1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    He is not bouncing. He is being bounced.

DEADEYECFC and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  2. Paul McAuley

Honestly * up. I couldn't give a * what's good for Arsenal

Maestro 08 likes this.
  3. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I find it it somewhat ironic that the rationale being used to justify KT leaving is the same that was used as a stick to beat Rodgers with.

4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Wee James.

5. Maestro 08

Sorry mate but you're all over the place. So what ur saying is that in KT's position u would do the same?

6. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

If it's good for Arsenal then it's bad for Celtic, which is what I care about. We could and should have held out for more £40m would have been much more like it.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Please don’t this takes me back to how I felt when Harry left One Direction.

Couldn’t leave my room for days was that emotional.

Marie and Mystic Penguin like this.
  8. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Again he got forgotten about.

9. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

After this whole summer saga I’m glad in a way it’s done. I do believe that him moving has made a mockery of all his fanboy * though.

There’s only room at Celtic for men who want to be there. If you’re not dedicated to the cause, * off no matter who you are.

Jo-Jo-Buffon likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Nah..

I never said I would leave..

But then I've never been in KT's position where he's been and clearly is * with ongoing hip issue's..

I'm certainly no gonna be 'all over the place' greeting about how he's no a Tim cause he's put his self first and left..

11. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Rodgers * off before the end of the season and he left us *, clearly had no interest in even being here last season I dont think and would certainly have walked this summer.

Rodgers would happily have left us * I think just to make himself look good. He almost * us with Dembele and Boyata, i'd have put money on that if he could Rodgers would have extended Armtrong contract by 1 year again, loaned Roberts again, kept Dembele and Boyata against their wishes - had no interest in any signings and then would have left this summer with Armstong, Benkovic, Boyata, Dembele, Lustig, Roberts etc all disappearing at once and probably happy at himself winning 3 trebes and then knowing we were going to be absolutley * replacing half a team and a manager in one window.

He was a sneaky * wether or not he was a Celtic fan wouldnt even come into it.

Just look at how he even dealt with signings like Arzani, Bayo, Shved making out he basically never even knew or heard of him. We had to make signings behind his back as he didn't care about the long term.

Gabriel likes this.
  12. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I’m a Celtic fan. They come first. Good luck to him but he will look back on his career in 15 years time and realise he made a mistake. No one will love him the way we did. Anyone slagging him off, away to *, people calling him a legend, away to *. Deserves nothing but respect. Part of a very successful period in the clubs history but will never be mentioned in the same breath as the greats. Time for us to remember the players here, we have a big game on Sunday. KT will already be forgotten about by then. Celtic now, Celtic then and Celtic forever.

13. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't blame Kt for this at all. A brilliant playeri wish we could keep. But in fairness we should have set the asking price at £35-40M atleast. I still wouldnt be happy he is gone/going but still. £25M is not the fair price.....

14. DonnyCelt

The club could easily say no not for sale. Plenty of clubs do it. Yes your right every player has a price. But Celtic know how important Tierney is/was to the team. But even with history being so close to being achieved, decided to sell him.

15. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    £25m is a lot of money but similarly to how I felt about van dijk and Dembele when they left, its not enough in this market in relation to his true value.

If you throw in the fact that he was never going to throw the toys out the pram and force a move we really shouldve demanded more.

I suppose the positive to take would be it reinforces the fact to top young talent around Europe that performing at this club can take you to the very top. It's sad but the reality that we need to keep this cycle going to move forward as a club especially in Europe - look at Ajax and Porto

Hammy89 likes this.
  16. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Had Rodgers not * off in the middle of the season with the title at stake and waited until the end of the season it wouldn't be all that different to be honest.

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'm not anti-Rodgers, but it's a bit different, isn't it?

18. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Totally different mate,very unfair comparison ,I’m a bit disappointed thought he would stay a few more years or even for life, sure he won’t lose any sleep over it some people bit disappointed, some people don’t blame him, wish him aw the best and that’s fair enough

But and a few mates included that think he was dying to stay at Celtic but the board made him leave cause that’s what they would like to believe need to come into the real world

19. Ak1

KT going brings up a number of issues which many on here have already posted.

1- is £25m to cheap (probably)
    2- will the club re-invest the money on adequate players (probably not)
    3- loyalty of players and the feelings of fans (worth a thread alone tbh)

Personally I loved seeing KT in a Celtic shirt, what a sad way for it to end.

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I get that folk are wound up with this but anyone relating KT leaving to the weasel can STFU and go lie down in a darkened room.