1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Aug 10, 2019.

Discuss Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gil-Scott Heron

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    The same Rodgers who was forbidden to strengthen the team so we could kick on in Europe.

If last night doesn't shine a light on why BR left, I don't know what does.

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  2. Maestro 08

Middle to front promising. CDM & defence.....we are paying the price for a chronic lack of investment and mismanagement going back a number of years. Something Lennon has tried/had to address this season but comes too late for us. But then again, even this season wee have hummed and hawed over signings.

We have no defensive midfield cover for Brown, our best defender is a kid in Ajer. Our best Midfielder is playing LB because the one we identified is a bombscare. Years of negligent recruitment and penny pinching caught up with us again.

blizzard bhoy likes this.
  3. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Starting to think the same in all honestly. I hate the manner that he left in, but it's starting to become clear why he jumped ship.

He's also partially to blame for this mess though.

aliceinsound and Whoflungdung like this.
  4. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Genuinely can’t remember feeling this furious after a game since the huns bet us on pens in 2016. Absolutely * livid at the incompetence and disregard shown over the last few years.

5. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I'm disgusted with that result, woulda been better with traffic cones at the back last night.

HH88 likes this.
  6. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    When was the last time we shipped 4 at home in any competition ?????

7. RiquelmeCSC

Maybe I’m a bit crap with football tactics but surely with 10 mins go and winning the game. You bring on a defender and try to defend the lead? Why in the name of Christ was Lewis Morgan brought on?

8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

A championship player at best in a champions league tie. * joke. Dont even think we'll get by the next round of the europa.

Sydneysider likes this.
  9. RiquelmeCSC

Okay well let me rephrase it, regardless of who he brings on he didn’t play who he should have. Maybe I can’t name individual favourites (maybe Brown and Morgan) but you can see who he clearly doesn’t like IE, Sinclair, Shved to name a few.

Sydneysider likes this.
  10. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    We played with a 3 of CalMac, Christie and Rogic against Leipzig and it was our best performance of the season. I definitely don’t have a problem with having a ball winner on the park but it isn’t the only way to play football, we aren’t limited to that, especially against a team that in paper isn’t half as good as us.

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Heard Lenny saying that we gave them too much space to cross, so a lot of blame needs to goto both FBs.

Also agreed with Dan Petrescu says the competition is a joke and the likes of Cluj and Celtic should be straight in, instead they have teams finishing 4th going straight in.

12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I couldn't sleep last night. OK, there was also a thunderstorm where I live, and I am sensitive to loud noises on top of all the bigger issues stemming from my neuro-motor condition. But trying to not think about last night's result was too hard. For my own mental health, I probably won't watch Celtic in the late night times any more. I know these events will repeat next summer, unless the board is forced out. I have depression, and sleep is precious in such cases.

Lennon was slow with the subs, and also put the wrong ones, but the board are the common denominator in all the failures in the past 10 years. They chose every manager, and should bear the consequences of poor selection.

13. Bonobhoy

Bailed last night due to rage,so appologies if anything was said to anyone that offended.

Anyways,still * raging.

We are in a mess regarding the Defence and goalkeeper situations and its needs addressed asap,i dont know how we are going to do that being out the CL now,the El is a joke and id personally not even be interested in staying in that tournament,if we struggle against Cluj then far better teams wil embarass us.

Lenny just has to learn here now,no more * about,he was a disgrace last night. Broony needs to be used as a bit part player now and Calmac slotting into midfield now.

The board is another matter,they need punted or invest and i mean INVEST. The danger of everything about our future is at stake and they are * about attempting to do this on the cheap.

This is our Delia/Sevco moment here....If we learn and be properly invested in we will obliterate the League teams.

Gutted to the feeling of sickness,and its not even about the CL miss out.....the future,we have went back at a reate of naughts.

14. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Mind for months before he left we all said it would be the board’s fault he’d leave at the end of the season. He was probably trying to make some kind of statement to the board with the way he left, but all it did was cover their * in terms of the fan backlash being directed towards Rodgers rather than them.

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

having taken a pill and slept, kind of, on it

the manager has to take a lot of the blame for that last night theres no hiding it

if hes not up to it then get some * else in that is and i love lenny but i love celtic more

yeah the board are * but that team selection was a riot and neil * of with the excuses

we were ahead twice ffs and we couldnt see the game out what the *

blizzard bhoy likes this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Yet again we have been caught out, thought we could study the night before the exam and still pass it, it's so amateurish it's untrue, a complete and utter shambles, we are supposed to be a big club ffs, it's time we acted like one !

Mince.Charming likes this.
  17. Paradise88

Think the coaching staff relied too much on the myth of "Celtic at home on European night are hard to beat"

Then we field players who have their most experience in the championship, in place of a seasoned european veteran.

Boli should have started,I know he had a bit of a nightmare last week but nothing like last night.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  18. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I dont think he expected the defence to A) let Omrani have a free shot off of a rebound and B) Bain to palm it right * to him but I agree what the was going through his head bringing Morgan on

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yep. And it really is a myth these days.

Long time since Celtic Park was a fortress.

Sydneysider likes this.
  20. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

could we have asked for special dispensation from the spfl sfa to postpone the weekends game like cluj done domestically ?