1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lennon - we may need to move out players, before signing anyone.

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Aug 8, 2019.

Discuss Lennon - we may need to move out players, before signing anyone. in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If sinclair stays their is no way a left winger is coming with him on those wages

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

2. oh bhoy

There will be more chance of 5 leaving a lb,Hayes a rb,hendry lw,morgan rw,Arzani st,bayo .they could all leave it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference

3. Keano88

You better tell Lenny that then mate.

4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    1. Left back
    2. Right back
    3. Centre back
    4. Defensive midfielder - too many midfielders in the squad though
    5. Centre forward

In that order, for me.

This is what we really need but realistically it just ain’t going to happen. It’s ridiculous but it’s what I have come to expect.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  5. D'Ecosse

There's no 'IF' now the English window has closed - there is no Scottish club can afford him unless Celtic SIGNFICANTLY underwrites his wages - besides why re-sign him to loan him, especially carrying some of his wages? I think PL f'd up on this one, he was re-signed with the intention or recouping some fee, but looks like the asking price was more than anyone would pay in spite of interest from multiple teams; and there is no way I can see him taking the Mrs and the family to Europe.
    So he's here at least until January.

And at this point don't know what you do with Hendry & Hayes now either, although they could be loaned to Scottish clubs I imagine.
    Shved & Bayo - not sure why they are already being discounted - next to zero game time and that's a right winger and a striker right there.
    Arzani - that one has always been a weird one - just excess baggage - unproven but don't think there's a surprise in there

I still think we are 'light' in the creative midfield area. I think Calmac's best position is the 10 and that is already fat with Christie & Rogic. I don't think Ntcham will be here come end of the window.

I just hope this £25M isn't burning a hole in NL's pocket and we end buying a bunch of average players, rather than a couple of truly quality ones. I can see the former being more likely, sorry to say ...............

6. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

I think we do need wingers.

Hayes and Morgan are not good enough to improve us. Shved and Arzani are unproven, at Celtic anyway. Sinclair on his way out. Dembele a wean.

7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    2 full backs mainly, then a cb. I would rather have some funds available for January than sign another 5 players now, incase we have injury problems. Rodgers bloated a squad quickly and it makes new future signings difficult

8. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

If the club were honest in what they said about not needing the Tierney money then there’s no excuses for not spending it. Squad needs additions and for that amount of money spent wisely then 10 could be secured as well as a decent euro campaign.

9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

£6-10m on a left back
    £2-5m on a right back
    £5-8m on a central midfielder

That's £13m minimum, £22m maximum and spend the change on a striker/forward player.

10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Can we still loan players to English clubs?

11. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

With the EPL transfer window closed it gives us a better chance of getting quality players in if, and only if our board are willing to spend the Money for KT. But having already spent £7m one player we will be lucky to see more than £5m spent between now and the transfer window closing. I expect a spl left back, a development loanee at RB, and prob a £1m forward from a foreign land that nobody has heard of. But the major shareholders will be high giving each other with their profits!!!

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Only league 1&2

13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    May think we can wait and go back in for Turnbull? Unsure and not something I would rely on. Perhaps he's seen enough in all the center roles that he thinks he has enough.

We've got Rogic and Christie to play as an attacking midfielder. He seems to prefer moving Ntcham further up a bit too. Not to mention McGregor being able to play there as well. I think Lennon has reassessed the area and think we've got adequate cover and other areas are more pressing.

You're right about 5 extra bodies putting us in a great position for the year.

The right back will now be cover for Elhamed, no doubt about it. He's claimed that right back spot early on. I'd love a first choice left back as Boli is scary from what I've seen so far. I'm going to get pelters, but I think Greg Taylor could make the step up (I thought he had a solid season last year and did a job against Belgium too. There may be another left footed Elhamed out there though). The boy from Brentford sounds great but has injury problems and we can't afford to gamble on an unreliable injury list.

Two wingers are odd but must suggest he either doesn't have faith in some of them or they're not ready yet. Surely some may be for the exit door. Lennon seems to not favour loanees, so maybe Arzani won't feature much? Is he preparing for life after Sinclair, who will probably be gone in January? Morgan and Hayes aren't good enough. Shved is unknown but should be given an opportunity. Can kind of understand one winger (as long as some leave) but two is too much imo. Would rather have a centre back instead of another winger, personally.

Centre forward would be someone who would only be called upon if Edouard or Griffiths is injured.

14. themouth1888

5 players will be 4 on Saturday and by end of next week it will be one or two Hopefully.

Please prove me wrong Celtic

Hammy89 likes this.
  15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Believe it when I see it, he has backtracked before in the last couple of weeks so until these 5 players have signed then I don’t believe a word of it.

I hope tae * it’s true, don’t get me wrong but going with the last few weeks, We will see.

themouth1888 likes this.
  16. john2061

If Lenny looking for a couple of wingers maybe he should * off the zombies and bid for Kent :56:

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Would still be tempted to loan a couple out. Morgan should be going to an SPL team and I'd like to see Henderson getting a loan as well.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Too true.

Lennon should really be getting a high proportion of that fee.

19. Jeremie Frimpong

Kent's *, and a horrible * to boot.

Hammy89, Blochairnbhoy and Dazzler86 like this.
  20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That Harry Wilson is far better than Kent. We should have been looking at him on loan.

Came on against Napoli at Murrayfield and changed the game.