1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I’ve no problem believing that Lawwell is signing the players.
    I’m sure Lennon took the job knowing exactly what he was getting into. It would all have been discussed in the Hampden shower room.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We need 4 decent signings and our squad will look much better...

LB, RB, DM and GK

The CL carrot makes us much less appealing now tho. So we will need to spend..

Lilac Wine and Gabriel like this.
  3. seanm

100%lennons fault last night. Why would any manager repeat the mistake we vilified rodgers for.ie calmac at LB.i wonder if kennedy told him not to do it. * the whole team balance up.exhibit 2 to know after 10 mins it wasnt going to work and not change it is even more worrying.put calmac in midfield and put anyone at RB we would be through.criminal.* game management.HH

Lilac Wine and Whoflungdung like this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If that's true mate then our recruitment is a disgrace..

He's looked more assured than Jozo to me, albeit in limited game time. He was also statistically one of the top defender's in the French top flight a couple year back as well..

Doesn't make sense. Jullien and Shved have came from better/decent league's where they've performed yet can't get a look in here.....over dross and a defense that's all over the shop..

I'm no having that Bitton is a better option at the back than Jullien..

No one is buying Morgan is a better option than Shved..

I can believe Lenny doesn't have a big say in our transfers....despite what Lawwell spouts about an eye for a player. I do believe Lawwell has more of a say than he should..

If I'm no mistaken we were looking at Jullien long before Lenny came in. Shved obviously was signed before he came in as well..

So if we've got a 7 mill defender and a 2 mill roughly winger on the books who he doesn't rate or seem to even want on the bench at time's....then what do we do?

MickeyyMack likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Yep. Caught between a rock and a hard place..

Club's know we're no skint with the KT money just in alone so would try to fleece us. Most quality player's won't entertain us now either..

To be honest we've probably gone right down the bottom of the list's on who we'll go for on the cheap anyway..

JC Anton and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If it’s the Taylors and O’Donnells of the quality then would rather sign no *!

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Would take both and McKenna right now..

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Your delirious now old friend!

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I said no way have Celtic spent 7 million and not done their homework. As I say I don't know the guy but his son plays for knightswood and just recently joined Hamilton and my son plays for Glasgow boys and both are in the same league. He mentioned players he represents but I can't remember who but he seemed really clued up. I just pray jullien isn't a 7 million compper. As for bolingoli he never mentioned anything about him.

Lilac Wine and McChiellini.. like this.
  10. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I try to make sure I don't jump in too quick with my opinions and I've managed to do that since last night. But now I feel I need to state the obvious....Neil Lennon is nowhere near good enough to take us forward. The Callum McGregor decision last night is up there with the worst I've seen from a Celtic manager for a long time.

When he gets the job you put the doubts out of your head and get behind the man, but only half way through August and already he's * our season. * unforgivable going with Lenny full time, but nowhere near surprising with that * lawwell still in office.

11. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    I’ve also heard Julien wasn’t lennons signing. Was Rodgers/Congerton but the board still went ahead with it.
    Hope not. Shambles

muaythai postie likes this.
  12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Funny how all this * comes out after games like last night but not a peep before!

Lilac Wine likes this.
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Well to be fair, Lennon confirmed that Jullien had been identified well before he took over.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  14. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Who knows. Wouldn’t imagine Lawell would allow Neil to leave a 7million player on the bench but * knows anymore.

15. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lenny says he wanted Ntcham in the team

Well he should have him at Left Fcukin Back then.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Jullien is a good player. Established in a far better league. Whoever he was identified by doesn’t matter at this point because he makes us better and Lennon’s got a quality CB to choose from. But he won’t * choose him.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  17. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    If jullien and mbombo are unwanted duds you are talking a 10mill loss on the players coupled with a 15mill at least loss of champions league money. We simply can't afford those sort of financial mistakes. Simply jullien is too expensive to fail. People talking about lack of spending but we have spent over 14 mill on bayo, shved jullien and boli in 2019 and not one of them has yet showed a capability of being a first choice player.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

18. Frasbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    wow, 16 goals in 4 games, best start to a domestic campaign since 1971 and were in crisis. get a grip and get behind the manager.

Pogues likes this.
  19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The most worrying thing about Lennon and I don’t think it’s been mentioned as of yet is he is listening to the press and pundits who have Slated boli recently.
    I’ve not heard much of them regarding Julien other than the fact he’s been out of the squad and references to his price tag,
    Basically trying to portray him as an expensive Dud.Lennon started boli in Romania and we came away with a favourable result to take home to parkhead, and again played him in the league game afterwards I’ve got to admit yes he needs to improve but that can only happen with a run of games same with Julien, Boli looked better in the second half at the weekend in the league, but surely alarm bells have got to be ringing if his team selection is being affected by the press giving how much it will be ramped up purely on the fact we are out to achieve 10 this and the fact he’s never had a good day with the Honest non sectarian Muppets who work the press in this country. Worrying if is the case

20. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Not in crisis I think you have failed to gather this is purely coming out of anger relating to how the club is being run and the direction they have chooses to go in Europe.

Frasbo and cfc_kenny like this.