1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Martybhoy53

Lawwell is sucking the life out of the club. GET HIM TO *!!

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Imagine we were up against a team in qualifying and the sold a player for £25m, we'd be thinking "oh *!". We'd be worried about who they were going to bring in.

Imagine they didn't bring in anyone. Imagine they didn't interview anyone for their manager's job cause the chairman couldn't be bothered.

Imagine they just pocketed that money and went into the game against us without an LB. Imagine they signed a £7m then never played him.

That's what its like to be any club from deepest darkest * Transylvania that comes up against Celtic. The club has been mismanaged beyond belief and we're a * gimme to any European backwater that can organise a kickabout.

We need to get Lawwell and his cronies so far to * it's not even real. It's a joke that this * takes millions from us as "bonuses" while he orchestrates the decline on the pitch.

3. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not going to single out Lawwell as often he's just the fall guy. He deserves a lot of the blame, of course.

The fact is that we're a * shambles from top to bottom. We're totally inept in scouting and transfer negotiations. We constantly fail to build upon positions of strength. I think we need a review of our entire organisational structure, because something isn't working. Clubs with far lesser resources are routinely showing us up in Europe.

For a club our size it's absolutely pathetic.

Peej likes this.
  4. dmccourt95

120 mill missed out on in 4 of the last 6 season when we are seeded and the richest club in the playoff route every year but Lawwell will make a comment about the Huns at the AGM and we will move on

The Legend Of Lubo and Peej like this.
  5. leeso-ardoyne

Celtic FC are a * laughing stock and us supporters are thick as * for supporting this board with our hard earned cash year in year out. * sickening when I think about it!

dmccourt95, thailandceltic and Peej like this.
  6. Mr Diggler

I think I read that Ronny Deila was Lawells appointment. He pushed for it after Keane knocked us back. That went well. After that shambles Desmond went out and got Rodgers only for Rodgers to fall foul of Lawell and eventually jump ship. Now Lennon is apparantly Lawells man this time again. Lawell is a cheap skate. He doesn't deserve the pleasure of being the CEO of Celtic. He is a joke.

7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Get this * to *.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    There will still be the happy clappers who back this shambles of a board, but for 16years now this board have continued to short change the fans and the grumbles are getting louder and louder.

Anyone who tells me this is knee-* can go take a jump off a cliff, because knee * is one off, this is constantly every * season.
    With this season's issues being known for over a year now and not sorted at all.

12 months ago we knew boyata and benkovic were not going to be here this season, we knew compper and hendry were not good enough, a year ago! And what have we done to fix that? One CB who has barely kicked a ball for us.

We knew right back was an issue for over a year as well, Gamboa wasn't fancied from day dot. Toljan was stock gap and we knew lustig was off, so why the * has right back not been sorted yet? Elhamed is a make shift right back who has been the only vague positive so far (in that he isn't *), yet we still need another and haven't managed it.
    We also knew Izzy was for the off, we brought in boli, who is so poor we don't trust any more.
    Boli was backup to Tierney - anyone want to claim he was the replacement for Tierney is admitting the board knew Tierney was for the off ages ago, along with Izzy, thus the board knew another left back was needed regardless. Nothing done about it.

We know Gordon is gash, we figured out Bain isn't as great as we want him to be by the end of last season, no fault to him, but we haven't even looked like bringing in a new keeper.

This board has sold us short yet again and they now have a ready made excuse not to spend the Tierney money, and the saddest part is some of our fans will clap along to it and accept that.

* that *.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not denying anything of what you said, I'm asking you to look at things outwith the sole prism of tonight's game. We are failing to qualify more than we are successful doing so. Who shoulders the blame for that?

Our turgid approach to the transfer window has meant that we brought in Boli a few weeks back and had to get him up to speed and our failure to bring in a RB promptly has meant Ajer has been played out of position. It's stopped us from having any continuity whatsoever.

There is no reason, literally no reason why we have not brought in more players at the beginning of the window to give us the best chance possible of qualifying. That doesn't absolve Lennon from making his tactical mistakes tonight but if we continue our current strategy then the next manager will fail to qualify just like Lennon has and just like those before him have. There is a common denominator here and it isn't Lennon.

_DannyBhoy_ and King of Kings like this.
  10. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Happy clapper brigade no where to be seen..
    Colour me shocked..

Called numerous people panty wetters, for even contemplating the possibility that our lack of strengthening would backfire..

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Give it a day, let them sleep on it and hope the rest of the fans calm down a little, then they will start pointing out we spent big money on Julien...7 million while we raked in over 30mill last season (after the Eduard purchase) and 25mill so far this window.
    * stinks.

12. James Gold Member Gold Member

Boli was the only LB available in the last round as well and we didn't even have any RB at that point but this thread was quiet because we got through. I'm not sticking up for the board at all here they shaft us time and time again but I just don't feel you can blame them tonight.
    I think we're singing from the same hymn sheet tbh mate. Yes we approach our business all wrong and make excuses time and time again just even look at Lennon over the last few weeks we've went from a few being close to not needing anyone for this round. I just think looking at the game on it's own tonight the blame lies solely at Lennons door. If we had got through and gone in to the Slavia game with the same squad then fair doos it's open season on the board but that mob were hammer throwers tonight we could and should have gone through but Lennon shafted us

Seán Mac D likes this.
  13. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Just to sum up the shambles, our wage total is £59m, the whole Romanian league is £47m combined.

14. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Erm and who exactly is the man at the top responsible for appointing the scouting team and setting up the organisational structure?

15. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

As I said, we need to take a look at our entire organisational structure. We had the 12th highest wage bill in the Europa League last year.

freitassen and King of Kings like this.
  16. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team To Play For
    I’m sure we’ve trimmed our wage bill this summer after letting 13 players leave and watch us sell someone else now

17. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Gotta agree here the way Pete set the team up, the tactics, the system, some of the team selection and playing CalMac at the back .. while not wanting/being prepared to use the 10 million quids worth of defenders he has acquired recently .. it really was * hour and it really does make him look useless ..Plus did you see the way he just slapped that ball away for the penalty, * useless ...

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100 percent can blame the board. That backline has been known to be a shambles for years now, and 12 months ago we knew exactly what that backline would look like on June the 1st. The board have had lots of time to fix it...they haven't.... They are completely at fault for this shambles.

19. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

If the reports were true that Desmond was straight on to the phone to Rodgers after he bid for Cal Mac then he should be straight to Lawell after tonight's shambolic showing telling him to spend some money on quality players.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You're a good poster mate, I like your insights but I think your perspective here is contradictory. If we do our business all wrong then how can the blame possibly lie solely at Lennon's door?

If he was the only manager that had failed to qualify with us being seeded under this strategy then that would point to him being at fault...but he isn't. Rodgers failed, Deila failed.

As CEO he is responsible for the success of both the PLC and the football club. The targets of one of those are met almost without fail, while the others are regularly not met. There has to be accountability for that.