasn't meant to * on anyone who's unhappy/confused, but rather that he's just a kid. Maybe he'll be epic, maybe he'll be dumped by Bayern in a years time and finish up at clyde... ultimately it means * all of serious note to us in the current climate... of players out, and players in this one doesn't really bother me at all.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  17. Mr. Slippyfist

Shat yersel...

18. celtic warrior

19. saltire78

:56:

Yeah, because we all know the celtic blog bogeyman hunts at night... :101:

Nah. I've no problem admitting I'm wrong/out of context if it happens. No beef with the poster, and they're usually on the money...

PaulM1888 likes this.
  20. Mr. Slippyfist

Haha.