1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] CFR Cluj v Celtic, Wed 7th August KO 19:00 Live on Premier Sports.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Jul 30, 2019.

Discuss CFR Cluj v Celtic, Wed 7th August KO 19:00 Live on Premier Sports. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

They looked really tired at the end of both halves, whereas I would say fitness is one of our strengths.

If we keep the tempo high at home I can see us winning fairly comfortably. If we let the game slow it will play into their hands, especially if it’s a one goal swing towards the end.

Also felt they were afraid of us, especially Forrest, Edouard and Christie. They seemed to back off and give them a lot of space. Maybe it was nerves about losing away goals but if they play like that again I can’t see us not scoring a few.

Bolingoli and Morgan were both really poor last night.

When I saw the team sheet first thought was Morgan would struggle. They types of games you need players making the right decisions and that is the weakest part of his game. Having him and Bolingoli on the same side was almost suicidal.

Hopefully Johnston is back for the return because if we have him attacking I can’t see hem handling it.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  2. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Aye I don’t think Morgan has enough in him to be played in these types of high pressure away legs.
    At home and against SPL teams he’d probably be fine.

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I thought Morgan did alright. He was kicked up and down the park in the first half.

Artorias likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Their away form in this years Champions League is nothing great. Lost 1-0 away to Astana and drew 2-2 away with Maccabi Tel Aviv. Certainly agree with you that we have a lot to do yet but hopefully with the away goal and home advantage we can kick on and complete the job next week.

StPauli1916 likes this.