1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Aug 10, 2019.

Discuss Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

* sick of this *. Get some money spent for * sake. Hire scouts, do something. I'm pretty sure the cluj wage bill is nowhere near ours, why can't we buy the top players from teams like this? I'm sure the football world are in awe of our bank balance. * right off lawell and Co. *

jude 67, ciaran72, gazb1888 and 2 others like this.
  2. kmg

Rodgers left because the board were going to strip his team and only sanction * signings - this is the result

3. Sgt Neppers*

Lennon with poor tactics and team choice and leaving out out 10million pounds of new signings because he doesn't trust them and needed needed in won't wash here.

Couple that to awful pub team defending for all goals.

Everybody at the club should hang their head in shame.

seanm likes this.
  4. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing
    * joke.... That's ALL on NL... That starting line up was a * take... CM at lLB.... *.... .. Leaving sinclair out for Morgan was a brutal decision... Bringing Morgan on even worse.... We were *...

jude 67, ciaran72, Slaw and 1 other person like this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lennon needs to take blame along with the board for not delivering players in time and when those payers are delivered lennon does not play them

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

6. Paul McAuley

Bain needs to go.

Brown why? Time for a back seat.

Criminal by the board.

Lenny got a reaction at half-time but that team selection wow.

That was a terrible pump the ball long team. I'm fukin am embarrassed.

What worry me is Bain won't be replaced. The board will go cheap again and Lenny is bringing me back memories of me screaming that he's got it wrong from the last time he was in charge.

Fukin sick.

7. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Pathetic. Time to get their green tinted spectacles off. Wake up and * 10 in a row, invest for the NOW not the LATER!

8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    This nightmare started last summer when the board failed to back Rodgers.

We sold our best forward and never replaced him, the rift was too much for Rodgers and then the January window was a big * you with Lawwell saying I’m bigger than you and the snake walked.

Lawwell gambled with Lennon and it paid off we done the treble and then he made his move to name him manager. We should have looked at others before he was named but he got his way.

Summer comes along and we lose a * load of players and reduce the wage bill sign a 7 million pound centre half (Lennon needs to explain why he wasn’t playing tonight, he is a fault for this loss)

We sign a left back who is * *, and a few others, our new right back was ball watching for their third even though Bain is *.

Sell our price asset once again and fail to add really quality and it’s cost us once again.

I’m going to be totally honest right now and I don’t care if this offends the green tinted mon on here, I really can’t see us winning the league this season.

Lennon has shown once again tactically he is not good enough. * need tae stop going on about when we got to the last 16 cause some of his other results like tonight have been ducking embarrassing.

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  9. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    If the fans don't campaign to remove these * on the board then it'll never change. These * are ripping the pish out us.

Thebs, KRS-1888 and Boruc17 like this.
  10. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

there the excuse for not spending any more money

every season same *

we go into these games with a depleted first team with weak positions cluj exploited it in both legs and were out as a result of the board not buying a proper left back only at the last minute did we buy a right back and he looks * brilliant by the way

who decided boli was a left back who pulled the trigger on that had neil lennon even seen him play did he know he was the replacement for tierney ?

we were so naive after gettin ahead tonight kept playing like it was a * game in the park by trying to get another get another quick attitude cluj read our attempts so easily and i lost count of the amount of times we gifted them the ball

all we had to do was slow the game down and keep the ball and make them chase it, after all teh years weve played possesion football we chose tonight to completely disregard it

* joke tbh

11. M 67

Really?

12. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    If the fans don't campaign to remove these * on the board then it'll never change. These * are ripping the pish out us.

13. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Good luck to Cluj in the next round. We don't deserve to be there on that defensive showing.

We need to be buying players now with aview to next years qualifiers, but we won't and will be going again then with makeshift defences and hoping for the best.

14. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Surely something has to happen to this Board!
    As long as they fail to back us to reach the Group stages of the champions league quite frankly we will not be competing in them.
    It’s a shambles fans Are blind to see this due the Domestic dominance stop Stating the Huns are completely Gullible to There board and open your eyes enough is enough an this Board Have questions to answer.
    Season after season it’s clear they are needing meeting the fans ambitions! The laughing stock of Europe again but it’s alright we have money in the bank JOKE!

15. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

Fact is no matter who we put out on the field today we should never be shipping 4 goals ffs

16. DonnyCelt

This is beyond embarrassing now!!!! Lawwell and his * muppets must go!!!! How many seasons do we have to do this for before it sinks in!!!! PLAYING.....RUSSIAN......ROULETTE.....WITH.....QUALIFICATION.....DOES....NOT.....WORK!!!!! * Europa League we wont get that with defending like tonight!!! Lennon hasn't helped tonight with his tactics and team selection!!!! Absolute fuckig joke yet again

ciaran72 likes this.
  17. GAA_Celtic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    No
    Lawell is always blamed but nobody does anything to get rid of him.

Too busy sitting watching the pennies rather than buying players of any real quality.

Lennon must feel like he has been stitched up. Promised transfer funds but isn't getting any replacements in.

ciaran72 likes this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What a disgusting defensive performance..

Our game management going ahead was a disgrace..

That mob were street wise but so bang average it was unbelievable. Yet have pumped us by 4 at our own place. Astonishing..

The alarm bells and warning signs of that defence were there for all to see..

Some of us have said Broony was a worry and bypassed all night then does the most ridiculous handball I've ever seen. I'm embarrassed for him..

Bain. A Celtic keeper? Do me a * favour. Flapped at everything all night. For their third goal he was a joke. Starts flapping all over the place and puts it out for a corner. Does it all the time. The save for the third was actually that long one wasn't it. Perfect assist. Pitiful goalkeeping. An absolute bombscare all night..

The subs. Left Griff off too long. Shouldn't have kept McGregor at left back. Bringing that wee diddy Morgan on..

My word that was as bad as it get's..

Sick. Scunnered..

Gambled on qualification with a squad that was clearly needing bolstered in certain positions and for the second year running....We've only ourselves to blame..

The fallout after this is gonna be brutal..

19. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That's soul destroying.

Feel for Lenny, he's going to get ripped apart for this and no doubt will be compared to Rodgers' embarrassing decision to play Callum at LB. It was a huge risk and maybe asking for trouble but it didn't look so bad on paper and everyone was united in saying Boli wasn't ready.

It wasn't his greatest tactical night. On the plus side at least it shows he can lift a dressing room.

One thing for sure, Callum is far too important a playmaker to ever be sacrificed.

Still strange we were so limp the first half considering how many creative players we have going forward. I mean surely we're better than one player out of position.

Nothing to do with hindsight, Morgan is not ready yet and has to go on loan, makes too many over ambitious moves rather than keeping it simple.

I'd rather not even play Thursday night and Sunday afternoon football now, it's all about the league. Maybe the level of opposition could help us over the season but right now it feels like an anti climax.

I think we need to experiment more with two up front, Griff has such an instinct for making goals and Eddy could do with support.

ciaran72 likes this.
  20. RomanianFanAMA

ez. JKjk you were much better imho. We got very lucky :)