1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Aug 10, 2019.

Discuss Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Tonight confirms that we are not any better than the europa team we were last season.

Fully87 likes this.
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

Invincible treble and Double treble winner Brendan Rodgers who took us to the groups the year prior ?

Lennon was appointed on the high of the treble treble the whole reason he was appointed at FT of the final was due to the board knowing the support wouldn't be happy. Neil Lennon is not and never will be anywhere near the calibre of Rodgers.

PS Rodgers is still a horrible snakey scummy bawbag with shiny heed

Ciaran_67 and DennyCelt like this.
  3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Go have a wee pull. Won’t kill the pain but will do your prostate the world of good. Just think 10 in a row and I guarantee it gets you going. Think of Mike Ashley * all over Dave King and that should finish ye no bother.:50:

LV426 likes this.
  4. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Brown should never have been anywhere near the first team tonight, we can only hope lessons are learned from this. I’m not optimistic, but I’m hopeful of that being the case.

BhoysInGreen likes this.
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    BTW are you anything to Belend that posts on here? I think you’d like him.:dancing::humpani:

6. Roskopicachu

Lenny got everyone fired up at half-time but didn't know how to calm it down after we got into the driving seat.

7. john2061

Yeah the boards time is up and we need someone who can gets us to the group stages and give the manager the money in June not * middle of August when the games are up and running.
    Lennon now needs to get his * act together as that team selection was a joke tonight and winning the league will save his job .

8. Darnok

I was at work, so I couldn't watch the second half even if I wanted to. I disagree with you, I never thought Cluj would beat us, well until I saw the team tonight and I knew it didn't look good, but Slavia are a whole other level. They did really well in the EL last year, and I doubted we would beat them. The point about 9 and 10, we can't just switch it on and off, European performances will be carried into domestic ones, and vice versa. Also, if we don't progress in Europe, we will have less money and will be less able to attract a higher standard of player, which will also have an effect on our domestic performances.

9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Wrong. We had a bit accepted but it was too late. We didnt get him because Lawell spent too much time trying to be shrewd and lowballing them.

10. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    It doesnt matter. Your statement was with regard to being a europa league club. Regardless of the domestic performance, thats still the level we are this season. Im not making a direct comparison to manager, you are doing that. Im talking about the level the squad is at, to where it was last season.

In that case, why do you leave out that Lennon once got us to the last 16? I can answer that for you, because you are only as good as your last performance.

11. Sgt Neppers*

Love Brooney, but he struggled tonight. At 34 he needs to be managed a little differently. He needs supported off the field by management not playing him every game or certainly not the full 90 of every game. On the field his support his best offered by Calmac, who is starting to reach his prime. Positionally there to support brooney in the defensive phase and protect the back 4 and gets forward, scoring goals or assiting by finding the killer pass.

The handball was * baffling, infuriating and almost laughable in the same feeling.

12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    We dont have a midfielder who can give us physically what Brown can. Otherwise i think he might of been dropped. Either way he needs competition.

13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    The way Christie been playing and our midfield in general, again we scored 3 goals, our midfield and striker s have been doing their job well from start off the season, it’s the defence that needs sorted

Actually think we have to act after losing 4 goals at home and when that hopefully gets sorted we will be okay

14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    He has had a few european howlers over the years, kick on Neymar stands out as one. His game seemed to be more disciplined and composed under Rodgers

15. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yes bcos he * about with 500 K.if he gave it strait away we wouldo have had him. He can spend that amount on a 2 week trip.to NY.

16. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I thought Brown had a howler tonight.
    Got caught the wrong side of his man for the cross that led to the goal. Mis judged header and blatantly hand balled.

Seemed to have a tough night of it. Defensively, yes we were unorganised.

17. NyköpingCelt

18. James Gold Member Gold Member

I never said that at all.

Your statement is massively blinkered. Yes Lennon took us to the last 16 and also bet Barcelona but that's not all he has done you're forgetting his time after he left the first time. Lennon was appointed as the cheap option on the high of winning another treble. He should have parted ways again at Hampden thus allowing us to go after a higher calibre manager

19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Your not a stupid guy and you surely agree we won’t be shopping in the top tier of the transfer market. We depend on hidden gems and good agents to direct decent young talent our way to develop and further their career. We never do Europe the easy way and tonight definitely proved that but to be so dismissive of the team after a first half we were pretty dominant is the usual in match threads. And I still stand by they should have been a man down for a red. Also a penalty decision waved away after the guy turned with his arm toward the ball. Penalty for me. Our problem tonight referee aside was that we don’t know how to gather and close down quickly after we attack. For me this season is about 9 in a row because the closer we get the more bitter them * become. And while that isn’t quite shooting for the stars it is bread and butter and this season I will live on that.

jude 67 likes this.
  20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    The most infuriating thing about tonight has to be Brown's handball, honestly baffling. We go 2-1 up and honestly look like we're going to smash them, a corner drifts harmlessly wide and for whatever reason, brown handballs it.

Say that doesn't happen, i think we go and score a third and kill the game, * sickening.