1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Frasbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    i was happy with the way we were attacking in the 2nd half, heart broken at watching my favorite bhoy playing left back tho.
    sitting in the Lisbon lions end and the place was bouncing.
    il reserve judgement till after we play the Zombies.

Gully Sands and Lilac Wine like this.
  2. Frasbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    what is that all about by the way ?!?!?!?!

3. Darnok

Skeletor is a filthy postmodernist then.

4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Well it * well wouldn’t be Bin Laffin.

paulo123 and Lilac Wine like this.
  5. eastcorkbhoy

Playing Calmac as left back was a huge error. Balance of team was wrong. Scott Brown unfortunately is caught for pace. But, I think we should have seen this coming. Qualification for the Champions League is so difficult now. Proper investment and scouting seems to be down graded. The board must take some blame and Rodgers must take blame for leaving during the season and putting the Club in crisis. Gutted over last night.

Gully Sands and Lilac Wine like this.
  6. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Folks will point to the Treble Treble and say, "How can you complain in what is one of the most successful periods in Celtic's history?" but something I've noticed is that the more years you've supported Celtic, the less you crave the individual titles and cups, and the more you crave a sense of progress, of evolving, of graduating to a higher footballing pedigree. We got a sense of that in the beginning under Rodgers (3-3 Man City), but as time went on he showed * all of note in Europe.

Under Lennon there was optimism of a return to a pragmatism in Europe. And on Tuesday night we saw anything but pragmatism. What irks me is that the tactical errors are so unlike what you'd expect from Lennon. One can't help but assume that the differences between the board and Lennon are already beginning to manifest on the pitch.

This defeat to Cluj is a bitter one for sure, but I'm hearing stuff like, "Our worst ever European result" and I think woah there, let's not get carried away. We've had worse. We have seasons like this. The road to CL group stage qualification is littered with banana skins. Cluj wasn't the first and certainly won't be the last. Doesn't make it a bad season. Getting cunted out of the EL playoffs? Now that's what a bad season would look like.

NL's first campaign was in the Europa League group stage, and it was a good setting for a new team to gel.

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Who’s gelling? Only played one new player on Tuesday night they should be pretty * gelled otherwise.

thailandceltic likes this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Or you could just assume, correctly, that Lennon isn't a very good manager.

As has been said, the board isn't the issue in this case - as much as we all think Lawwell's a *. Lennon had £10m worth of defenders on the bench. That was his decision. He signed Jullien at the end of June and he still isn't deemed fit enough to play in these massive games. That's Lennon's job to ensure he is fit enough for them.

It was also his decision to play our best midfielder at left back. Not the boards decision.

9. john2061

A big 2 weeks coming up for Lenny and wouldn't like to see the reaction in here if we get put out of the play off and thumped by the zombies .
    So he needs to get a settled back four and no more McGregor at * left back and get into the Europa cup and no worse than a draw at the bigotdome and things should be ok for now .

10. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Can't blame Rodgers for us getting beat 4-3 at home. Rodgers left us in the middle of last season, Lennon picked the pieces up but we have had the whole of the summer to get players in to sort "the crisis" . Poor recruitment and bad game management cost us.

11. The10iscominghome Upthera1888

There’s no crisis. Just lots of bad decisions by the board and the manager. I’m honestly still fuming with the result who ever is in charge of signing players needs shot as does the scouts. They all knew Tierney was gonna go spend 3m on boligoli leave him out and play our best midfielder in his position? 3 players who were 1st choice on team sheet in defence are gone the 2 replacements were on the * bench 1 was on the pitch I can’t remember the last time we lost 4 goals at home. I rekon he will get hardly * all to spend now either as kt money covers CL money all because of bad decisions all starts by giving Lennon the job only reason he’s got the job as he’s the yes man I believe if he was at Hibs when the rat left would they have went for Lennon if he was at Hibs and had to pay money for him? Poor decisions have cost us and if it costs us the league lawwells head will be wanted on a stick

Whoflungdung likes this.
  12. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Think about it....you can't be a Hibs manager, get sacked then become Celtic manager.
    Absolutely * stupid.

13. Darnok

He hardly did well at Bolton either. Just a bad appointment all round, and many of us knew that at the time.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

At the same time he took hibs up and a very high finish in year 1 being one of the hardest teams we faced playing the best football. Never recovered from selling McGinn.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Lennon got it horribly wrong everyone knows it . For me its what happens next , imo the next couple of weeks will define our season . If Lennon and the players are feeling sorry for themselves they better get out of it fkn sharpish . Before we know it we could be out of europe altogether and get done by the mutants which will have a massive effect on the rest of the season
    So get your fkn heads up Celtic get into the group stages and beat the huns that will do me

16. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

This place is mental. Absolutely mental.

Frasbo and Mince.Charming like this.
  17. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    A bit harsh, Bolton was a basket case £ problems etc...............

Lilac Wine and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Always the same after a defeat like that! You wait to see it at month end!

Whoflungdung likes this.
  19. Tomas

I'm not jumping up to defend our result or even the manager's part in it, but I want to point out that Neil Lennon wasn't "sacked" by Hibs.

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tomas people have it in for Neil Lennon from the minute he came back.

People talking about Rafa, Cocu, Moyes and AVB was all from the expectation that we could attract a manager of substance since we did the same in 2016.

In 2016 it suited Rodgers to get the Celtic gig, he had zero offers since he was sacked by Liverpool people saying aye Lennon was sacked by Hibs then walks into the Celtic job.

Lennon sack/resign/mutual agreement whatever.

Celtic are not a attractive prospect to any decent manager.

We have a board who will do the bare minimum to support the manager imo.

But you can’t allow for Lennon leaving

£7m Centre back
    £3m left back
    £2m winger
    £4m winger

On the bench or out the squad for playing your best CM at left back and a young boy in Mikey Johnston who has looked decent but needs time and then he brings on Morgan big Sutton was right that was a game the other night for the new singings and tried and tested players!

His comments about trying to shoehorn Oli in was a joke considering his comments about why he wouldn’t put Shved in matchday squad against st Johnstone.

Lennon is a sitting duck already with our support. Failure to beat AiK and take something at Ibrox this will be like the 2015/16 season under Deila!

Lilac Wine and Sgt Neppers* like this.