1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Keano88, Jul 3, 2019.

Discuss Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Needs to work on his positioning, some of his passes were torture too.

But did really well 2nd half.

Problem being he needs to. Improve as we can't be playing him as a winger, as we have better options.

Hope it'll come good for him, just a wee settling in phase hopefully.

Artorias and neilly1987 like this.
  2. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Good second half, nice assist and did fine Vs St J last week, has shown some honking stuff as well though, so criticism is justified.
    Hopefully it's just settling in and he was contending with injury and illness in a couple of the Euro games also.
    Not a total write off by any means, but needs to sharpen up fast.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  3. 67goodyear Gold Member Gold Member

You could see Cal Mac doing this in the second half yesterday.

4. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

He probably just needs to keep things simple first and foremost, especially at the start of games. He had a torrid time yesterday when Motherwell were on top. People were running off him and his passing was really loose.

He grew into the game and was much better in the second half. I think there's something there. He looks like he can bomb up and down the flank all day and looks quite strong for someone so wiry. He needs to learn quickly but he'll get the gametime over the next few weeks so if his attitude.mentality is right he's got a chance.

5. Stornoway

Amazing how quickly people react to players performances. Give the guy a chance to prove himself for goodness sake.

6. Mr. Slippyfist

Actually finding it quite strange and amusing that after a game which we won 2-5 at a ground where we hae found it difficult in the past that so many players are beng written off - Boli, Bain, Morgan.

Random Review and Marty McFly like this.
  7. Stornoway

Yes, would seem incredible that they were so poor but first win there since 2017? Last three games have all been draws.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  8. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Very good. :rolleyes:

PaulM1888 likes this.
  9. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I remember seeing Tony cascarino for the 1st time and thinking * me he's rotten. I don't see that with bolingoli, once he slows things down a bit he'll be decent. His defending just now isn't great but going forward he is getting into decent positions. If he was supported down the right the way Forrest supports the right back we wouldn't be moaning about him. Johnson is a better option than Morgan bcoz he's more offensive which means bolingoli won't bomb forward so much and we won't be so exposed down his side. As I've said before some players find playing for Celtic quite daunting and once he settles down and starts to relax he'll be a good player for us.

Tommy25 and Lilac Wine like this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    What is in his favour, is that the main things causing him problems, can be easily improved upon, through coaching.

TESLA, Tommy25, Blochairnbhoy and 4 others like this.
  11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He has looked sloppy on the ball but he's also shown in flashes that he can play so I really think the biggest issue is probably just nerves.

Think he'll be a beast when he's got a few more games under his belt and settled in. Problem with that is that we can't afford to be making mistakes like that in the CL qualifiers.

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. MyNameIsMartin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    I do think he will be good for us but I just can't help think he is too close to the nets (if Scott leaves, would Boli be an adequate replacement and then we bring in a European quality left-back?) and should he be playing further up the pitch? Hopefully this is him just settling in and we have a decent player.

But he's scaring the crap out of me, lads. I still think we need a LB, CB, RB cover and Striker.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hes our new LB. Hes played a few games. He looks like he has the ability in flashes. Give him time, not instantly buy another LB. If hes * still by Christmas then go in the January sales.

Move onto other weak positions now ready for barcelona.

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mon son!

"so when it comes to sun and fun and goodness in the jungle
    we all prefer the sunny funny one they call Mbombo!"

Let's get behind the *

:yeah:

bagforlife likes this.
  15. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Hopefully just a phase... But ive never seen such horrible possitioning for a defender!

Peej likes this.
  16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Andre Blackman likes this.

Moore likes this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hes not a defender at all for me but going forward as I've said, I dont have many worries.

I dont necessarily agree with some who are saying it can be easily coached into him. Hes 24 and from comments by Rapid fans it seems like that was his issue there too. It would be a big achievement for Lennon to coach that into him IMO and it will be interesting to see if he can.

18. Crilly Hakuhna matata

He looked dreadful in yesterday's game. Lost the ball so many times. Passing is brutal even when he doesn't give it away his passing is still bad or he passes it behind the runner. Needs to sharpen up big time. Thought he looked good in his first two games. And shows flashes of what he's capable of so hopefully he improves quickly

19. murphy88

You can't teach someone to be able to control the ball and not to pass it out the park. You either have it technically as a footballer or you don't in my opinion. Folk aren't judging him only on yesterday, he has looked shaky defensively in every game he has played, apart from St. Johnstone when literally anyone could have been at left back from a defensive point of view.

20. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Pretty sure there’s a player in there and he’ll come good. New country, league, culture etc etc. Should probably be taken out the firing line just now though until he’s found his feet.

MickeyyMack likes this.