1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will we or won't we

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jacob knows, Aug 15, 2019.

Discuss Will we or won't we in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cringer67

Having a £7m CB on the bench hasn't done us much good , He may well turn out to be brilliant, here's hoping. Until we see this , we cannot categorically say he is as good as benkovic/Boyata purely on his price tag. Christie I agree with, however You're re basically slating Tierney as a player now to suit your argument, which is ridiculous. I think we are definitely weaker, we can agree to disagree i guess.

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Isn't it true though? Tierney missed over half the season, and wasnt fit for the part he played. When fit he is brilliant, but he wasnt last season.

CB on the bench is the managers fault. Is he as good as rodgers? No. Was rodgers at his best last year while actively wanting out and had celtics worst start in 20 odd years?

Were not that bad to suddenly turn the huns into favourites ffs. Watch us smash them in 2 weeks then go on to loose to some * team after for the merrygoround to start again.

3. Cringer67

Half a season and half fit or not is still 1000 x better than what we've seen so far so i stand by that. I dont think Rodgers was perfect and I don't think the huns are favourite. I think it will be neck and neck. I don't think we are a bad team domestically, however the unique set up of Scottish football means that if you can beat the rest then you will, by definition, automatically challenge. I think the scum are in a position, like us, to beat the rest of the dross consistently. They have already show last season they can wipe the floor with us at their * pit and i'm not looking forward to going there first. I would love nothing more than you to be right by the way and we do go there and smash them. If we do then accept my apology in advance.

4. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    We are going backwards as much as they are catching up . All we are doing is encouraging them . They are fancying themselves more by the week. Massive massive game coming up

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

5. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes, we'll win the league, and we'll win it next year. We have to. Everyone associated with the club will understand this, and we'll do what we have to do to make sure we achieve the ten in a row. Despite his limitations, Neil remains the right manager to get us there. He knows what it means. It'll mean every bit as much to him as it does to us. Keep the Faith.

StPauli1916 and Whoflungdung like this.
  6. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
  7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Yes, i think we will win the league, our attack is very good and very few teams will be able to handle us.

It shouldn't be a "think" tho, more-so a "definitely" We still have 2 weeks to properly sort this mess with some signings.

8. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    our attack is very good and very few teams will be able to handle us............100% right

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We will win the league with a bit to spare.

Not concerned in the slightest.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    We do need to get out backline sorted though and I said that before Tuesdays defensive shambles. I like El Hemed what I have seen so far there at right back. Looks like he could prove to be a very good signing for us. Julian Ajer and Simunovic are the senior centers backs and all good enough to do the job I feel but we need 4 senior center backs so would like to see us sign another center back this month plus another left back. We would only need to sign a midfielder if Ntcham is sold before the end of this window which I can see happening.
    In fairness our start to the season has been good and even last night we had plenty of chances to win that game in the second half. But we did not and clearly for us to have a big season we need some work on our backline no question about that. But given we have lost our entire starting back 4 from last season that is not really a surprise. I do not think we are that far off though. Julian will settle in and El Hemed looks good so for me the main focus for the rest of this window has to be a center back and a left back. Only needing a midfielder if Ntcham is sold as I suspect he might well be.

11. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The huns will drop less points this season, so little margin for error for us. I'll make my judgement on this properly when the window slams shut next week. I firmly believe we will add at least another 3 players.