1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully we win 36-0 the day so talk celtic becomes a good place again where we can all start arguing over a load of * instead of how bad we are. Good times.

seanm likes this.
  2. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

I am nearing done debating with you. You just outright refuse to acknowledge what he has acheived overall. What did he do at Bolton and and hibs!? Pretty certain he saved Bolton from relegation in season 1. And have you seen where Bolton are now? It was a sinking ship long before Lennon hot there. I doubt there is a manager in the land that could turn that around. Ironically when Lennon left Bolton's demise just accelerated. He also took hibs back to spfl and got a decent finish too. The end of his tenure at hibs wasn't the greatest but from the outside looking in it appears the hibs player just didn't like the hairdryer treatment. Hibs should have stood by a manager demanding top standards and not sided with a snowflake squad.

I don't ''jump on any person" who appears anti Lennon at all. It's a forum for giving a point of view. Just most on here don't have a anti-lennon agenda. I would say majority who disagreed with his appointment actually said he is here now, let's give him a chance. You however, from what I have seen, you do not fall in that category. You have basically been campaigning since he was linked to the job to where we are now that he is the wrong man. Yet you acknowledge you got caught up with the Rafa and Mourinho talk. That is simply delusional am afraid. And that is why you will continue to campaign against Lennon because you want a manager that has some kind Hollywood name.

Didn't even watch the game ibrox because you was fuming with the lineup!? Win lose or draw I'll watch Celtic all the way. Yes, that day Rodgers got it very wrong but I certainly don't think anyone could have looked at the lineup that day and predicted how poor we were going to be. Again though you are just using that to suit your Lennon agenda.

And this thing about whoring myself out for likes, if my comments are getting more likes than your and it hurts your feelings then that's your issue. Am not fishing for likes, infact am sure I have some opinions that won't always be popular and I will stand by them too. What I wouldnt do is set about n agenda to discredit everything our current manager does when majority of it is unjustified. As I say the cluj performance was just not good enough. And most on here have raised very fair criticism of that. Which again is fair enough, you however have been waiting for this I told you so moment. You refuse to see we are at a very transitional point. From last season we are missing Tierney, boyata, to extent benkovic and lustig. I have far more faith I Lennon to replace that backline than I would have with the rat. We might even have been Fielding Hendry and compper the other night. Again though, you don't acknowledge the tough task at hand. You are just being ouright opportunistic. Like I said, the damage to our team was done before we even had been drawn cluj. We have many of good player that has left and not been replaced. From my point of view that is lack of investment, scouting and preparations that go way back to Lennon getting the job.

You have your opinion. I have mine. We are clearly never going to agree on the Lennon thing at this point in time. The difference is I acknowledge cluj wasn't good enough but it is his first mistake since coming back. A mistake many decent managers of Celtic have made. So he still gets my backing. Your viewpoint however is one that jumps at any opportunity to say I told you so. And it doesn't appear that opinion is going to change at any point either.

So enjoy your weekend, am sure you will continue to try and find reasons as to why you are right and I am wrong. For now though, am done debating with you.

3. Roskopicachu

When you look at it, the Europa Groups could be quite decent.
    Quite a few big teams have dropped out in the qualifiers.
    Cluj can upset the odds in the next game.

Moral takes a hit if you drop a player like Sinclair,
    and i don't know if Lennon is really that smart or just gun-ho. I'm all for attack, attack, attack
    but it's also wrong to completely disregard all the work Rodgers did. At times you still need to play possession
    football.

Especially with so many games coming up. Tacitcally dropping Scott Sinclair's a * move from Lennon.
    People go on about Jullien not playing, but Bitton looks brilliant at centre back in terms of possession. What i mean is, things we noticed about the work pre-season and last season was completely disregarded. Bolingoli got slated in the press and so did Sinclair. Jullien got it a bit. None play.

The sign of a tactically naive manager is when you need to make 3 subs to change the system after 30 minutes.

I get the heebie-jeebies anytime that happens and so far we've never had a manager who never did that once.
    Generally we've kicked on afterwards.

Might work out better finding that out now, rather than in a league game. Meaning for me the treble is more important than Europe for me at least.
    Far as i'm concerned when our own league kicks off you try a stunt out like that and drop league points it could cost the title or a cup.

It's only two games in on the league and so far both teams won both games. Both teams are going for the goal difference. We maybe let that go to our heads a little.

So far the only complaints i've got are the way Lenny talks about Sinclair and the anger issues. Any of that rears it's head i'd have him out the door.
    Otherwise he's perfectly capable of working out the old firm game and he now knows what not to even think about doing in that game.
    Huge game to lose to make that discovery, but as soon as i heard Tom English wetting his lips about the selection i couldn't believe my ears.

Then when i looked at the subs bench i was honestly like, oh no, the manager's took the game too lightly. No Scotty Sinclair. A player who looks like he's one of the fittest players in the squad.

If it happens again you've problems, but Lenny is here to handle Ibrox and for me that's the big challenge this season. That and obviously winning the Europa Cup. Lol, no as long as we do 9 and win both cups. Europe's just to get some cash in. Travesty to go out so early, but AIK will be a lot lighter on us looking at the first game at Ibrox. We need to win all games and losing to Cluj is an experience that can hopefully galvanize things.

Tell you what though, weeks running up to a game like this, Sinclair's angling a move you can sort of understand why Lenny made every decision he did, but in a game like this against Cluj you need to play your big name players with Premiership experience.

The board were gonna knock back a bid for Ajer, but sell Tierney tells you everything you need to know about the board.

Bhoyyo likes this.
  4. seanm

love lenny but he is 100 percent to blame for that * team line up and repeating what rodgers did * was he thinking .half the support dont want him the other half do but by * another calmac issue and he will lose the other half. i know * all about football my brothers do and my * they still havent got over this. * at best from lennon and worse that he didnt change it against clug after ten minutes when everyone in the stadium was * shouting at him to do it . * *. love the lurgan sodbuster but that was a man off his head to do that. i wonder if kennedy and duff said to him not to do it or to change it.dont get me started on a * celtic board with * tories on it while we collect for foodbanks. get them so far to * from our club. a * disgrace .i would love to bring back brother walfrid and see him kick 40 shades of * out of our board.time for another celts for change or are we all green coloured lemmings licking lawells *. love the club hate the * board sitting on about 60 * million squid and we have to move calmac to accommodate ntcham the technician who doesnt even want to be here. * him.HH

Lilac Wine and Cupid Stunt like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON has refused to get caught up in the HYSTERIA of Celtic’s Champions League exit.

The Hoops manager launched a strong defence of the club’s players and board.

And Lennon stood by his decision to play Callum McGregor at left-back in the Euro defeat to Cluj.

He said: “We’ve had two days of hysteria and vitriol, which you have to accept.

But there has to be a sense of perspective. You have to keep a level head.

“We have the makings of a very good team. This is a setback. We have to lick our wounds, come back and keep improving.

“The fans are entitled to their opinion. Who am I to argue with that? It’s their club.

“It’s the same every year whether we get through or not

Fans live on the edge and their wits some times.

“It’s expectation. I’ve lived with it for a long, long time

Going out of the Champions League hurts everyone because of the gravitas and what it means to the supporters. They crave it.

“I don’t understand the vitriol at times, but you accept that as well.

We all wanted the Champions League. But we have to accept it’s not going to be this year.

It’s a bitter blow because I wanted it as much as anyone, but we’re over it.

Lennon insists he’s happy with the Celtic board’s backing this summer as he defended McGregor’s left-back role in midweek.

He said: “I understand people wanting to look at the Callum situation. But that wasn’t the reason we lost the game. It didn’t really have a huge bearing.

“He set up the first goal and he almost scored in the second half. He played quite well.

“In terms of being on top of the game, we were 2-1 and 3-2 up in the second half. At that stage the selection is justified.

“If people want to be critical about the recruitment then that’s fine, I understand that.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yes, Callum made offensive contribution to our cause. But surely Lennon has to see he isn't a good defender?!

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

What he achieved at Bolton and Hibs is very far from deserving a 2nd shot at the Celtic job. If it was any other manager you wouldn’t be making this argument, only because it’s Neil Lennon. He saved Bolton from relegation? Think of the countless mediocre managers that have done the same with other teams. Then he only got Hibs promoted once Hearts and Rangers had been promoted already. He only finished on 71 points when Stubbs had 70 both previous seasons and did better in the cups. He didn’t come in and revitalise Hibs, it was just good timing. Just like both times he got the Celtic job.

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  8. Cupid Stunt

It was never a debate in the first place.

It was just you skirting around any questions or comments that contradict your argument.

Continuing to throw out a party line that I've already addressed as being untrue.

Continuing to put words in my mouth and make general assumptions about me that have already been proven to be false.

That whole post was a Hail Hail away from you becoming this forums answer to Ruth Davidson.

9. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Sure we can all look forward to the next time you want to rip into Lennon. Which I have no doubt won't be too long weather it be justified or not.

In the mean time I will enjoy watching Celtic, getting behind Lennon and ready to enjoy 9 then 10.

You just enjoy yourself getting ripped into every word Lennon at every opportunity you can.

The fact your last post has absolutely nothing to do with Neil Lennon and everything to do with me seems like I upset you. Perhaps all your points have been addressed or perhaps your a sensitive soul.

But as I say, enjoy your weekend mate. Am bored, am done.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  10. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I’ve seen enough, get rid now before he * our season.

11. Aidan O’Shea

Cluj was strike one. This would be strike two.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  12. obafgkmlt The Unseen Fenian American SpaceTeuchter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Jules
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Is this a bad dream?

13. kmg

Do you think the board will sign anyone better - No decent manager is going to go to a club that strips it of it's best assets every year and instead looks to signing cheap duds from outside the EU

14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You mean like nearly every other team at our level?

15. Cupid Stunt

That post is so ironic it's unreal.

I can't be arsed going back through every time you've quoted me, but all you've done is focus on me, how I've acted and how you believe I will behave in the future.

Find evidence of me "ripping" in to Lennon at every opportunity?

Look through the match thread from today and I think you'll find I've far from ripped in to him in comparison to what is being said in there.

Your hard on with me is weird to say the least.

You've said that about three times already, let's see how desperate you are to have the last word.

16. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing
    Surly no one can defend him after this... Lennon and kennedy both need to gtf...

17. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Back to struggling to beat 1st division sides he's pish

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Imagine our support being disappointed at failing our second biggest objective of the season. :87:

Valhalla and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Followed by Lawwell. No one should he be sitting in his cushy position Appointing another manager his time is Up. Complete shakeup needed

shaw1888 likes this.
  20. Mr. Slippyfist

Just back from the game, had to leave early as the wean was getting restless.

The team today and the majority of players, absolutely * useless.

Lennon playing with two strikers, Griff ending up dropping deep left and deep right, Eddy doing his usual floating about deep wherever he wants, whilst mostly Christie playing further forward than the two of them.

Flat, lacklustre and just completely rotten.

Feels like a Lenny team of old...